“the best of the best”

Neighbourhood: University City
West Haven, Connecticut
“the best of the best”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

If you skip this restaurant, you missing out heavenly food.
They cook and you enjoy!
the best of the best!

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Amy W

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“A great experience”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I'd never had authentic african cuisine before, so I have nothing to compare this to, but it was wonderful! Didn't think I'd be into the fried plantaines, but boy was I wrong - yum!! The chicken Yasa was amazing, however I recommend getting the dinner size, as the lunch portion just wasn't enough for me. Our server was so sweet and helped us pick out our meals. The ervice was very good. The only downside to this restaurant is it's location.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Laura K
“I love this place.”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I love this place, the first time going there was great I find myself going the almost once a week. The atmosphere is right the customer service is right and the food is right.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank RellWattz
philadelphia
“Homestyle Exotic cooking in a casual African atmosphere”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I have never been to Senegal. but have eaten homemade Senegalese meals. This place makes stuff like your mom would if she were an EXCELLENT home cook. Spices and sauces are exotic, but not unfamiliar. A must try app is the meat patties (still shining with oil from the deep fryer, HOT and spicy. The Grilled Tilapia I had appeared whole (including the head) and was quite succulent, but not particularly filling. Fortunately, my wife's half Senegalese chicken was more than she could eat, so with the help of my huge order of red fried rice, I went home full. Daughter was not so adventuresome, so beef Brochette suited her just fine (along with a huge order of plantains.)

Service was very friendly and English is spoken well (though French is appreciated.) When we went the TV was on to a soccer game, and lots of local French-speaking Africans were cheering on their respective teams.

This is no doubt the kind of experience you would have a continent away, right in a convenient West-Phila strip shopping center (with free parking.) It's small, so try a slightly off-hour, Service takes the amount of time cooked to order takes, so order a delicious Ginger Juice and be patient. You will be rewarded.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank jan_klincewicz
Orlando, Florida, United States
“I need a Kilimanjaro in my town”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I went to Kilimanjaro with my family this weekend and I had an excellent diner. My Philly family members go here weekly and have been for years. The facility is beautifully decorated and atmosphere is perfect for families or couples. The food is halal which was great although I ended up ordering the fish. The portions size are more than enough to satisfy a hungry man. We had couscous(a sweet sticky kind that taste much different from the usual Moroccan types) a samosa type appetizer, veggies, fish, lamb, ibiscus/bessop(which is just the same as Caribbean sorrel) and the ginger drink(again very similar to Caribbean style). I tried a bit of everything on the table and all I have to say is I can wait to go back to Philly. Peace and Blessing Kilimanjaro.

• Visited September 2012