“Awesome”

Ranked #12 of 463 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Hands-on museum where adults and children can learn and explore together. The museum is open Monday-Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sundays 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Admission is $17 for adults and children age one and over. Children under one are free.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Went with my 17-month old son. We had a blast! This place is so gorgeously well maintained with lots of great hands-on activities for kids 0-6. Beats anything I've seen in NYC. Can;t wait to go back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,182)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"fairmount park"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

A great place for kids younger than 10. Adults do have fun too! A little expensive and would look for coupon. A good solid 2 hours of fun. We went on a Friday at 2pm and it was empty. Had the whole place almost all to ourselves. Staff was friendly and helpful. Clean and organized. The Alice and Wonderland section was the best.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

To start, this is one of the best interactive kids museums I have seen across the country.

What really knocked it home for us was the service. When my two year old splashed himself in the water area, a staff member not only offered him a dry shirt, but laundered his wet t shirt. This was all done without a complaint or request on our end.

Needless- we are now season pass holders not only because of the attraction, but because of the people they employ.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The kids can just touch all kinds of things that normally we would shudder at them touching, ex. a bulldozer. Would you let you child run a crane? Here they can and many more things to do. They can be a mechanic for a day or they can go shopping in a real supermarket. A great way to spend the day with the kids.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 May 2014

"Thank you Daddy for bringing me to this special place" (my 5 year old).
I stumbled across this place while searching on-line for attractions in Philly as an add-on to my trip to Sesame Place - and after some research on-line - and experiencing it myself for the 1st time - definitely a "must visit" if you have young kids (less than 9) . It is located in a quiet area (Fairmount Park).. very close to Philly Zoo (which I didn't visit but will next time)...in a nice historical building (that doesnt look old at all)...I went on a Sunday and there were plenty of street parking (they have a $8 lot too.) but it looked safe enough - so I opt to go free. I'm a New Yorker..so I've been to a number of children's museum...and this is by far the best so far - in terms of SPACE for kids...and adults. Even with a crowd - there was plenty to go around for everyone (no scuffle between kids). Usually I find that parents have to stay within reachable distance at other children's museum - to resolve conflicts and sharing issues... Not here. Hence, most of parents including myself - either got a chance to play and interact with their kids...OR just supervised nearby (and let the kids play without interruption) ... or chillded on benches (as my wife did). Two floors of attraction. The place and stuff were well-maintained - and plenty of staff that were very polite and helpful (and smiles to your child). There was a nice cafeteria - didnt purchase food - but there were other basic stuff that was at reasonable price. Plenty of bathrooms - that were all decorated and clean - so you never had to hike across the museum to look for one - or ever felt like you left the museum at all when your little ones had to take care of some business. My only need for improvement was the water sensory area...My 2 year old loves playing with water ...but just like most of her young comrades....the water tables were not catered towards their height. So I would recommend them to provide some stools. Price of admission was $17 (a bit high if you have a large family) - but there are some discount coupons available on-line ie. frugalphilly ...that gives you a $2 discount. I guess you get what you pay for...and at the end... it was worth the $58 I paid for my family of 4... I stayed all the way to 5pm... they had to politely remind me .. the museum is closed. I would definitely go back on my next visit to Philly - maybe earlier this time so they dont have to kick me out. =)

1  Thank Kris123Nyc