“Amazing Service”

Ranked #37 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Meridianville, Alabama
“Amazing Service”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I would be glad to offer a 10 for the hotel’s cleanliness and service. The restaurant was wonderful; from the kindness of the manager to the gentleman who was your host and the excellent waiter and staff who provided an amazing Philly Steak & Cheese dinner. I will tell you that the gentleman who waited on us also provided a to - go Diet Coke without me asking.
Next time I’m in Philadelphia and have a need to stay close to where my business meeting was at I will return to your hotel.
KMW

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Paula C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Thanks for sharing your excellent review. The entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City hotel is extremely proud to have read that everything about your stay was wonderful and that the restaurant team took such great care of you. We look forward to seeing you when your plans bring you back in town for business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Andover, MA
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel is well located in center city near public transit, restaurants etc. Hotel itself just so-so. Bed was quite uncomfortable, room rather spartan. Hotel configuration, adjacent room set-up resulted in hearing every door close and conversation in the rooms on either side of us. Not sure I'd stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
I am sorry about your so-so time at our hotel. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve the experience in the room for our future guests. I apologize for any issues you had and hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality service and accommodations you deserve should you return to our area in the future.
New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Booked an extra day due to storm warnings, planned to spend bonus morning reading in the room. We got to our STINKY room.Gag. They immediately sprayed some worse smelling stuff. There was no reading chair/ ottoman in our room. The front desk girl said all rooms were like that! Hmmm. Too tired to argue. Woke up next morning and began begging for a chair 8am and sometime after noon they finally brought one. By then I had gotten worked up into a tizzy, been delivered a dirty conference room chair (no thanks) and missed breakfast trying to get a damned chair. What the heck? I even asked for a different room if they would not bring me a chair I would go to a chair! The beds were comfy, the bathroom was so clean that the tun was blindingly white. I kept turning the heat down due to a constant fan noise that kept me awake. I eventually figured out it was outside venting of some sort. If you have trouble sleeping stay away from end rooms facing the parking garage. Three nights of restless sleep. Don't even get me started on the restaurant service...

Room Tip: Room 975 exceptionally noisy. I would avoid all rooms at that end facing garage if I dared venture h...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank madgardener55
I am sorry about your poor experience at our hotel. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who is unhelpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and restaurant team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for any issues you had and hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality service and accommodations you deserve should you return to our area in the future.
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Checked in around 7pm but had a horrible time finding the parking garage. Check in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly and polite. Had a great dinner at the restaurant on the 10th floor. One of the best meals we've had in a long time. After dinner we returned to our room to learn that the TV that was located on the side of the room with the couch only got 4 or 5 channels. The other TV which was on the side with the bed worked fine but I could.not use it without keeping my wife awake. Then around 11 ish we kept hearing chairs being dragged across the floor. This went on for a good hour. The next morning the noise started again. We learned that our room was right below the restaurant. The hotel is a little older but very clean and I would stay here again as long as my room was not under the restaurant.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I am very glad to hear that the staff took good care of you and the restaurant impressed so much! I would like to apologize for the noise experienced due to the location of your guest room. Please be sure to call me directly when you are returning to the property so I can be sure your room is located in a quieter area. Thank you again for letting us know about your experience. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve for our guests.
Lyndonville, VT, United States
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Going to the Philadelphia Flower Show? This is THE place to be! Great location, within a block of the entrance. And the Reading Terminal Market is just a few steps outside the door. The hotel staff was phenomenal, rooms are great, and there is a restaurant on-site for convenience. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. A friend and I recently went there for the Flower Show....I will never book a hotel other than this one for that event in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for sharing your excellent review. The entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City hotel is extremely proud to have read that everything about your stay was wonderful and that you will continue to choose us when staying over for the Flower Show. We look forward to seeing you next year, if not sooner!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here recently on a business trip and found the hotel to be very nice, quiet and well-kept. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient and the rooms were clean, well furnished and comfortable. It's got all the perks of a well-run Garden Inn.

The access to nearby business and Reading Market didn't hurt either!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
We thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We are very glad you enjoyed mentioned our hotel was clean and comfortable and that the staff was friendly. The entire team looks forward to seeing you again when your plans bring you back to our area.
Seymour, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I booked the Hotel as I normally do , then i get a call from a client in the morning I was to take off for Philly so I ran around canceling reservations. Keep in mind I have been a Hilton Diamond member for about 9 years.
I called the hotel and cancelled the reservations but they told me that I would have to pay a penalty of 1 days stay because i didnt cancel the hotel 24 hrs prior to stay. I do have to admit that in the fine print it does say this but was always waked because of being a Diamond Honors member.
So I suggest you not stay in this Hotel unless your plans are 100% locked in with no chance of change.
I travel and stay in hotels in excess of 150-200 days a year and am VERY miffed, However I will choose to NEVER stay there again and recommend that my company and friends do the same

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ron B
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry our cancellation policy did not meet your needs. Your comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. We hope you will consider staying with us again if you return to the area.