“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighbourhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Neighbourhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The famous Roast Pork Sandwich left alot to be desired. It barely had a taste and the bread was soggy. Customer service isn't too great either. Plenty of other sandwich shops in Philly....I don't get the hype.

1  Thank Steve S

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Friends told us about this place. We are normally a Danics roast pork lover. The staff is friendly. We were lucky it happened to be unseasonably warm in Feb, because we sat outside on the picnic tables. I think this is the BEST roast pork sandwich I've ever had!

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

You always want your first to be special and John's roast pork didn't let me down. Cash only and seating outside gives you an idea of the place. What they lack in atmosphere they totally make up in a great cheesesteak. There will always be a debate on the best cheesesteak sandwich in Philly but I don't see how you can go wrong by trying out the place.

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were driving thru Philly and decided to stop for some cheese steaks. Based on the reviews I decided to get the roast pork while my wife got the cheese steak. Both were excellent. I haven't tried any other place in Philadelphia for cheese steaks but these were so good I don't think I want to.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Had the rost pork sandwich and it was excellent. the small sandwich was actually large enough to be shared. I will try the cheese steak next time. it's cash only. it's noisy and crowded but all that can be ignored if you're there for a great sandwich. if the atmosphere was a little "tamer" I would have said it's perfect.

Been to John's Roast Pork? Share your experiences!