I stayed five nights while attending a convention. The rooms were large and comfortable and obviously recently renovated. For example, this is the first time that I've had a RFID door key. Noise is a bit of a problem because the hotel is in a strange location between the interstate and the Delaware River. I used my earplugs to block out the traffic noise that is loud even in the middle of the night. The free breakfast was better than average with several hot dishes and fresh fruit. This breakfast was almost a requirement for staying because very few restaurants are located within the immediate vicinity so that breakfast would have been hard to find otherwise. The hotel includes a free shuttle which I didn't use because I'm an avid walker. The Old Downtown sites (Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, etc.) are quite close though convention center is about a 30 minute walk. The staff was friendly enough. The "free high-speed Internet" was quite slow though adequate for most tasks and reliable enough during my stay.
I might like a better location and a quieter room, but I'd stay here again if the price were right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy free breakfast and Wi-Fi while being directly across from Penn's Landing Waterfront area. The hotel is ideally located for guests looking to be close to the Historic Area, Center City, Pennsylvania Convention Center, and all local sports and concert facilities. Self-parking is available on-site at $25 per night, including in and out privileges. Guests must provide a credit card at check in. Come visit the Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penn's Landing to experience the softer side of Philadelphia. Located waterfront in Penn's Landing, our location is a perfect central point for visitors coming to see the historical landmarks including the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and many other popular attractions. Our hotel is located within walking distance to a variety of shopping and restaurants, City Hall, the PA Convention Center, the Visitor's Center and South Street. Whether you are here for shopping, exploring, business or a doctor's appointment, the Holiday Inn Express is designed for travelers who require the latest in comfort. Stay connected with our free high-speed internet service. Our free Express Start Breakfast is served daily in our modern breakfast area offering a stunning fireplace in our adjacent lobby seating area. The Holiday Inn Express is convenient to many public transportation resources that can get you to anywhere you want to go. The subway located at 2nd and Market is a short walk away and can get you to and from the Amtrak 30th Street Station or into South Philly to Citizens Bank Park, The Lincoln Financial Park and The Wells Fargo Center. If you are coming to Philadelphia for a concert or event over at the Susquehanna Bank Center or the New Jersey waterfront attractions, simply take a ride on the RiverLink Ferry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Nozio Netplan srl, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Downtown/Historic Area Hotel Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Hotel Downtown Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Comfort Inn