“Overall Satisfied”

Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #39 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The only thing I was disappointed in was that I thought there was a complimentary continental breakfast but there wasn't. They did have a breakfast buffet for 15.99, but I really only wanted a bagel and juice. This is a great place to stay if you are going to the convention center. Reading Market is right there also, as is the center of town. There is a 24 hour Wawa right across the street for late night snacks or that breakfast bagel. Definitely would recommend to travellers.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Nancy U
Paula C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

We thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and are sorry the breakfast option was not to your needs. We do appreciate you recommending us to other travellers and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean and are equipped with a refrigerator. The restaurant is incredible. The staff is friendly, the cook is speedy and precious, the food choices are wonderful and the environment is inviting, calm, and very clean. The location is great! next to the market that houses many different eateries. And China Town is a block or two away.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We thank you for taking the time to share your Excellent experience you had at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We are very glad you enjoyed the restaurant so much and that the staf was attentive to your needs. The entire team looks forward to seeing you again when your plans bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed here while visiting family in town and were quite surprised how enjoyable the stay was. The location is within steps of the Reading market which had amazing food and could have supplied us with hours of entertainment, no one was brave enough to eat the chocolate covered onion though. We booked the rate with parking included which took the stress out of worrying about parking. The hotel is within walking distance of several great locations to visit, we did the Liberty Bell, Chinatown, LOVE park, and shopping. We ended up using the room as an afternoon resting area while traveling across the city with our family as it was always right near to everything we wanted to do. The front desk or concierge were always helpful with great suggestions or having a taxi for us right as we needed it. The restaurant on the top floor had excellent views and was great for relaxing as a group at night. The pool is small but was not busy. My only two minor annoyances was the housekeeping staff always wanted to get into the room while we were on our afternoon break so we missed service some days. The front desk was great though on our requests when we got back to the room at night and the back of the TV feel off while we were sleeping one night. Scared us, but made for some funny stories the next morning. When we come back to the area we will definitely stay here again and my family now recommends whenever family comes into town to visit.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bluefpink

Thanks for sharing your review. The entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City hotel is extremely proud to have read that everything about your stay was wonderful and that every team member you came in contact with was helpful. We look forward to seeing you when your plans bring you back in town for business.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I can put up with an overpriced breakfast, bad local recommendations from a manager, my thermostat falling off the wall when you touch it, and a poor restaurant hostess, but to stumble out of one's room in the morning going for coffe and instead running a gauntlet of construction men, removed wallpaper, and debris throughout the hallway is unacceptable. Once I maneuvered the chaos, I heard a manager say the hotel was booked to capacity. Really? Halls where construction work is occurring should be closed and rooms should not be rented to unsuspecting guests. Poorly done, Hilton. I plan to be in Philly again, but I will make a point to not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank KJHUSA

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology. for the construction going on while you were a guest. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve for our future guests. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

we stayed at the Hilton Garden in for 7 nights as part of an unfortunate trip to the Wills eye hospital to have a cancerous tumor treated and removed. We arrived scared and short on patience and sleep and the folks here at the hilton blew us away. From the cookies upon check-in to the free wi-fi it was clear from check-in that the staff aimed to please and in spite of the fact that we were far from home they did their best to make us feel comfortable and at ease. When my mom called multiple times for various issues with our room, a stuck thermostat, a room phone that woudn't call, engineers arrived promptly and had the problems fixed within the hour. I work in a chain hotel so I know the kind of commitment to customer service this takes when you're dealing with floors upon floors of complaining guests. The engineers were curteous and efficient. When I made it back to the hotel post surgery the following day, the kind and gregarious restaurant supervisor, Tom Bonfiglio broke open the kitchen to make me something to eat even though it was between meal periods. In the following days Danny and Chamran at the front desk were unfailingly polite in helping my mother get around the city while I was bedridden, and our cleaning lady stopped by daily, not only to replenish toiletries but to personally check that I was doing alright. We went down to breakfast the morning after my surgery where I was ran off by some young children who were loudly pointing and staring at the large bandage over half my face. I left in tears to my room, all of which was noticed by our banquet server Eric. He had had limited interaction with us, just an "would you like oj or coffee" dialogue but it didn't stop him from buying me a get well card adressed to "a strong woman" which he hand delivered to our room after he didn't see me at breakfast the next morning. That card, signed simply "your server Eric" gave me more courage and comfort than half of the emails/cards/candy/and flowers I had gotten from friends and family back home. I was truly touched that he would go to such lengths for a mere stranger. As I read the negative reviews left by some of the other guests it seems they must've been in a completely different place. Sure my TV didn't have a hookup for my mom's ipad but the hotel was clean, efficient, professional, and filled at every corner with some of the most genuine caring individuals I have ever had the privilege of working with in the service industry. If ever I am asked my advice on where to stay in Philadelphia, my unequivocal answer will be the Hilton Garden Inn on Arch street, where the spirit of brotherly love is represented daily by the wonderful people that help make your stay feel like home

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

We thank you for taking the time to share your Excellent experience you hadat the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay even though you were not here for the best reasons. Thank you for recognizing Tom, Chamran, Danny and Eric as we are happy they were so helpful and left such a positive impression to be mentioned. The entire team looks forward to seeing you again when your plans bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The location is great, about a half a block from the Convention Center entrance. The manager was very friendly and attentive. However, the hotel has no 24-hour coffee/tea station and no free breakfast. :( We had to call down for creamers, which took over an hour to be delivered. :(

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Judi B

Thanks for sharing your review. I am very glad to hear that the manager was attentive to your needs. I would like to apologize for the delay in delivering the creamers to your room. We hope you will consider staying with us again if you return to the area.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Amenities and service was very good. Location is in a very busy area with parking extra in the ramp next door. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Sales Manager had a reception with free drinks and appetizers. Breakfast was excellent, eggs to order, fresh fruit, meats.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for sharing your comments in this review. I am happy to hear that our amenities and serice were very good for you and I love hearing that breakfast was excellent! We look forward to seeing you when your plans bring you back in town for business.