“Great Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #37 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here with my daughter while looking at colleges in the area. First parking: The only parking available is a self park garage for $35 per night. Not bad for the center of the city, but make sure you not only remember the numbered section but the color also (Blue level 4, Red level 4) The hotel lobby is spacious and clean.. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only negative is the elevators are slooow! Real slow.Hotel had a pool but only 3 1/2 feet deep. I stayed in a Jr suite and the room was terrific. Very clean updated and spacious. Very comfortable bed. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Paula C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thanks for sharing your excellent review. The entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City hotel is extremely proud to have read that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to seeing you when your plans bring you back in town for business.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The HIlton Garden Inn Center City Philadelphia, PA was acceptable. There were definitely pluses and minuses, which lands it a solid 3 star rating. If pressed, I may be inclined to give it a 3.5. To summarize:

Plus:
+ Great location. Adjacent to Reading Market, and within walking distance to most anything you want to explore in downtown Philadelphia.
+ Pleasant business center, with good computers and free printers.
+ Free ice water, with strawberries/orange slices on the 10th floor. Don't underestimate the value of having chilled water, when traveling.

Minus:
- Staff was hit or miss. Some were terrific, and friendly. Some were subpar.
- Hotel was louder than desired, in part because of the great location. Buses, car horns etc. noise filtered in, even on the top most floor.
- Bed was uncomfortable. It was clearly an older bed as the middle of the bed sagged. Overall, the hotel could benefit from a nice update.

Pro tip: This Hilton offers a bonus 500 HHonors points for Philadelphia trivia. Just ask at the front desk!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

We thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We are very glad you enjoyed the location and amenities offered at the property. We will be sure to look into the mattress in your room in order to make the stay more comfortable for future guests. Thank you again for sharing your feedback! The entire team looks forward to seeing you again when your plans bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Perfect location and wonderful staff! I highly recommend this hotel for it's cleanliness and location. The rooms are very nice, with microwaves and refrigerators. I also appreciate the complimentary wi-fi. We were steps away from the Convention Center and the Market.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Paula C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Debra,
Thanks for sharing your excellent review. The entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City hotel is extremely proud to have read that everyone was wonderful to you and the location was ideal for your needs. We look forward to seeing you when your plans bring you back in town for business.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The front desk staff were great. The room was clean. Great location. Exactly what I expected except for a couple of things, which kept me from giving it 5 stars.

1. Travelocity has it listed as having a complimentary breakfast, which actually was the reason I chose this hotel instead of another around the corner. They offer breakfast but it's not cheap and, if I'm paying, I'd rather venture out and get something unique to Philly.

2. We checked in early on a Sat evening. Tired and hungry we had planned on having dinner at the hotel's top floor restaurant. There was a wedding there but the front desk said they were still serving a full menu at in a smaller "salon". When we walked in the 3 wait staff looked at us as if we were crashing the party (there weren't any customers in the place). We stood there looking at them and them looking at us. Never offered to seat us...just stared. Very strange. Instead we walked around the corner to Hard Rock and had a great dinner. It was just an awkward situation!

3. Unable to order a movie the first night. Probably not the hotel's fault and they sent someone up immediately when we called, but he couldn't fix it.

4. Very slow check-in. At 4 pm on a Sat ( check in time) they only had 2 people at the front desk.

Seriously, it was a good experience...just a few nits that bring down the overall score.

Almost forgot! When I dropped the hair dryer and broke it, there was a replacement at the door within 5 minutes. Ok, I'll give them a bonus 1/2 star for that. : )

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank thatcherc2

We thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We are very glad you felt the staff was great and the room was clean. I am very sorry about the misleading information on Travelocity's website. We have reached out to them to correct this error. I would also like to apologize for the lack of service by the restaurant staff and the slow check in you experienced. These are definitely not our standard service expectations and I apologize you had to experience this. Again thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. The entire team looks forward to seeing you again when your plans bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Quick one night stay in April 2014: Despite arriving late, was welcomed on arrival by the friendly folks at the desk. We played Philadelphia trivia for an additional 500 HHonors points!

Don't pay the upgrade for a higher room...the hotel already occupies floors 7-10 only, so every floor is essentially a "high" floor. I ended up in a nice room, King bed facing South (i think) with a great sitting area including a couch. It was definitely more room than I expected.

It's in the middle of Chinatown, so there are lots of fun places to eat near by as well as a couple of bars. Bar Ly across the street offered a huge selection of craft beers and sports on the TV.

Concierge was helpful in getting us some places to go and we were able to easily walk most of downtown from here. Lots of cabs in the morning to whisk us away to meetings...For the price, I don't know why you'd stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for sharing your excellent review. The entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City hotel is extremely proud to have read that everything about your stay was wonderful. I am so glad to hear you were able to play Philly Trivia for bonus points. The staff at our Front Desk loves when the guests take time to play trivia with them! Thank you again for taking the time to give your feedback. We look forward to seeing you when your plans bring you back in town for business.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

While this motel is centrally located to the Reading Market, Chinatown, and the PA Convention Center, it is still a motel. They charged between $290 and $320 a night and for all that you get paper cups for water and coffee, a very expensive breakfast, and construction in the hallways. I have never paid for breakfast at a Hilton Garden Inn before, especially being a Hilton Honors member. They are cheap, too, not putting out the usual cookies when there are big crowds here, no lobby coffee, and keeping the restrooms in the public lobby locked, I guess so the riff-raff can't get in. In the room I had at the start of the week, I had to call in maintenance to clean out the nasty drain, and in the second one, the toilet seat was so loose I had to tighten it myself, and the tub filler is half an inch from the wall, meaning it is pouring water down the inside of walls anytime one showers.In both rooms, we ran out of basics like toilet paper and tissues. It is clear that while some staff here put on a facade of helpfulness, others just don't care.

I would not stay here again--for that price, I expect value added and stellar service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Docljo

I am sorry about your poor experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Center City. I can assure you that these inconsistencies you experienced are not standard. We strive to ensure our team members know how much we value your business as a Hilton Honors Member and we do try to make sure all guests are happy with their stay. I apologize for any issues you had and hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality service and accommodations you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

My family joined me while I attended a conference. The lobby was nice and the staff was friendly enough. The kids enjoyed the pool. The rooms were dated. The sofa bed was so uncomfortable and sloped downward so much, the kids preferred to sleep on the floor over the sofa bed. We are loyal Hilton members and we will not stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank momof3FtWright

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I am very happy to hear that the location was convenient for you when you were in town and that your kids could enjoy the pool while you attended the conference. I am very sorry that the sofa bed was so uncomfortable for your children. As a loyal Hilton Member I would love if you would give us another chance to show you that this is not the standard for our property. If you find your plans bringing you back to the Philadelphia area please contact me directly so I can accommodate you in an upgraded room for this inconvenience you experienced. Please feel free to contact me sooner if you wish as well! Warm Regards,
Paula Curran