“Great Hidden Gem”

Fireman's Hall
Ranked #49 of 469 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: No
Owner description: Stop by this small (and free!) museum on your walking tour of Philadelphia. Staffed by actual firemen, Firemans Hall exhibits artifacts, such as leather buckets and fire marks, once and sometimes still used to fight city fires.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I looked for the Fireman's Hall because it was featured in the free things to do in Philly section. What a wonderful muesum. The old fire trucks were works of art, the 9-11 display was very moving and the firemen were wonderful to talk will. While it is free, please consider making a donation before leaving to keep this attraction availble to future guests.

1  Thank twiceblessed9
in 31 reviews
"memorabilia"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I've been a firefighter officially since I was 16 (explorer) Professionally since I was 22 and at heart all my life. While there is no admission fee they do accept cash donations in a box just inside the door. I only wish I had had more cash on me at the time I arrived. This place was awe-inspiring. The 9/11 display took my breath away and gave me chills. The whole place is packed with fire related stuff dating back as far as the Ben Franklin days. Yes Ben Franklin was a fire fighter in the city of Philadelphia. All firefighters should check this place out it is amazing. I spent almost 2 hours here and left feeling like I could do it all again. Like I didn't see it all. Thank you to the City of Philadelphia firefighter volunteers that keep this place going day to day.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a great little museum. Adults and children alike can enjoy this museum. This is one of many free things to do in Philadelphia. It's got a cool old fire truck and is staffed by retired Philadelphia Firefighters which makes it that much more authentic. It's in a beautiful area in the city and close to Elfreth's Alley. I've been visiting this fire station since I was a child, I even got locked in during a museum tour with two other kids when the firefighter's got called out. So this museum brings back plenty of memories for me. Well worth the visit!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Nice place to see the history of the Fire Service starting with Ben Franklin. The Philly FD Guys there were great and very informative. Great for families!