“Decent hotel for quick visit to the City”

Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
Ranked #37 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Decent hotel for quick visit to the City”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My friends & I decided to plan an overnight stay in the city. We were able to get 2 rooms next to each other both with 2 queen beds and a pull out couch. This hotel is very close to The Reading Terminal & train station and reasonably priced.

My husband & I stayed again at this hotel on our own and for being return guests, we got money vouchers to use in the snack shop. This was a huge plus for late night munchies.

Would def come back & def rec this place to others!

Stayed September 2013
Paula C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
We are pleased to hear to you have returned to our hotel with a friend and had a wonderful stay with your stay. with the location of our property it makes it convenient for guest such as yourself to find all the best local attractions which are within walking distance. We hope to see you again soon and hope that you have the same great experience as you had with your past stay,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Chennai, India
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I checked into Hilton Garden Inn Philly, the stay was comfortable. The location was excellent being in down town, it was well connected with my place of business just across the street. Preferred food was also available close by.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Paula C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
We thank you for taking the time to share the excellent experience you had at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City! We really look forward on seeing you in the future and hope that your stay is just as great as your recent one.
Longboat Key, FL
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here during her eye surgery. It is a great location, is clean, well furnished, and the staff is wonderful! Many restaurants nearby, plus Macy's is within walking distance. The restaurant on the 10th floor is good, too. Everyone,from the housekeeping staff to the front desk could not have been nicer.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LizzyG34
Paula C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
We thank you for taking the time to share your excellent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City! We are very glad our hotel was clean and comfortable during your stay. The entire team looks forward to seeing you again when your plans bring you back to our area.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Trip to the US with the family included stop overs in Pittsburgh, Washington and Philadelphia before returning home. Hotel appeared nice from website and TripAdvisor reviews, but we were not impressed when first arrived. We took a walk to see the Liberty Bell and quickly discovered this was not the best area of town. We were not pleased with the location and decided to checkout early, as my daughter was not comfortable. Hotel tried to impose an early checkout fee, which was argued by myself as none of this was disclosed during our reservation....in the end the manager waived the fee, but not without a bit of a fight. Generally pleased with Hilton properties but I would not stay at this location. Most of the hotels seemed to be near the City Hall - if you need to stay in Philly would recommend a hotel near that location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve the safety of our guests. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

If you're looking for a centrally located hotel in Philadelphia that is moderately priced, the Hilton Garden Inn comes highly recommended. Within an easy walk to lots of shopping, the marketplace, the Liberty Bell, the convention center, and other attractions, the Hilton Garden Inn has a staff that is friendly and eager to please. For a center city location, rooms are reasonably priced, clean, well appointed and the free wifi is always appreciated. I thought the lobby could use a little updating and renovation and it looked like that process was getting ready to start. There was a pool and fitness center available, but since my stay was short, I did not avail myself of these services. Beware, however, that parking is extremely expensive. I don't believe the hotel owns the attached parking garage. I was charged $ 36 for less than 24 hours which I thought was a little steep. Other than the parking, I was very pleased with my stay at the Philadelphia Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was in Philadelphia for a night this past Fourth of July weekend and could not have asked for a better experience. First, the location is beyond convenient and gave us easy access to just about anywhere in Philly. Second, Danny the front desk manager and his staff made sure from check-in to check-out that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay; we could not have asked for better customer service. Last but certainly not least, the breakfast on Sunday morning was excellent as well. All the food was fresh and the staff on hand were super friendly. I will definitely be returning to this property asap!

Room Tip: Suggest the top floor for easy access to breakfast in the morning!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thanks for sharing your excellent review! The entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City hotel is extremely proud to have read that everything about your stay was wonderful and that every team member you came in contact with was polite, friendly and helpful. Thank you for recognizing Danny and the front desk team as well. We look forward to seeing you when your plans bring you back into Philadelphia!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We thank you for taking the time to share your excellent experience you had at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We are very glad you enjoyed our location, free wifi and mentioned our hotel was clean. Thank you for recognizing the staff’s friendliness. The entire team looks forward to seeing you again when your plans bring you back to our area.