“What Happened To This Place???”
Review of Headhouse Square

Philadelphia 27-Stop Double Decker Tour Full-Day Pass
Houston, Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“What Happened To This Place???”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We recently went to Philly/South Jersey on a vacation & went down to the Headhouse Square/New Market area. We parked on the road & walked around & I was shocked at how little was still there!

There used to be great restaurants & shops & things to do, but now...almost nothing!

I know I'm dating myself, but the old buildings that used to house New Market ARE COMPLETELY GONE! There's a huge open field that you can see right down to I-95 where the building were! I know New Market hasn't been around IN YEARS, (It was soooo cool back in the day!), but the whole area is lousy! South Street was lacking it's old appeal & Headhouse Square is just boring!

To top it all off, my old hang out, David Mann Audio, is now a CVS!!!

Time sure has taken this place down!!

Visited July 2013
5 Thank Peter K

Worcester, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fun night at Headhouse Square”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

So many restaurants and attractions to see. Fun to be in part of old city with cobblestone streets and historic buildings. Parking took a little time but if you manage the one way streets you can usually find a spot and they are using the new kiosk that give you a ticket stub for your car. Parking only cost us 5.00 for a few hours. Also close to south street and penns landing so there is a lot to do! Crowds are polite on the streets although they get a little rowdy later in the night. Felt very safe.

Visited April 2012