Le Meridien Philadelphia
  • Bar/Lounge
The Windsor Suites(Philadelphia)
  • Room Service
1,408 results
All reviewscity hallymca buildinglove parkconvention centersliding doorlobby barvalet parkingmodern hotelfront desk staffreading terminal marketfew blockscentral locationenjoyed my stayflower showking bedupon checkrittenhouse square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed one night - got the hotel via Priceline for $86/night. Great deal as regular rate was like $179. Got to the hotel about 12:30 pm, no problem checking into our double/double room. When you first enter the hotel, you are in the bar area, which feels a bit odd, but reception is right around the bend to the left. Rooms are SUPER nice. Amazingly comfortable beds, LCD TV, nice bathrooms, clean...exactly what you'd expect from a hotel of this caliber. Had drinks and apps in hotel lobby bar - service a little slow. Nice atmosphere - except every time someone opens the door, you get a huge, cold blast of air. Lobby itself is beautiful and modern. No pool, but read there is a fitness center, but did not utilize. Slept great on those comfy beds. Concierge was great, got us quick reservations at Rouge for dinner. Had breakfast in the hotel restaurant in the morning - Amuse. Sophisicated atmosphere, good food. Pricey, but not insanely so and to be expected. I liked the location - right across from LOVE park, convenient to Rittenhouse, Midtown, etc... I would recommend this hotel more for adults than children. And I'd return without question.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for a relaxing weekend get-a-way with a friend. I booked the hotel on Hotwire so I got a great deal! The staff were all VERY friendly, which means a lot. When we checked in to our room, we found that BOTH beds had been broken (Unfortunately it seems that it may have been due to an exciting Valentine's Day weekend just before we stayed)!! One call to the front desk had us moved and they gave us complimentary room service breakfast for the next morning which came to the room in record time. Breakfast was delicious, but it is a bit costly, so we would not have had it otherwise. From the guys at the front door, to the man who came to inspect the broken beds, everyone was so accommodating and friendly.

The hotel is so centrally located. If I stayed here in during nice weather, I could have walked everywhere I wanted to go. The hotel is a block away from City Hall, which also means just blocks away from any kind of meal you could possibly desire and shopping that could appeal to anyone. Valet parking was pretty expensive so we decided to drive around a bit for parking and found a garage that charged $5.00 per night on the weekend. The valet was $38. Valet included going in and out and the $5.00 garage did not allow for that, but it was still very much worth the savings. The garage was a few blocks away off of 15th and Spring Street. One thing I did notice is that there are many people in the neighborhood who loiter and ask for spare change. But there weren't any in front of the hotel. The Le Meridien does a great job of keeping the hotel safe with valet workers watching the front and having to use the room key to access the room floors on the elevator. Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank shop4fun
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Over the past 2 to 3 years - I have come to love the city of Philadelphia. This is my 1st stay at the Meridien and boy did it meet my expectations. Just like the previous reviewer - I got the exact same deal through priceline and stayed here over the long weekend.My girlfriend and I drove down from Toronto for the long weekend and since this was her first time in Philadelphia she we both had high expectations.

The hotel was beautiful. The lobby was modern and very comfortable - I felt like I was staying in a condo rather than a hotel. There was a bar and a restaurant in the lobby, and the check in staff were extremely friendly. As I mentioned before, I booked the hotel through priceline but called in to make a request for a king bed. The staff took my SPG number and gladly put me up on the 10th floor (which is the highest floor) with a great view of the city.

The room was clean, modern, and had all the amenities we needed. There was a LCD TV, a safe, and a minibar. The washroom was really clean, and my girlfriend and I really liked the shower (with a glass door) which is different from other hotels. The bed was really comfortable and the pillows were so soft - I felt like I was at home. The cleaning staff always had a smile on their face and were extremely accomodating.

I used the gym all 3 nights I was here and like previous reviewers mentioned - it is very basic and I would have expected a lot more from a 4 star hotel. However the weights and treadmills were enough to help keep my exercise routine.

The biggest positive of this hotel is the location. It is smack in the middle of city hall and close to everything. The majority of the tourist attractions are within a walking distance and there are many restaurants within a few minutes. There is a Mcdonalds right next door for breakfast or late night snacks and the hotel is right across from JFK plaza.

A few negatives of the hotel include: no free internet in the rooms, expensive parking (you can park overnight at any of the parking garages in the area and will cost you less than $17 a night), no fridge in the room just a mini bar. The staff in general were exceptional - except for one staff at the front her name was Hannah. She seemed sad and was upset when I asked her for a late checkout.

In all this hotel made our visit to Philadelphia a trip to remember. It is on the expensive side but if the hotel gave me a better rate or I got the same rate as I did on priceline - I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the high floors (if not possible - get a room NOT on the 5th floor as that is where the gym is), away from the elevators and facing the city.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gliu25
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I go into the city a few times a year. This was our first time staying at Le Meridien. I always go through Priceline to book rooms in Philly and this was another excellent deal for $70. I believe the hotel was full on this Saturday evening. For stays of more than one night we usually take the train, but we opted for the valet at $38 for the night. The staff working the front door and valet were courteous and helpful. Although I got the room on Priceline, we are Starwood preferred guests and they honored my request of a king room on a high floor.

Things didn't start off so good. The original king room we were given on the 10th floor was already occupied with someone's stuff. Thankfully no one was in the room upon entering. This turned out to be a blessing as our second room on the 10th floor (also the highest) was in the front of the building and gave us fantastic views of city hall and downtown. The staff was very accommodating and somewhat embarrassed they first gave us an occupied room.

The room including the furniture was modern and relaxing. The king bed was comfortable and sleeping was quiet. I liked the shower with the glass door. The water pressure was good with plenty of hot water. It helps to have the shower head up high so taller folks won't be inconvenienced. We didn't touch the mini bar as we brought some stuff with us. Again the view was great and shows the brilliant architecture of city hall and the surrounding buildings.

The hotel lobby is also modern looking and one does enter into the bar area to reach the check-in desk. The business center and exercise room are on the 5th floor, which is the bottom floor of a large atrium within the hotel. The gym was kind of small for a 4-star hotel, but looked more than adequate for a workout. We didn’t bring a laptop so didn’t need internet access.

Many have commented on the location of this hotel. We found it to be perfectly safe walking to and from the hotel. It can’t be any closer to city hall and downtown. The area was bustling for a Saturday evening. The restaurants were packed, as was The Capital Grille where we ate. After, we felt at ease walking to the Walnut Street Theater and then back to the hotel at 11pm. I won't take chances and just use common sense when visiting downtown. I suggest walking through city hall getting to south Broad Street or east Market Street. It gives one a different look of the architecture from the courtyard inside. I would go during the day or early evening as city hall gets gated off at nighttime.

I’ll be more than happy to get this hotel again on Priceline.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the building give nice views of City Hall and downtown.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I can't really complain. It is in a weird spot and I really di not even know it was there and have lived in Philly most of my life but it is very nice inside,
The views aren't so hot due to where it is situated . but if you are into decor this is a sweet spot very spacious room, and friendly concierge cute little bar downstairs. I guess my only complaint if i had to fish for one is that it takes like 25 minutes to get your car it says but we got it quicker and that I left something there called lost and found and no one ever answers or returns your voice mails,,, but all good otherwise

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends