“a Home away from Home”

Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #40 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, in Philly and we were so please with the service. everyone so friendly and cheerful!,it's like they are all hand picked! for excellence! Miss Kim from housekeeping what a super lady made us feel so welcome and Mr,Gene at the 10th,floor Restaurant even though they weren't serving at that time Mr Gene came and made us feel welcome brought us Hot cocoa it was delicious perfect for the freezing weather we were having!, goodman!!.. thank you mr,Gene and everyone on that floor were Super Special!! We will definitely make The Hilton Garden Inn, our home away from home anytime we come to Philly and let me not Forget the BED!!! My Goodness!! it's the Best bed Ever Slept like a Baby!!!, it's been a long time we felt great after a goodnite sleep! I loved it so much! I'm going to purchase one for Home!!...Again thank you Guys!. the Martinos

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Hello soblessed24seven,

Wow, we were all so excited to read your amazing review. Our team especially Kim and Jean are so glad that you shared this wonderful experience and thank you. Our goal is to make you feel extremely welcomed and at home and we are all very pleased that we took such good care of you while staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We hope to see you again real soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,074)

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I received an email from the manager after my visit. Here's my reply:

"Thank you for your note. I stay at Hilton's all over the USA and am a Diamond Member, so I've seen a lot. Your staff is by far some of the best I have encountered. It's obvious that you are ALL very focused on service and an awesome customer experience. Every single staff member was great and very attentive to ensuring my visit was fantastic: the front desk, the restaurant manager, the restaurant staff and the bartender - all fantastic.

Keep up the good work. I had a very enjoyable stay and it's so nice to be treated so kindly when traveling. Business travel takes me away from home and can be hard, but your staff made my stay extra special. "

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Cregan8256,

We all truly appreciate you sharing your excellent experience that you recently had at our hotel. I am glad that you took the time to recognize our restaurant manager, front desk manager, our restaurant and bar tender team members and will make sure to share this directly with the team. As such a frequent traveler we are all so excited that you mentioned our team is by far one of the best you have experienced. We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I have to clarify and state that the staff did as good as they could to accomodate me. Due to heating issues I had to change rooms twice during a four-day stay. The first time was for a room that could not warm above 58 degrees and the second was for a fan motor that was so audible that the receptionist in guest services heard it over the phone. The staff did everything in their power to move me to better rooms each time. I think that this was more of an isolated incident due to the extremely cold weather and am willing to give them another chance the next time I'm in Philadelphia.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Renial A,

Thank you for choosing to be our guest and share your comments. We are so glad to hear the wonderful things you mentioned about our team members as they all try very hard to leave you impressed. We are sorry about the heating system troubles you experienced during this past extreme weather but hope you get a chance to return when the weather improves. Please contact me directly when your plans bring you back so I can make sure the hvac unit is in perfect condition.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

My wife and I were “extremely satisfied” with our experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City this weekend. The room was clean and comfortable and all of the staff members were friendly and helpful. Great value for an central city location - added bonus of being next door to Reading Terminal Market.

Hello MNS56,

It was very nice to read your excellent review of the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. Our team was very glad to have left such a positive impression and we all appreciate your kind words. We hope to see you and your wife again real soon.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Excellent hotel with excellent service. Subway across the street. We recommend a trip through the nearby Reading Terminal Market while you are there for unique food stands but be aware that they close at 6 p.m.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Robin and Greg C,

We are so glad you had the opportunity to visit our hotel and share your excellent review. Our team works very hard to leave such positive impressions and we were very glad to hear about your experience. We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Coming back from Jamaica we had an unexpected delay in Philadelphia.
We stayed at the airport and then moved downtown. Good choice!
Hotel has a great location. Right beside the Reading Market, which is awesome!
Hotel itself, is fine. No complaints.
Young bell hop is exceptional.
Except for the fact that we had no idea when we were getting home, this is a really cool city.
Did the bus tour, bought winter clothes, saw some sights and met some really great people.
I would like to say, I am glad we were storm stayed, but I can't!\
I am glad that we stayed at this Hilton. Highly recommend it.

Hello WildcommonwealthBoy,

Thanks for choosing to be our guest during unexpected stop in Philadelphia due to the storms. We are so glad that you were our guest and shared your excellent review. Thanks for recognizing our bellman and we hope you return again when the weather is better and you can enjoy the amazing attractions our city has to offer.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

narrow high rise by the convention center. was warmly welcomed and had a good night's sleep. we weren't there long enough to do much else. Pool and exercise room closed at 11pm and unfortunately we didn't get settled in room till 11:10 pm. Not sure why, but I was under the impression breakfast was included, it wasn't. The restaurant looked nice, but I didn't have time to go in, was just looking for a quick muffin to grab on the way out. Luckily there were many bakeries and grab and go places on the street.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WWwalker

Hello WWwalker,

Thanks for sharing your very nice review of our hotel. We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your short visit and look forward to you returning again soon.