“Awesome Meat, Different Bread”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of John's Roast Pork

John's Roast Pork
Ranked #36 of 4,341 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Meat, Different Bread”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is the best cheesesteak meat I've ever had, and I was born in Philly. The bread was artisinal, and hard to get used to, but really good! NOW I know why they keep appearing at the top of the yearly list. Weird hours, cash only, seperate lines for cheesesteak and pork, but staff is nice. No whiz here!

• Visited November 2013

Claymont, Delaware
“Yummmmmm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Always drove by this place, decided to finally try it and I loved it. Had the roast pork, it was delicious. Got the small and could have shared it. Fries good too. Will try the cheese steak next time. They take cash only.

Smithtown, New York
“Get the cheesesteak!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Maneuvering through the streets of Philly is an adventure unto itself. Ordering at John's Roast Pork is no exception. It was a bit confusing placing our orders. There are two different lines, one for cheesesteaks, the other for roast beef or roast pork. Unfortunately, being newbies, no one told us of such. Instead of taking our order all at once, (ordering for 7 people) they had us order one at a time. Somehow, we ended up with an extra cheesesteak.

Take my advice and order the cheesesteak; the pork, John's is supposedly famous for, was bland. I should have listened to the local when he dispensed the same information as my family and I were perusing the outdoor menu. Skip the pork, get the cheesesteak!

The venue is old and tiny with no inside seating. It was chilly out, but we had fun sitting on the picnic benches trying out the food. Lots of locals here since it is off the beaten track and the food is very reasonably priced.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank susi37
Staten Island, New York
“Best Hoagie In Philly, Sorry Geno and Pat's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

If your in Philadelphia and want the "Best" cheese steak in Philadelphia, forget Geno's and Pat's, just a mile away, John's Roast Pork has them beat! However, their roast pork sandwich that gives them their name, is more flavorful and twice the size. John's has more selection and of toppings and cheeses as well as deli meats to custom make your sandwich. I haven't tried their breakfast sandwich yet, but the sign says "voted the best in Philadelphia". I'll never eat anywhere else in PA again.

Visited October 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Bland”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

I got the chicken parm sandwich and my party got tge pork, cheesesteak and vegetarian and due to the reviews im thinking its gonna taste like heaven but it was so bland and I tried the other sandwiches to see if it was just my sandwich but nope they were all the same way lol ide rather go yo steves prince of steaks or chickies n petes but I totally was not impressed for all the hype or

Been to John's Roast Pork? Share your experiences!