“Great proximity to Convention Center”

Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #37 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Great proximity to Convention Center”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel for an exam at the PA Convention Center. The room was clean, large and had a nice view of the Center City Skyline. The hotel is located across the street from the Southeast corner of the convention center. Hotel provided complimentary Wi-Fi/Internet and coffee (outside the restaurant on the 10th floor). Too bad the exam room was located off of the Broad Street entrance to the Convention Center (8-minute walk). Chinatown and bus station were 2-3 blocks east. There is 24-hr convenient store (Wawa) across the street which was nice. My room was on the 10th floor just off the lobby to the restaurant, so it was noisy at night, though I did not get any street noises. If on the 10th floor, ask for a room farthest from the restaurant. The king bed we had had a feature to adjust the firmness of the bed - not much of an advantage. Towels were clean, just very rough. They have a small gym (2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, 1 bike, medicine balls, 1 bench and free-weights) and small pool on the 7th floor. The attached parking was convenient at $33/day. The hotel is immediately adjacent to the Reading Terminal Market, convenient for some quick and good bites to eat. The room also featured a mini-fridge and small microwave.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 10th floor, West-side for some great views of the skyline. Just remember to be...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
HGIPhillyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
Dear Rupen M,

Thank you for the feedback you provided regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. It was indeed our pleasure to host you. Your satisfaction, feedback and business are very important to us.

We hope that when your travel plans bring you back to the City of Brotherly Love, you will consider staying with us so that we can provide you with the service and amenities that we are very proud of.

Again, thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel and it will be my pleasure to assist you. On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City family, we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Dan Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The rooms are decent and the location is ok but the service is just horrible. Room service never is open even when it's supposed to; front desk staff spends way more time talking to each other than helping others

Dear Lenusvyat,

Thank you for allowing us to host your most recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. It is indeed our pleasure to serve you. Your satisfaction and feedback are very important to us.

In an effort to constantly strive to go above and beyond in terms of guest satisfaction, I feel that we did not accomplish this goal with your most recent visit to our hotel. I want to personally apologize for what you recently experienced. As General Manager, I would like to personally apologize for what you recently experienced regarding the service (lack thereof) in our hotel. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business.

I am hopeful that you will continue using the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City when your future travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Mount Vernon, New York
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Honestly, if this weren't so close to everything we visit, I wouldn't consider staying here again unless I had to. Upon walking up to the desk for the first time, we were greated with "What's your last name?" No hello, no welcome to Hilton, she handed us the keys, explained that parking could be put on our bill and swiped my cc. Guess we missed the friendly staff that the previous reviewer met.
When we got to the room, the bathroom smelled of cigarettes. We weren't too concerned about it because it was later and we were only stopping in to unpack, and head out to dinner. When we told them about it in the morning, the girl at the desk was real pleasant and told us it would be taken care of. 5 hours later, it was still not taken care of. She sent us up some vouchers for free breakfast and the woman from housekeeping (who was also lovely) told us she'd take care of it right away.
The rest of the stay was fine, but I left feeling sick and stuffy the next morning because the heater was sort of touch and go.
Benefits? Cab bank right outside the door, and one of the women at the desk was nice enough to try and chase down some cabs for us when none could be found (in heels, no less)
Not so good? No comp parking. It's $33 a night at the lot next door, which can be charged to your room.

We'll be staying there again, as it's so close to everything. Hopefully it will be a second chance to wow.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear MadeinMassachusetts,

In an effort to constantly strive to go above and beyond in terms of guest satisfaction, I feel that we did not accomplish this goal with your most recent visit to our hotel. I want to personally apologize for what you recently experienced. As General Manager, I would like to personally apologize for what you recently experienced regarding the service at the front desk and the odor in your room. I can assure you that these issues are unacceptable and well below our standards.

Seattle, WA
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This property is located right in the heart of Chinatown and only blocks from the the Old City. Like all Hilton Garden Inns, we had a made-to-order breakfast in their very spacious and nicely-appointed restaurant/ballroom. The staff, except for front desk, were extremely friendly. Although the reception desk and small lobby are on the street level, the actual hotel does not start until the 7th floor. Hence, there was never a security issue even though the hotel is located right next to the always busy Convention Center. Besides a very reasonable weekend rate, the fact that they are located one block from one of the train stations was ideal. We did not incur the expense of renting a car to get into or depart the city. Simply hop the train for $7 each way and you're at PHL Airport in about 20 minutes...perfect!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 7 February 2012

it wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. Rooms were clean and fresh; halls were dimly lit and a bit drab. The front desk crew was pleasant and the location was good if you are working in center city; it's right next to the Philadelphia Convention center. Just no wow factor for me.

West Deptford, NJ
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We booked this hotel for 1 night - as a place to stay after dinner, drinks, and a show in the city.
The hotel was in walking distance of many restaurants, lounges, and clubs in downtown Philly.

Desk Clerk was friendly. Room had nice city views. It had two queen beds and a pull out sofa bed. There was also a desk area, dresser, and flat screen tv. Bathroom was double sink, tub with attached shower.

It was very very clean which made me happy. We only used the room for putting the finishing touches on getting ready and then sleeping when the night was over and it was perfect for that. Because of the central location of the hotel and room arrangement with bed area and sitting area separated by half wall I would recommend to anyone spending sometime to visit the city, including families.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
HGIPhillyGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Dear Jenn K,

Thank you for allowing us to host your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. It was indeed our pleasure to host you and your friends for a 30th.

I want to thank you for the feedback you provided on this website regarding your experience at our hotel. As General Manager, your comments and feedback are very important to us as we use them to commend our associates that have gone above and beyond in providing exceptional service to our guests. The feedback also inspires the entire team to ensure that we exceed our guest’s expectations. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your review/comments with our entire hotel team.

Again, thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City family, we look forward to seeing you in the near future and please wish your friend a belated 30th on behalf of the hotel.

Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Hotel in late December for 4 nights and mostly had a pleasant stay. We booked a Double room ( 2 double beds and a sofa bed). The beds were very comfortable and the room was fairly large with a separate sitting area with sofa bed. The front desk staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. We had a hire car and although I have read other reviews about the expensive parking we were actually not charged for parking and recieved a card which allowed us to come and go as we pleased.(I'm sure we were lucky and this was an oversight by not charging us.....but I'm definitely not complaining). The location is a bit dodgy, I was not comfortable walking around the area after dark and my husband was harassed by a couple of guys as he was leaving a restaurant with some take out one night but on a positve note the railway Market next door is awesome! (especially the pulled pork rolls). Would we stay there again? probably not but that is no reflection on the hotel more on the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family