Corner room was modern and spacious.
Hotel is within walking distance of Olde Towne, downtown and the river.
The hotel is beside a freeway. Rooms facing the freeway are very noisy, even with the fan on. Bring earplugs.
Front desk staff were neither friendly nor welcoming (at checkin or checkout) - granted this could have been because of the snowstorm, which would make anyone grumpy. On checkin, I asked the front desk clerk if she would add my IHG Rewards number to the reservation and she assured me she would; this was not done.
I stayed there for 3 nights. On the first day, my room was not vacuumed and the bathroom not cleaned (all housekeeping did was make the bed and exchange towels). On the second day, I received no housekeeping at all. When I went down to the front desk and asked what was going on, I was told that for stays of more than one night, they will make the bed and change towels but it is up to the housekeeper to decide whether to do anything more than that. (For the record, I am the kind of person who "tidies up for the maid" and always leaves a tip, so this was pretty frustrating.) There was no apology at all from the front desk person for this oversight nor, on the day I received no housekeeping, any offer to send up clean towels. (I did receive a sincere apology from the Head of Housekeeping when I talked with her the following day.)
I'm not a hard guy to impress and I don't expect you to bend over backwards, but I do ask for an apology if you screwed up. This is one of the few hotels I've stayed at where I wouldn't want to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy free breakfast and Wi-Fi while being directly across from Penn's Landing Waterfront area. The hotel is ideally located for guests looking to be close to the Historic Area, Center City, Pennsylvania Convention Center, and all local sports and concert facilities. Self-parking is available on-site at $25 per night, including in and out privileges. Guests must provide a credit card at check in. Come visit the Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penn's Landing to experience the softer side of Philadelphia. Located waterfront in Penn's Landing, our location is a perfect central point for visitors coming to see the historical landmarks including the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and many other popular attractions. Our hotel is located within walking distance to a variety of shopping and restaurants, City Hall, the PA Convention Center, the Visitor's Center and South Street. Whether you are here for shopping, exploring, business or a doctor's appointment, the Holiday Inn Express is designed for travelers who require the latest in comfort. Stay connected with our free high-speed internet service. Our free Express Start Breakfast is served daily in our modern breakfast area offering a stunning fireplace in our adjacent lobby seating area. The Holiday Inn Express is convenient to many public transportation resources that can get you to anywhere you want to go. The subway located at 2nd and Market is a short walk away and can get you to and from the Amtrak 30th Street Station or into South Philly to Citizens Bank Park, The Lincoln Financial Park and The Wells Fargo Center. If you are coming to Philadelphia for a concert or event over at the Susquehanna Bank Center or the New Jersey waterfront attractions, simply take a ride on the RiverLink Ferry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Downtown/Historic Area Hotel Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Hotel Downtown Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Comfort Inn