“Clean, refurbished junior suite”

Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #36 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Clean, refurbished junior suite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Our suite was very comfortable. The mattress was amazing and we had a great nights sleep on it. The bathroom was new and sparkling clean as was the entire suite. It smelled fresh as we entered. The entire staff was very helpful and pleasant.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Hello penelopeg228,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your great experience. We are glad that
suite was very comfortable and that our Sleep Garden adjustable mattress was amazing and provided a great night’s sleep. Thanks for recognizing how sparkling clean your accommodations were and how helpful and pleasant our team was. We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Everything about our stay was wonderful. Reading Market is right next door. Public Transportation is right down the street. Every staff person that we came in contact with were polite, friendly, and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Hello Josephl172,

Thanks for sharing your excellent review. The entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City hotel is extremely proud to have read that everything about your stay was wonderful and that every team member you came in contact with was polite, friendly and helpful. We look forward to seeing you when your plans bring you back in town for business.
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I was in town for a conference located in another hotel. Everything about my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn was pleasant - big room, clean, nice amenities (fridge, microwave, coffee maker). Staff was very nice. Great location for business and fun.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hello Jaya D,

We thank you for taking the time to share your great review of our hotel while you were in town for a conference at another hotel. It was our pleasure that you chose to be our guest. We are very glad that you found our hotel clean, our team very nice and loved our location. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

The family and I were in Philadelphia for a visit. Took some tours and explored some history.
As a Silver HHonors member, I expected a bit of courtesy as I needed to keep my status with the chain. I cannot always reserve with Hilton because they are competing with additional chains I am also a member of. Every experience is different with Hilton, and here comes Philly.
When we arrived downtown, I knew there would be garage parking but couldn't help but notice the sign in the garage entrance that stated 6'3" maximum height. We then drove up to the hotel to unload. Of course, there's a hosts of horns and unruly drivers. At check-in the clerk tells me my reservation has been canceled because my card was declined...How rude !!. I explained the card used for the reservation was from a previous employer and I didn't recognize that, so needless to say, the HHonors deal and hospitality was out the window. I asked why wouldn't they give a courtesy call before canceling a members reservation. The clerk explained it was after 11pm and they ran the card. Maybe they didn't think I was coming. Clerk says not an issue, they can give the same rate for same number of nights. It was a problem for me since I was driving for 4 hrs and didn't want to wait. So I asked about the garage and the 6ft3 situation...Indeed if your vehicle is more than 6'3 you are out of luck. After check in I drove around another 45mins seeking parking when I realized my car does have hydraulics and I was able to squeeze under the bar.
I wasn't particularly impressed with the hotel, as it was in dire need of some serious upgrades. We had the Jr suite, and the bathroom had no heater and no vent, the wall unit wasn't calibrated properly I would assume because it was so old and one of the televisions and its remote was not working correctly. Didn't feel the need to complain about it. The poor girl downstairs was there alone so they were definitely understaffed.
The kids brought their video console but the inputs were disabled on the televisions. They had their Ipads and Ipods as a backup so they were fine. I did sleep very well on the beds and pillows were like clouds, very comfy.
The pool and spa area was OK being that the pool was warm and the spa too. Towels were a rarity and were never brought even after we made several calls to request them. I know we were there for at least 2 hrs. Still no towels. Next time down, I brought towels from the room.
The hotel has a restaurant on the 10th floor. The hotel doesn't have 10 floors. The 1st floor is actually the 7th floor, every floor underneath is the garage. Even with being parked in the hotel garage, there was still traffic, as the convention center traffic also used the hotel garage and there was a auto show event.
Lastly, a strange person came knocking on our door several times @ 2am. The best thing about the hotel was location, the pool and Jacuzzi, and the beds. I would repeat simply because of these three things.

Room Tip: Large SUV, you will not be able to park at the hotel's garage. Ask for an upgraded room. Arriv...
1 Thank rodioCT
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Hello RodioCT,

Thank you for choosing to be our guest. We really appreciate your review as this only helps us to improve. We are so glad that you enjoyed the beds and pillows as they are the adjustable sleep garden beds and provide as you stated a very comfy experience. I will definitely review the reservation concern with my team that you mentioned as we should not have cancelled the reservation especially since we had many available rooms. The attached garage unfortunately is not owned by the hotel and does have height restrictions so we are very sorry about that but ultimately glad you were able to park there. I will discuss with the front desk why alternative garage locations were not offered as there are outdoor facilities very close to the hotel. The next time your back at our hotel, please let us know you would like assistance hooking up your video console as our engineering team will be pleased to do this. I am glad that you would return to our hotel and the next time you’re in town I hope it is during a slower citywide event so there is not as much traffic concerns. When you are back please email me directly so we can make sure that everything about your experience is "good" and we avoid the "bad and the "ugly". I look forward to seeing you again.
Orange, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Great center city location, friendly staff, and surprising lobby and rooms for the money. I will definitely stay here the next time I visit Philadelphia.

Hello whask,
Thank you for choosing to be our guest and for sharing your recent review. We are all so glad you and your family enjoyed the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City so much and found our team to be friendly and our location to be great. We look forward to seeing you again when you back in our area.
DC, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stumbled upon this hotel after another hotel stay in the area fell through. The lobby is clean and modern looking, staff was super helpful, the room was large and comfortable. My kids loved the pool, weight room and jacuzzi. I loved the beautiful breakfast room on the 10th floor with views over the city center and delicious food. The location of the hotel is good - very centrally located in the same building as the Reading Market. It's across the street from the convention center which can be good (convenient) or bad (traffic was bad as an auto show was in full swing). Best of all, the price was right. A little shot of upscale and a really reasonable price.

Hello Katarina B,

We are glad you stumbled upon us and found our hotel to be clean, modern looking and the team to be super friendly. We are so glad you enjoyed our pool, fitness center and jacuzzi as well as our restaurant on the 10th floor. We hope we will see you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We were in town for work. The proximity to Reading Terminal Market and the Convention center may be good for some, but only created problems for us. The parking garage was under constant traffic jam (at $36 a day) and the adjacent streets were constantly full as well. Again this may be appealing to some who are strictly walking to the market and the convention center. The clientele was made up of many families, while all friendly and nice the hallways, pool and public areas were very loud. We attempted to visit and use the hot tub twice and were not able to due to the noise of families. The employees were nothing but friendly, hospitable and very knowledgeable.

If your family is in town for a fun convention I would suggest this hotel. For business, I would say no.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Hello 45Torrez,

Thanks for choosing to be our guest and for sharing your recent review. We were sorry to hear that your business trip was disrupted by our leisure guests that were staying at our hotel as it does appear this was due to the Auto Show in town. Typically our hotel is very accommodating to our business travelers. We hope that you will return again so you can experience a much better visit.