“Barb S”

Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ranked #25 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Very nice clean rooms, very quiet. Great location for us. We stayed in Rooms 815 and 817. They did not have a good view--we looked at a parking lot and roof top. However, they were the most quiet rooms we have ever stayed in. We asked for late checkout in Room 815 and they were very accommodating at the front desk. Very friendly staff. The breakfast was excellent at the restaurant in the lobby. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our rooms 815 and 817 were really quiet. I am a light sleeper and slept well.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I generally like Le Meridiens and usually you get a pretty good experience in these. Same applies to this Hotel, I had a suite, which really the only complaint was the bed which was too soft to my liking. Nice bar downstairs, never tried the restaurant or breakfast, so can not comment.
Gym was tiny and old fashioned for US standards, they do offer a bigger external gym next door at the price of 10 USD.
Walking distance to Rittenhouse square etc. about 20 min.
Overall recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We just returned from a weekend trip. The people at the hotel were nice and helpful. What hurt the experience was housekeeping's efforts. When we arrived, the room was clean but the coffee was open and used and a can of food and the $3 bottle of water were missing. We told the front desk on our way out to dinner and she had it straightened out right away and even offered comp drinks. We didn't take advantage of that, but it was appreciated. As promised, we weren't charged for the used items.

Other than that, we were happy with the room. The bed was extremely comfortable and we got some much needed rest and sleep. Oddly the tv is off to the side so you can't really sit in bed and watch tv. Instead, the bed faced the windows.

The wait staff at the bar was really attentive - right down to noticing my drink & getting me a slice of apple for my apple martini.

Next door is a diner called Food on First, which has really good priced breakfasts that were really tasty. They were very attentive as well and checked in with us several times, they were friendly and I would go back there.

As others have mentioned, the area is a little sketchy especially the people who hang out at the corner of the block by the bar. There are some beggars around and I wouldn't have felt comfortable walking around by myself at night.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed at the hotel for a wedding. The rooms were nice and clean, the staff was friendly. The hotel decor is nice and modern. The only complaint is that there is no pool, I traveled with 2 kids and they would have enjoyed it. This is a nice hotel for couples and/or adults. Would not recommend if you're traveling with kids.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2012

we travel to Philadelphia often. Was the most beautiful hotel that we have stayed in. we are Spg preffered guests and used spg points for our stay. We loved our room but were unhapy with our view. We expressed our optinion but was told the the city view was not available. The valets and bellhops were outstanding. Valet parking a little high at 38 per night. Just wished mgmt gave us a better view. The hotel did not seem that crowded. Don't know if because we used points to pay for room we didn't get a Better view.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed one night - got the hotel via Priceline for $86/night. Great deal as regular rate was like $179. Got to the hotel about 12:30 pm, no problem checking into our double/double room. When you first enter the hotel, you are in the bar area, which feels a bit odd, but reception is right around the bend to the left. Rooms are SUPER nice. Amazingly comfortable beds, LCD TV, nice bathrooms, clean...exactly what you'd expect from a hotel of this caliber. Had drinks and apps in hotel lobby bar - service a little slow. Nice atmosphere - except every time someone opens the door, you get a huge, cold blast of air. Lobby itself is beautiful and modern. No pool, but read there is a fitness center, but did not utilize. Slept great on those comfy beds. Concierge was great, got us quick reservations at Rouge for dinner. Had breakfast in the hotel restaurant in the morning - Amuse. Sophisicated atmosphere, good food. Pricey, but not insanely so and to be expected. I liked the location - right across from LOVE park, convenient to Rittenhouse, Midtown, etc... I would recommend this hotel more for adults than children. And I'd return without question.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for a relaxing weekend get-a-way with a friend. I booked the hotel on Hotwire so I got a great deal! The staff were all VERY friendly, which means a lot. When we checked in to our room, we found that BOTH beds had been broken (Unfortunately it seems that it may have been due to an exciting Valentine's Day weekend just before we stayed)!! One call to the front desk had us moved and they gave us complimentary room service breakfast for the next morning which came to the room in record time. Breakfast was delicious, but it is a bit costly, so we would not have had it otherwise. From the guys at the front door, to the man who came to inspect the broken beds, everyone was so accommodating and friendly.

The hotel is so centrally located. If I stayed here in during nice weather, I could have walked everywhere I wanted to go. The hotel is a block away from City Hall, which also means just blocks away from any kind of meal you could possibly desire and shopping that could appeal to anyone. Valet parking was pretty expensive so we decided to drive around a bit for parking and found a garage that charged $5.00 per night on the weekend. The valet was $38. Valet included going in and out and the $5.00 garage did not allow for that, but it was still very much worth the savings. The garage was a few blocks away off of 15th and Spring Street. One thing I did notice is that there are many people in the neighborhood who loiter and ask for spare change. But there weren't any in front of the hotel. The Le Meridien does a great job of keeping the hotel safe with valet workers watching the front and having to use the room key to access the room floors on the elevator. Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends