“Really nice hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco, California
“Really nice hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

After my experience in NYC (see previous review), I was prepared for the worst.
What I got was realllllly nice.
This property is very lovely. Right in the heart of downtown, near Rittenhouse, and the Comcast building and yes, you can see the Rocky museum up ahead.

The interior or the rooms is modern, but the brick work as you enter, in the lobby, is wonderful.
Really. They did a nice job!

The ONLY thing I would say about this place is that they charge for coffee.
For real.
You had to order room service. You could not just go down to the lobby and grab a cup.
Why?
Come on now Meridien...even my crappy Sheraton up in NYC allowed me free coffee. Fix that one.

Other than that, I really enjoyed this stay and will more than likely stay there again.
(Unless I find a place that serves coffee:) )
Because of that

Green Features: I select the Eco-green option every time. I opted for the points so that they didn't have to come in and wash linens every day. Come on now.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
MBB

Thank you for the 5 STAR review! Coming from a veteran traveler and reviewer, your comments are much appreciated.

I am glad you enjoyed our location close to everything: Rittenhouse, Comcast and of course the iconic Rocky statue just up the parkway at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.

As for the coffee, your feedback is appreciated. Amuse features and serves Illy Coffee, globally recognized as some of the finest coffee available. I hope you had the opportunity to taste some, as it is incredible. Of course we also have complimentary coffee and coffee makers in each guest room should you prefer your java the privacy of your own room.

Thank you for the compliments on the interior of our rooms!

I hope to share a cup of Illy Coffee with you on your next visit,
Evan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Worcester, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We recently staying at Le Meridien in Philadelphia for 2 nights, wish we had stayed longer to be honest. This hotel is superb. We were a little nervous about staying here at it didn't show up in any guides or recommendations but on getting to the hotel and having a very good check-in experience, we were delighted with our choice. The room we had was very nice, well equipped, and being on the back of the building, was fairly quite. With plenty to see in Philly, the hotel is ideally placed so that walking to all of the main sights and attractions doesn't take long. All in all, a great experience

Room Tip: We had a room on the back of the building so away from the main road out front
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
JuSlaughter,

Thank you for the FIVE STAR review and great comments! I hope your next journey across the Atlantic will allow you to stay with us for more than a couple of days.

Wishing you safe travels,
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was my first stay at Le Meridien i found the room clean with a nice scent but nothing special about the room, it was a good size room but seemed very sterile for my liking,

Pros, Its located in the down town area so everything is walking distance.
Pro the gym area was basic with a few treadmill and and free wights but it was clean
Pro the bar and lobby area are very welcoming so if you dont feel like going outside having a few drinks would work out just fine at the hotel area
Pro the oddly located business area in the center area of the hotel on the 5fl floor is pretty cool with a view of the skylight
Pro i found the door man and the staff very friendly

Con's parking if your going to use the hotels parking its going to cost you over 40$ but thier is a lot around the corner so if you make a right on 16th ave and make another right you would find a lot with more forgiving prices.
Con's bathroom area is cheap looking does not have smooth flow
Con's rooms have small windows, personally i like large windows to let the day light or night in

The hotel was clean, easy to get to, and the staff was friendly

Room Tip: If your not part of starwoods join for free, it lets you have free wifi and maybe a room upgrade
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Yaroslav,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is always helpful to get the pro’s and con’s, allow us to focus on doing more of what we do great and improving some others.

I’m delighted you enjoyed our clean room, great walking location and welcoming lobby bar. Your comments about the parking are a reality of hotels in Center City. Thank you for offering the TA community a traveler tip that less expensive self-parking alternatives exist. Our staff are available to provide directions to one of those lots (please note their rates change frequently) while unloading your travel bags.

I appreciate your business and hope we have the opportunity to serve you again!

Happy Holidays
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I'm one who generally finds the glass half full, but I was astonished at how this hotel consistently failed to meet any average expectations. Generally, you can trust the Meridian and Starwood brand, however my stay lacked good amenities and proper customer service. The location of hotel in downtown Philadelphia, near convention center and shops/restaurants on Chestnut and Walnut streets were the sole positive notes.

In summary, my room was extremely small, a mere concrete box with no natural light. Guest services lacked any enthusiasm for the hospitality industry and the front of house team made my checkout seem like a dreadful chore. At least the employees at the door were very friendly and went out of their way to help us get a taxi on a busy Friday.

Room Tip: If you want your room pitch black and quiet, aim for a room along interior core. if you want some n...
Green Features: the hotel did offer a special points program for guests who wanted to skip their regular room clean. i thought this was a good trade-off for those who really aren't using room for much more than to sleep and get ready for business.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Carlos,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Allow me to apologize that it did not meet your expectations. It is unusual that we get comments like yours and I would greatly appreciate you contacting me with your date of stay and room number so I can investigate our missed opportunities.

I do hope you would consider our hotel again so that we can demonstrate our commitment to excellent service and hospitality.

Respectfully,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip and the hotel overall was nice. The food and service in the restaurant and bar were great too. The bed was comfortable.

I was a little disappointed with my room, the hotel didn't seem full and I wasn't given an upgrade (even though I'm SPG Gold) I had a view of the car park and I could hear kids screaming at 6;30am from next door.

Other than that it is a nice hotel. Only tip I have is the check-in counter is to the left of the bar and around the corner. It's a bit confusing when you first enter straight into the bar.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel was beautiful from the second you arrive. The outside doors are beautiful and open like your a king or queen. The inside is nothing less than beautiful as well, very modern and the front desk was quick and painless. The hotel is right near a farmers market, capital, liberty bell and a few great bars down the road. In the middle of alhe tourist things you would want to experience in a city full of history. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is a very beautiful hotel. The architecture is amazing here. It’s a renovated building with old architecture with modern décor.

After lugging luggage up the steps since there wasn’t a ramp, the first thing I saw was the bar and seating all around. It was nice because it was happy hour, and the prices were pretty good.

Check in took a while since there was only one person at the desk, but once it was my turn it was a breeze.

Our room was 1008, located at the back of the hotel, which had a nice view of the top of the art museum. The room was pretty small, but I was amazed by the design. The bed was comfy, the desk was decent, and the bathroom was well apportioned. The only downside of the room was that the Wi-Fi was so slow that I couldn’t connect.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
BoysInNY,

A 5 STAR review from such a frequent traveler is always appreciated! Add the headline, “Great Service and a Beautiful Hotel” and we are really flattered! Thank you for recognizing the great architecture and design. I also appreciate the room number, as it will allow me to now run a WiFi test in that room, as we typically offer some of the best connection speeds in town.

I hope to host you again when you return to Philadelphia!