“Great Vegan Breakfast/Brunch Spot”
Review of MiLah Vegetarian Restaurant - CLOSED

MiLah Vegetarian Restaurant
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City Center West
Cross street: 16th Street between Walnut and Locust
Transit: SEPTA and PATCO.
Description: Mi Lah Vegetarian opened its door in October 2008 and proudly serves local, seasonal vegetables, forward vegetarian and vegan food. "Mi Lah" originates from the Indian Buddhist (Maitreya) word that denotes nature, harmony, happiness, kindness, and mercy and we strive to embody these principles through our work. We aim to fill the need for healthy, whole and delicious vegetarian cuisine in our neighbourhood as well as to be a friendly and active members of our community. Our menu features fruits and vegetables from local farms instead of heavy sauce and substitutions. We use the finest and freshest ingredients to offer an international array of dishes fit to impress the most sophisticated vegetarian palate.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

They have an impressive weekend Brunch Menu with enough variety to satisfy every palate. I highly recommend the Corn Masa Cakes with salsa! Delicious!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just stumbled into this little restaurant and am so glad I did.
Each dish had its own fabulous flavor.
I ordered the sweet pea ravioli- yum.
I also order the zucchini seitan with perfectly steamed veggies and yummy mashed potatoes.
My mouth is still watering.
The restaurant was clean and the service was super friendly.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

What an absolute find! If you are a vegetarian (or just plain interested in good food) then I really would recommend this place. As a veggie of over 20 years I have had bad and good experiences of vegetarian restaurants and this is one of the best. Portions are generous and fresh. No room even for dessert!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stopped in on a biz trip through Philly. The place was crowded (always a good sign). I was surprised at the different items on the menu from most other Thai restaurants I've visited.

The food was delicious, satisfying and affordable. The service was prompt and friendly.

Definitely worth going there multiple times.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

To enter this intimate restaurant, find the unassuming awning on the west side of 16th Street, on the second block south of Walnut. The downstairs has only a few tables and no pretense. The menu is unconventional; inventive without being contrived. We soon lost ourselves in the meal, enjoying both the food and the conversation. I had a dish with a delicate cashew sauce. I spent my eating time avidly sopping it up with one or another of the other fresh and gently sweetened items on the plate.

1  Thank indoorcampers