“Efficient and pleasant with a French feel”

Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ranked #25 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My son and I stayed at the Meridien for a quick trip to the Franklin Institute and the Barnes. It is well-located just a few blocks from all of the great food at the Reading Terminal and walking distance to both museums. Some of the design choices in the room seem to be more about "look" than "function" and the interior rooms can get to feel a bit claustrophobic since you wouldn't keep the shade up. But overall, it was a very pleasant stay -- comfortable beds -- and the reception area and bellmen were very helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get an exterior room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,364)

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed at the Le Meridien for business in Feburary. Hotel is in a beautiful building with modern feel. Rooms clean and beds very comfortable. Lobby has a nice warm fireplace! Really enjoyed my stay. Lovely, friendly staff who were very helpful. Luxury hotel but reasonable priced. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

NJMeeting Director,

Thank you for the great review. Judging from your screen name, I assume you are an experienced and sophisticated traveler, making the comments even more appreciated.

We work very hard to provide a luxurious, yet unpretentious visit in a hospitable and modern style.

Your business is appreciated and I hope we can serve you again in the near future.
Safe travels,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Had an excellent stay in room 545. We asked for a room on a higher floor per the travel tips on this site and were told no more were available. About 15 minutes later we saw someone else check into a higher floor. Chock that up to booking via a cheap third party. The very friendly receptionist did however suggest an outward facing room. We had views of both City Hall and Love Park. Totally picturesque.

There was quite a line at check-in but it moved swiftly. All of the staff was super courteous and polite for the length of our stay. Definitely 5 star service and cleanliness. The lobby smells like a dream!

Per the tips on this site, we parked at the garage on 15th and Arch so I can't speak to the efficiency of the valets. However, I would like to clarify that wifi was free for the first 24 hours and there is an Ethernet cable in all rooms for laptops. There's also a complimentary water.

The only thing that prevented me from giving a perfect score was location. It is certainly a safe and relatively quiet area on weekends but there aren't many attractions in the immediate area. Then again, we went when the city was covered in ice so perhaps in warmer months the walk is pleasant.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne H
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stay In hotels very regularly. At least a couple nights a month. The ritz Carlton, Sofitel, lowes, and the W hotel just to name a few, but none of them have ever made our visit special enough to write a review. Much less write a review during our stay! The decor is warm but modern. The interior to the rooms is very unique. The beds are extremely comfortable. The room gets cold (since I can't sleep in warm rooms) and is very dark when you want it to be. The location is wonderful, walking distance to all of the amazing restaurants in philadelphia. But what sealed the deal was a wonderful complimentary platter of treats and a bottle of champagne delivered to our door. I love when customer service goes above and beyond. Best hotel out of the ritz, lowes, and Sofitel in philadelphia so far :)

• Stayed: February 2014

Dandelion,

I can’t thank you enough for the ultimate SIX STAR compliment! More importantly I’m delighted to hear you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Our beds are the best and I’m glad you got to enjoy your night’s sleep.

I appreciate your feedback and our associates will be thrilled with 6th star.

Wishing you frequent luxurious weekends!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

DO NO EVER STAY HERE. I stayed for one night and within an hour of being at the hotel the valet crashed my car. I received no apology. It has been a month since the accident and the hotel or their insurance company has not agreed to pay! It is ridiculous! This hotel is mismanaged and Starwood hotel group should be ashamed to try and get away with not paying for the damages they caused when they crashed my car. Don't believe me? Look up the police report online. An officer of the 9th precinct took the report and it occurred on January 18th 2014. Save yourself from a nightmare and headache and do not ever stay here!

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Achethal
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Achethal,

Please allow me to apologize that this has taken so long and that you remain frustrated with the resolution process. Since filing the accident report, our valet provider has continually assured you they would take care of the process. In this case, it is just moving slow, coordinating three insurance companies and a police report in need of clarification.

I have asked our valet company to do everything possible to expedite the repairs to your vehicle. Please do contact me directly if I can be of any service.

Evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com

Again, I apologize that you had to endure inconvenience of the wait.

Regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is a clean and crisp hotel in the center of downtown Philly. It's a bit lacking in character - it's not in a "quaint" neighborhood by any means - but it is clean with stylish rooms and beautiful views of the Philadelphia city hall building.

My only complaints are of the design of the public spaces - the lobby is a beautiful space but has been junked up with amateur art and knick-knacks. It doesn't exude luxury. At all. Also, to get to your room, you need to pass through an interior courtyard that looked and felt exactly like one of those Embassy Suite motels at an airport. I expected more from Le Meridien.

The service was on-point and efficient but not particularly warm or memorable.

Room Tip: REQUEST A CITY VIEW - or else you might get stuck looking out on the interior courtyard.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Love the charming character of this hotel, which I believe used to be a YMCA. It's great how they've preserved the brick facade of the exterior of the old building and made it an interior courtyard. The lobby bar always has a good bartender and great whiskey drinks. Amuse is my favorite restaurant in Philly (Steak Frites!) and the view of City Hall can't be beat!

Room Tip: The suites are great, as are the Superior rooms which are almost as big.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Zephyr

Thank you for the FIVE STAR review. I am grateful you enjoyed our restoration of this historic building and turning it into a great hotel. Thanks for the bar and restaurant compliments, you are right the Steak Frites are incredible.

Hope to serve you again.

Regards,