Le Meridien Philadelphia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown(Philadelphia)
US$230
US$207
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$266
US$213
Loews Hotels
1,410 results
All reviewscity hallymca buildinglove parkconvention centersliding doorlobby barvalet parkingmodern hotelfront desk staffreading terminal marketfew blockscentral locationenjoyed my stayflower showking bedupon checkrittenhouse square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The hotel staff is extremely nice and helpful, and the hotel itself is beautiful, but my room left a bit to be desired. It was very well appointed, but I never felt like it was completely clean- not even on check in. The shower had some obvious mildew and the entire room had bit of a musty smell. I'd probably stay again, but not my first choice for Philly.

Room Tip: Rooms on 6th floor require a key card to get to, so I think they're a little quieter/more secure
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Shannon,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and extremely nice staff. I apologize that the shower was not properly cared for. Your comments will help us improve our guest experience for everyone. I do hope you will return to our hotel, we would like to earn your business.

Have a great spring,

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Le Meridien is a bit more expensive than the nearby SPG hotels like Sheraton Downtown and Sheraton Society Hill but its worth it. I faced some difficulties with this hotel with my reserved rate suddenly increasing on the date of check-in but the duty manager Salaah patiently worked to resolve it. Now, when we checked-in, this hotel along with all other hotels in the vicinity was sold out. However, we still got decent service and attention, which sometimes is not the case when the hotel is sold out. The lobby is modern and stylish, although a tad small, but the 5th floor open area which is quite unique makes up for it. The fitness center (also on the 5th floor) is well equipped. We were lucky to get a room on the 5th floor facing the city hall (beautiful by the day and even more beautiful in the night with its yellow lit clock tower dial) and I suggest you request for a city hall view room if possible. Beds are extremely comfortable with a noticeably higher thread count sheet. The only small problem we faced during the stay is that housekeeping forgot to clean our room at the time slot of 3-5 PM that we had provided to them as we were going to be out during that time. This wasn't too much of a bother as when I brought this to the attention of the service call center, they arranged someone to come up and do the service immediately. The breakfast was definitely the high point of our stay at the hotel with the waiter being very friendly and prompt and ala carte items prepared fresh and to-order (I hate the "free" breakfast buffets where the food just stands there forever and this is so much nicer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the city hall if available.
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed at Le Meridien several times this year on business and simply loved it. This will be my regular choice if things stay as good as they were.

The service is top-notch, the rooms (although small) are well appointed and location-wise it was pretty close to great restaurants and some cool city sights. It's an old building, but that just adds to the charm.

I highly recommend eating at the bar...the food is pretty fantastic and the drink prices during happy hour are well worth the visit...that is if you enjoy high quality red wine for $5 a glass.

The lobby area is pretty hip with great seating and a fireplace.

All-in-all, I highly recommend this property and will be looking forward to the next visit.

Happy Travels!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank hayden8s
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Hayden,

Thank you for the 5 star review. I am delighted you have enjoyed your visit and that we have had the opportunity to earn your business.

It's great to hear you enjoy the bar. We have new Sparkling cocktails coming out soon and hope you will have the chance to enjoy one along with you meal.

Our staff will celebrate another "highly recommended" comment. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Enjoy the spring!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

So, we bid and won deluxe accommodations at Le Meridien through a silent auction at a charity event. We called Le Meridien to make the arrangements - they took our gift cert info and told us we were all set and to have an incredible stay. As busy parents of young children, we wedged in the best night we could - over my wife's birthday weekend. We landed an overnight sitter rearranged swim lessons, rushed normal weekend activities, and prepared ourselves to have a fun night in the city. Then we got to Le Meridien. The front desk attendants started off so nice, then would not honor our gift certificate. She didn't say it was invalid, in fact we confirmed that the gift certificate was noted in the booking. She simply said we should have called a different number to make the arrangements because that night the room we had wasn't one of their gift cert rooms (or something like that). The problem is that number that was given on the gift certificate always had gone to voicemail, which is why we just called the main number, but made sure we confirmed that we'd be all set. We explained that, but she wouldn't budge. She said we could stay and pay for the room, but she couldn't honor our gift certificate. And so ruined the birthday weekend I had planned for my wife. Such a nice thing they did for charity.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MillsyTrotter
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

MIllsy Trotter
Thank you for sharing your comments. I can understand how frustrating it was to encounter that experience while trying to celebrate your wife’s birthday. Clearly we made mistakes through this reservation and I offer my apologies.
We are delighted to contribute complimentary nights to select charities. We do offer those certificates with certain date restrictions and unfortunately the date you preferred was restricted. We should have returned your voicemail and offered alternative dates. Our second mistake was the central reservation not referring you back to the property instead of accepting your reservation for a suite. Lastly, we should have better handled the situation while you were trying to check in.
I want to thank you for your generous support of that charity and I will be more than happy to continue honor the commitment we made with our generous contribution. Please contact me directly so that we can plan an opportunity to remedy the situation and earn your respect for commitment to serve you and recognize our missed opportunities.
Regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great location, friendly staff, spacious clean rooms. The hotel is situated in the heart of downtown Philly near the banking district. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance with a view of city hall from the front parts of the hotel.

The beds are very comfortable in the regular king rooms, good quality linen, well-appointed bathrooms, plush fittings in the rooms.

My only two complaints (if you could even call them that):

The reception counter is around the corner from the main entrance. There is a bar counter in front of the main entrance which is actually a bar serving clients, not a reception / front desk. The seating in this area is also in my opinion a but badly planned for a hotel with high foot traffic, as the seating areas for the bar are scattered between the front entrance and the elevators, forcing guests to circumvent that area every time they leave or enter the hotel. This isn't a catastrophe, but one reason why I wouldn't give the hotel five out of five (I would have given them four-and-a-half if it were possible).

The other issue - breakfast at Amuse is prohibitively expensive (around $50-60 for juice, coffee, yoghurt and an omelette).

Don't order cheesesteak from the room service menu, go to Steve's Prince of Steaks in town (recommended by the front desk).

Room Tip: Try for a room facing the square - great views.