“Lovely, modern, and guest focused”

Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ranked #25 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Brooklyn, New York
“Lovely, modern, and guest focused”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I spent the past weekend at Le Meridien Philadelphia. We were celebrating her birthday. Evan, the general manager, and the staff made us feel welcome and took care of everything we asked.

Prior to arrival Evan was helpful in assisting with our reservation. Upon arrival, the staff member who greeted us was skillful in guiding us through the lobby where an event was happening. Check in was smooth and the room we were assigned was modern, clean, well decorated, and multiple tvs (suite) were perfect for our World Cup viewing!

The location of the property is great for exploring the city. It's within walking distance to the Barnes Foundation, Independence Hall, and other attractions. A close ride away to delicious cheesesteaks and other local restaurants. Valet parking is available with as many as 4 attendants taking care of guests at any one time (they have a very busy job and looked to be doing well with the volume). We were lucky to find street parking at check in, and found an inexpensive lot nearby.

The next morning, after sleeping in, we found the Amuse restaurant in the lobby -- and we were glad we did. The food is scrumptious. We had the cobb salad and the prime beef croissant with horseradish havarti (I believe). Both were substantial and delicious.

Thanks Le Meridien and to all the staff for making our stay so pleasant!

Room Tip: Parking on the weekend is plentiful nearby for as little as $5 for the entire weekend; if you park i...
Green Features: Usual environmental practices, appreciated. No trash cans in our room, a little surprising since we generated some trash and recyclables. Over all doing well.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 15 June 2014

As part of a family group for an engagement surprise, there were about 10 of us in 5 different rooms. Although small, the hotel is unique, rich with history and architecture, and a great location to all that Philly has to offer. What I remember most is how amazing the service was - front being greeted every time you arrived, to the front desk staff, the food and beverage team - just exemplary service. Thanks LM Philadelphia for helping us celebrate this life-event and making a great weekend, the perfect weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! I am so pleased to hear that you chose out hotel for such a great occasion!

I am happy to hear we made the engagement groups stay with us special and that our staff provided excellent service.

Thank you again for the wonderful feedback. Congratulations and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Emma S
Guest Relations Manager
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the first and was really impressed with the considerate and friendly service. Was also really impressed by the lobby, the atrium and my room.

I got upgraded to a suite. I'm a SPG Gold member and I must say Starwood is always very kind. Wow. Modern, colourful and very design room. The working desk is amazing. The comfort of the bed was also amazing (as good as in Westin's Heavenly Beds). I slept really well.

Staff was so great in suggesting running routes, restaurants and information about the sights. They really made my stay better. They made a difference. That is rare.

The hotel is located at a walking distance from good restaurants, from the Old City and from the famous Museum. The only drawback is that their neighbour is a shelter for homeless people. I felt perfectly safe all the time, but the fauna is interesting.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest Program and for writing a review about your stay.

I am so pleased to hear you experienced great service from our staff as we pride ourselves in providing exceptional customer service for our guests.

I am pleased you found our location convenient as you mentioned, it is very safe around the hotel!

I you will stay with us again soon.

Emma S

Guest Relations Manager
New York
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

A short two night stay at a chic hotel in center city Phila was just terrific. Comfortable bed, clean room, and awesome bathroom amenities! We also loved that there is a complimentary coffee maker in the room! Highly recommended hotel! The staff we encountered were all friendly and knowledgeable!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Geedster8
Washington, DC
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have stayed at Le meridian hotels in the past and liked them. This one is on a dark street with nothing much immediately around it but a Mcdonalds. Everything is dark inside like they are hiding something. The room was also very dark. Streaks on the mirrors, towels just haphazardly tossed into the bedroom - looked like the cleaning staff just didn't care much or wasn't trained. I was disappointed.
I was in room 715 which has no view that you would want. Just looks out on a dirty adjacent roof and a parking lot behind the hotel.
They tell you they have a pool, but it's next door in the Sweat Gym and the pool is just gross. Also the staff at the Sweat Gym was unfriendly and seemed only vaguely aware that they had a deal with the hotel to let guests use the pool. But mostly the pool is just disgusting.
I had room service, and I have to say, that was excellent but also very very expensive. But it was very very tasty.
The valet guys, the concierge and the service people out in front of the hotel were very nice and helpful.
The bed was very comfortable. Very. But I just could not shake the feeling that the whole facility keeps everything dark to hide the lack of cleanliness. I'm not kidding when I say everything is dark - the halls, the elevator, your room. They even put the coffee make in the room in a dark closet - I had to light up the area with my iPhone even in the day to safely use it.
If you are a vampire, you will LOVE this hotel.

Room Tip: Only accept at room that looks towards the front. The view in the back sucks.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bsch
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
BSCH,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I appreciate your comments about the nice and helpful service provided by our valets, concierge and other associates. Please allow me to apologize that you were not happy with the guest room. Your traveler tip is a useful one. Guests who desire rooms towards the park in front can book “superior” room types and enjoy that view.

I would appreciate if you could share the source that informed you we had a pool, as we do not. I’d like to have that item removed from their data base. I do want to apologize that your experience at SWEAT Gym was not as we would have liked it to be. Their pool is one of the first indoor pools in North America so you did experience some local history, but it is certainly not a “lounging pool”. They have converted the pool to a “salt pool” to offer lap swimmers a different experience. I will work with their staff to ensure our guests receive the service and recognition they deserve.

Our food is fantastic and I’m delighted you enjoyed it in your room. I hope you will return to our hotel and try our restaurant. Thank you for your business and your feedback.

Safe travels,
Evan
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We found ourselves stranded by a vacation rental gone sour (think really bad air matress.) I'm an SGP member and after a frantic search for any hotel, found Le Meridien to be the cheapest. The wonderful night manager even honored the online rate I had found. From arrival to breakfast, the service was always friendly, efficient, and accomodating. The ultramodern decor may not be to everyone's taste, but I loved it. Of course, the usual Starwood comfortable beds and quality linens. The shower pan could use replacing, but aside from that, the building was a beautiful renovation with lovely old wood paneling in the bar and dining room. Terrific "terrace" that encloses the exterior of the old brick building courtyard, as is so popular these days--and for good reason. Delicious breakfast. Thank you Le Meridien for rescuing our weekend. The manager even sent us wine and chocolate to boost our spirits after hearing our tale of woe.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jAlfano
JAlfano,

Thank you for the 5 STAR review. I am grateful we were able to accommodate you after your planned vacation had gone bad. We do offer a unique and unusual hotel and I'm delighted you connected with our design, style and history along with our great service.

Thank you for your business and your loyalty.

We hope to serve you again,
Evan
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great location for walking to shops, restaurants and bars. Parking in the city always problematic. Valet the best way to go. The building has a beautiful brick interior which is original. Beautifully restored. The rooms are small but clean and adequate. If you have an interior room then your window overlooks the interior brick. No outside view. The staff from valet to front desk was very pleasant. Breakfast is okay but over priced. Cost reasonable for a major city.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family