“Good location”

Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ranked #25 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was my first stay at Le Meridien i found the room clean with a nice scent but nothing special about the room, it was a good size room but seemed very sterile for my liking,

Pros, Its located in the down town area so everything is walking distance.
Pro the gym area was basic with a few treadmill and and free wights but it was clean
Pro the bar and lobby area are very welcoming so if you dont feel like going outside having a few drinks would work out just fine at the hotel area
Pro the oddly located business area in the center area of the hotel on the 5fl floor is pretty cool with a view of the skylight
Pro i found the door man and the staff very friendly

Con's parking if your going to use the hotels parking its going to cost you over 40$ but thier is a lot around the corner so if you make a right on 16th ave and make another right you would find a lot with more forgiving prices.
Con's bathroom area is cheap looking does not have smooth flow
Con's rooms have small windows, personally i like large windows to let the day light or night in

The hotel was clean, easy to get to, and the staff was friendly

Room Tip: If your not part of starwoods join for free, it lets you have free wifi and maybe a room upgrade
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Yaroslav,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is always helpful to get the pro’s and con’s, allow us to focus on doing more of what we do great and improving some others.

I’m delighted you enjoyed our clean room, great walking location and welcoming lobby bar. Your comments about the parking are a reality of hotels in Center City. Thank you for offering the TA community a traveler tip that less expensive self-parking alternatives exist. Our staff are available to provide directions to one of those lots (please note their rates change frequently) while unloading your travel bags.

I appreciate your business and hope we have the opportunity to serve you again!

Happy Holidays
Evan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I'm one who generally finds the glass half full, but I was astonished at how this hotel consistently failed to meet any average expectations. Generally, you can trust the Meridian and Starwood brand, however my stay lacked good amenities and proper customer service. The location of hotel in downtown Philadelphia, near convention center and shops/restaurants on Chestnut and Walnut streets were the sole positive notes.

In summary, my room was extremely small, a mere concrete box with no natural light. Guest services lacked any enthusiasm for the hospitality industry and the front of house team made my checkout seem like a dreadful chore. At least the employees at the door were very friendly and went out of their way to help us get a taxi on a busy Friday.

Room Tip: If you want your room pitch black and quiet, aim for a room along interior core. if you want some n...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Carlos,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Allow me to apologize that it did not meet your expectations. It is unusual that we get comments like yours and I would greatly appreciate you contacting me with your date of stay and room number so I can investigate our missed opportunities.

I do hope you would consider our hotel again so that we can demonstrate our commitment to excellent service and hospitality.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip and the hotel overall was nice. The food and service in the restaurant and bar were great too. The bed was comfortable.

I was a little disappointed with my room, the hotel didn't seem full and I wasn't given an upgrade (even though I'm SPG Gold) I had a view of the car park and I could hear kids screaming at 6;30am from next door.

Other than that it is a nice hotel. Only tip I have is the check-in counter is to the left of the bar and around the corner. It's a bit confusing when you first enter straight into the bar.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel was beautiful from the second you arrive. The outside doors are beautiful and open like your a king or queen. The inside is nothing less than beautiful as well, very modern and the front desk was quick and painless. The hotel is right near a farmers market, capital, liberty bell and a few great bars down the road. In the middle of alhe tourist things you would want to experience in a city full of history. Would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is a very beautiful hotel. The architecture is amazing here. It’s a renovated building with old architecture with modern décor.

After lugging luggage up the steps since there wasn’t a ramp, the first thing I saw was the bar and seating all around. It was nice because it was happy hour, and the prices were pretty good.

Check in took a while since there was only one person at the desk, but once it was my turn it was a breeze.

Our room was 1008, located at the back of the hotel, which had a nice view of the top of the art museum. The room was pretty small, but I was amazed by the design. The bed was comfy, the desk was decent, and the bathroom was well apportioned. The only downside of the room was that the Wi-Fi was so slow that I couldn’t connect.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

BoysInNY,

A 5 STAR review from such a frequent traveler is always appreciated! Add the headline, “Great Service and a Beautiful Hotel” and we are really flattered! Thank you for recognizing the great architecture and design. I also appreciate the room number, as it will allow me to now run a WiFi test in that room, as we typically offer some of the best connection speeds in town.

I hope to host you again when you return to Philadelphia!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Always love to stay in a historical building and this is among one of the best i have ever stayed. Nice location with wonderful staff with a cozy lobby. Feel like you are at home. Being assigned to a room on the SPG floor as SPG member status. Don't forget to try out Amuse, the dining restaurant there. Attentive staff with wonderful food served. Best choice to stay at Philly!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

In town for a convention and as always looked for the highest end SPG hotel, which is Le Meridien in Philly. This is an interesting concept: a YMCA turned into a high-end hotel, but that comes at a price. The lobby area is small, with very little space to sit and relax. The bar takes up a fair amount of room, but isn't a comfortable place to lounge. There is no coffee available in the morning, and the neighborhood doesn't lend itself to running out for a cup. As a consequence of the small lobby area, you are forced to relax in the room, and the rooms are relatively small. We were on the 5th floor, which has a fair amount of traffic.

A few small things: we were awakened during the night one night with vacuuming outside of our door. The sink in the bathroom is poorly engineered, and even washing your hands results in splashing water all over the room. The TV choices didn't even include the channel that the 76ers play on. Finally, on Sunday, our room wasn't made up until after 2:30, despite the fact that we were out for about four hours.

Room Tip: Avoid the fifth floor, and ask if your room has an out-facing window. Apparently, some rooms open o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business