“Great place.”

Ranked #37 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
CEDAR FALLS
“Great place.”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel with excellent service. Subway across the street. We recommend a trip through the nearby Reading Terminal Market while you are there for unique food stands but be aware that they close at 6 p.m.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Hello Robin and Greg C,

We are so glad you had the opportunity to visit our hotel and share your excellent review. Our team works very hard to leave such positive impressions and we were very glad to hear about your experience. We hope to see you again real soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Coming back from Jamaica we had an unexpected delay in Philadelphia.
We stayed at the airport and then moved downtown. Good choice!
Hotel has a great location. Right beside the Reading Market, which is awesome!
Hotel itself, is fine. No complaints.
Young bell hop is exceptional.
Except for the fact that we had no idea when we were getting home, this is a really cool city.
Did the bus tour, bought winter clothes, saw some sights and met some really great people.
I would like to say, I am glad we were storm stayed, but I can't!\
I am glad that we stayed at this Hilton. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello WildcommonwealthBoy,

Thanks for choosing to be our guest during unexpected stop in Philadelphia due to the storms. We are so glad that you were our guest and shared your excellent review. Thanks for recognizing our bellman and we hope you return again when the weather is better and you can enjoy the amazing attractions our city has to offer.
Princeton Junction, NJ
Reviewed 9 January 2014

narrow high rise by the convention center. was warmly welcomed and had a good night's sleep. we weren't there long enough to do much else. Pool and exercise room closed at 11pm and unfortunately we didn't get settled in room till 11:10 pm. Not sure why, but I was under the impression breakfast was included, it wasn't. The restaurant looked nice, but I didn't have time to go in, was just looking for a quick muffin to grab on the way out. Luckily there were many bakeries and grab and go places on the street.

1 Thank WWwalker
Hello WWwalker,

Thanks for sharing your very nice review of our hotel. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your short visit and look forward to you returning again soon.
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My mother had unexpected surgery on Thursday at The Wills Eye Center and we were only scheduled our hotel Wednesday night. The two managers Paula and John were extremely accommodating and extended our stay until Sunday with no questions asked. I couldn't have asked for a more friendly and considerate staff. Thank you for all you did for my family!

• Stayed January 2014
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Hello Abischof612,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Excellent review on your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We do appreciate you being our guest and are glad we were able to help you and your mom while in for surgery. Thanks for mentioning Paula and John as they both do a wonderful job in making sure our guests feel very comfortable. We all hope your mom is okay and hope to see you again when you can return to enjoy the amazing history our city has to offer.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I am extremely satisfied with our stay at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. The staff were very nice and helpful all day long. We received help from a staff to plan and book a food tour and her recommendation was excellent. She helped us do everything from calling the tour company to the payment process. Another staff recommend some restaurants when we asked for help and we were very pleased with his suggestions. The hotel is clean and quite. It has a family atmosphere which I like very much. The breakfast was excellent for me since I am in a specific diet. I found everything I want and suited me well and my sister found what she like except for the Donuts! :) . One thing I would recommend is providing a safety box in the rooms. It is more convenient for us than carrying important doc. all the time. At the day of our check out, it was very good to know that Hilton Garden Inn can hold our language after checkout for free, I wish I knew that when I checked in so I would have a different plan for the day. Again, I am very please with my experience with Hilton Garden Inn that I will visit this hotel in my next visit to Philadelphia. Nice hotel, staff, location, price and everything. I hope they keep doing this amazing work in the future.

Dear HRM2014,

We are all very glad to hear about the Excellent experience you and your sister had at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to share this review. It was our pleasure to help you with great recommendations and are so glad you enjoyed our great breakfast and clean rooms. We are looking forward to your return soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Finding a good deal on a hotel located in downtown Philly can be difficult at best. Luckily I found a great deal on the Hilton Garden Inn which was located directly right across from the convention center. The hotel is easily accessed by public transportation and offers parking. During my stay, I used the subway and my two legs for transportation purposes which worked out well with the location.

The location of the hotel is perhaps its biggest draw. One can literally walk a block in be in Chinatown or visit the convention center. The subway stop is only a few blocks away and runs through the downtown area of center city. Market street is also easy to walk to which offers access to a constant stream of cabs. There are wide variety of restaurants including many in Chinatown. A food court is also available at the nearby Reading Terminal building.

The hotel itself was adequate but nothing exceptional. The building was a bit older with older furnishings. The elevators were a little run down and sometimes slow. On the other hand, the staff were very friendly and helpful. There was a meeting room in the lobby along with a small snack room for late night items. The room had a basic bed and desk setup. A fairly good tv was set on a dresser. The view was fairly limited with a small portion of the sky visible. The bathroom was clean and presentable. One great touch was the Kurig coffee maker with free K cups.

One downside to the room was the noise from outside the hallway. Generally I never care about noise but in this instance, every time someone opened another room doom it would rattle mine. It almost sounded like someone was trying to open my room door which was a little disconcerting at times. Perhaps another issue was the heater which was quite noisy.
Beyond these issues, I did find the room otherwise more than adequate for my purposes. The bed was comfortable and there room had a nice desk for working.

The hotel also had an indoor pool, fitness area, and hot tub. These facilities are fairly small but actually were cold during my stay. In the fact the pool area was very cold when exiting the water, making it uncomfortable to sit in a chair for any lengths of time. On the tenth floor is a restaurant and bar which was busy during my stay. In the I opted to go elsewhere for eating.

While the location and service was great, the facilities was a bit average. However, I would stay there again if the price was right.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kenneth E
Hello Kenneth E,
Thanks for sharing your recent experience while staying in Center City Philadelphia. We are all glad that you loved our location, thought our team was very friendly and helpful and enjoyed our new Keurig coffee makers. We are glad you found a good deal staying with us and hope to see you again soon.
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Good service nice room easy to walk to attractions Next to the Reading Market which is an extra bonus.Also close to China Town and Independence Park. We even walked to the Art Museums and the Eastern Penitentiary. Restaurant could be a little less expensive. Very new modern hotel. Would go back in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Howard H,
The entire team is very glad that you and your family enjoyed your trip to the Philadelphia area and especially your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We look forward to seeing you and your family again real soon.