“Nice hotel, friendly staff”

Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ranked #26 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Morrisville, PA
“Nice hotel, friendly staff”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I've stayed at another Le Meridien which was a luxurious 5-star hotel so I was expecting much more from this one. It was a nice hotel but the small lobby is plain and not that impressive. Our first room had a heavy bleach smell but the staff were very accommodating with quickly finding us another room. The rooms are average but we did enjoy the comfortable bed and pillows. It was also very quiet for being in the city. The location is good and close to City Hall and the Reading Terminal which is always fun to visit. Valet parking is expensive but service was very good. I wouldn't pay top rates to stay here but would still recommend.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on one of the top floors that faces outside instead of the inner brick walls.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This was a nice hotel, but not top-of-the-line re: service. We did not get maid service because we told housekeeping we needed 2 more minutes before we would leave.

Pros: Nice lobby and good food at the bar. The shower head was quite high (good if you're tall). Water pressure was OK. I loved that the staff recommended the market a few blocks away - it was fun and good.

Cons: No tub (which was fine for me).

Room Tip: We were on 8 - above the atrium. It was confusing as it looked like the elevator was opening to out...
1 Thank kadels_s
NJ
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Staff was always helpful and friendly, particularly Elizabeth, at the front desk, who went to a lot of effort to solve a heating malfunction at a very late hour. Breakfast in Le Amuse Restaurant was beautifully done.

Room Tip: Ask for a glimpse of City Hall.
United States
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed for the night while attending a show and visiting family in the city. The hotel is very modern and service was very good. You do walk into a bar area as previously mentioned which is a little odd. We did have to look around for a few seconds to find where the check-in desk was. FYI-it's to the left when you walk in. There does seem to be someone standing at all locations of the hotel to help out if you need assistance. Service is their top priority there. Check-in was smooth, check-out was done on the TV in the room. Valet parking is $48. The service was very quick for a weekend and the valet's were very courteous. The rooms were a nice size for the two of us. They had flat screens, king beds were comfortable, room was clean & quiet. Our view overlooked a roof and a parking lot. The bathroom had a walk in shower which could have used an additional shelf as it only had one soap dish in it. That probably is the only minor flaw that I found. It was a great stay. Very attractive property.
Didn't eat here or use the bar or anything else. We were too busy being out and about.
Very close to many attractions by foot or a short cab ride away from other areas of the city.

1 Thank sunny45
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This hotel is located near city hall in downtown Philly, which is a fairly convenient location to some of the hot-spots in the city. Every time I've stayed at this hotel, I'm impressed with the remodel of the historic building and the attention to detail and quality feel of the finishes. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are very quiet in my experience. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JamGolf3
Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stopped here for a bite to eat since it was near the Convention Center in Philadelphia and also not far from the train station. I caught a train that evening but I wished I would have stayed here after experiencing fantastic service from the staff at this hotel. EVERYONE was great. Our waitress was fantastic even though I knew she was tending bar, waiting on tables and seemed extremel busy. I don't know how she did it-wonder woman. But the star of the show was Misha who was manning the desk. My cell phone was dead and I had my eticket for my train trip on my phone. I panicked since I had to catch my train shortly. MIsha found a charger for me while I finished my meal and charged my phone so it would be ready by the time I left. Then, when I offered her a tip for her time (she was also terribly busy) she turned it down. Wow! I hope this manager realizes what a great staff he/she has. From the pleasant and helpful doorman to waitresses, bartenders, and receptionists, you couldn't find a more helpful and friendly bunch of people. And I only ate dinner there, I didn't even stay the night! Thanks for your help and fantastic service. I will look for Le Meridian as I travel from now on after such wonderful service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

As a Starwood gold member you usually get a few perks. Not so here. If not a SPG follower then no complaints. Room is small but not too small. Clean, wireless speed not blinding fast but not sluggish. Very quiet and a comfortable bed. Staff was helpful, restaurant a bit pricy but a notch up from the usual hotel fare. Location is perfect. Near convention center and museums plus train station is a $10 cab away even with the cabbie taking the most indirect route possible.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple