“More like a 3* hotel!”

Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ranked #25 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 August 2014

So.. two of us carrying 3 suitcases to check in and no one was there opening the doors or helping us with the bags. Wasn't very happy about it.

Check in was fast and easy. Check-in staff was professional. Got upgraded to a suite due to platinum status but with no view.

Asked for a room change to a suite with a view. No other suites were available so we were given a standard room with a view.

The room was a mess upon arrival! The pillows were all over the place, TV was facing the wall! It seemed like the housekeepers couldn't wait to leave work.

Asked housekeepers to make the bed again and they basically put the pillions all together. Couldn't they realise the bed sheet/pillow case wasn't ironed and clean as well?

Duvet cover was unzipped and the housekeeping staff came to room and said- "this is how we do it here!"

Service is very poor at this hotel. I took the lift with a doorman one time. Once the door opened, you would expect "After you, Sir" or something like that. But the doorman told me "I am going to go first!" Should we call that customer service?

Public area is good. Room is actually nice but the bathroom is very very basic. More like a Holiday Inn bathroom.

I don't think I will be back to this Meridien, unless the Westin in town is fully booked.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Sherman,

Thank you for taking time to compose a review. I am glad you had a good check in experience and that we were able to upgrade you to a suite. I do apologize we didn’t have a suite with a view available upon your arrival. The room certainly should not have been a “mess”. I really would appreciate if you would drop me a message with your room number and dates of stay so I can be sure to work directly with the housekeepers who cared for your room. You should not have encountered that or the lift experience with a bellman. I do appreciate the feedback so I can work with my staff to ensure this does not happen again.

Wishing you a safe journey through our country,
Evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Philadelphia

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel is nice and clean and the location is good and close to everything. But don't expect anything fancy like slippers in the room. If you are lucky enough you can get a room facing towards the city hall. Unfortunately our room was facing a not-so-nice building in the back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Behnoosh,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I appreciate you enjoyed our location and proximity to Philadelphia’s great sights. I am glad you found the hotel nice and clean. It would be our pleasure to offer you slippers on your next visit, simply ask upon arrival and we will deliver them. We choose a minimalist approach, trying to reduce clutter in the guest room and afford you all the usable space. Providing the amenities upon request is our way of adding additional services.

Thank you for your feedback and your business.

Wishing you safe travels,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel is gorgeous. Starting with the art on the glass entry doors. Service was excellent. Great interior design. Elevators can only be accessed with a card so onlly guests can use them. I liked that. Easy walking to many places such as Barnes, Rodin museums. In the other direction a few blocks away is the Reading market. So convenient.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. Had no problem with noise even with a wedding going on.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank janeg99
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Jane,

Thank you for the FIVE STAR review! I am delighted you not only appreciated the world class art collections just a few blocks away but our own interior design in a neo classic building.

Thank you for your business and I hope we can serve you again.

Enjoy your summer,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have been a platinum member 14 years in a row, and have lifetime platinum status. I have a daughter who is 19, and who has spent a year and a half of her life in Starwood hotels. This is my first posting on TripAdvisor. With that said, please allow me to explain why I give Le Meridien Philadelphia an excellent review.

First of all, the following are great: location across from City Hall, an overall fantastic view, has the modern feel of both a Le Meridian or W, and mostly, helpful staff. In particular, Victoria and Misha were kind enough to make platinum upgrades to superior suites. Also, Eric in their restaurant was energetic, attentive, and provided great service during breakfast. Jessica was very helpful in checking us in, providing duplicate keys on many occasions, and playing the role of concierge in telling us what to do and see in Philadelphia. Lastly, it is a fun experience walking through the lobby and being able to appreciate the wood fixtures that were originally built by the YMCA years ago, and at the same time meeting the expectations that we've grown accustomed to at Le Meridien properties.

BTW: never a hint of smoke in any of the four rooms I had for my family, or in the lobby/restaurant.

Room Tip: Superior suite is excellent for family of four …. request free rollaway
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Randy W
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Randy,

Thank you for the 5 star review. Nothing is more satisfying to get feedback like this from a well traveled professional. You lifetime loyalty status evidences how familiar you are with hotels, making your comments even more special.

Our associates always get excited about personal recognition in reviews. Thank you for acknowledging their efforts and commitment to excellence.

I hope we have the opportunity to serve you on future trips to Philadelphia. Thank you for your business and your loyalty.

Regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at Le Meridien for 6 nights while in Philadelphia for a conference. The hotel is recently built, so its new and modern. The rooms are significantly smaller than comparable hotels though. What was most annoying was the bad service.

Our beds were never made properly (the mattress pad was messed up every day even after a full housecleaning service). We didn't get new soap bars at all in 6 nights. I understand that changing the sheets every day is wasteful, but the sheets were never changed in 6 nights. The air conditioning is not good, particularly for a new hotel, and the the room always had a stale air smell.

If this hotel was significantly cheaper than its competitors, I might have stayed it in again. Given that it is even more expensive than its competitors, I'll never stay in a Le Meridian again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Krishna,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. I apologize that you experienced housekeeping issues. We have a “green choice” programme that offers incentives to guests to forego housekeeping service. If we didn’t make your bed or refresh your amenities, I’m wondering if we mistakenly had you as a participant. I can assure you our daily housekeeping standards do include the services you expected. I am not able to determine the dates and room number for your stay to investigate. If you’d like to share them with me I would greatly appreciate it.

I do hope you will consider our hotel if you return to Philadelphia.

Wishing you safe travels,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great hotel. The staff were unbelievable friendly. Hotel is kept VERY clean, breakfast was amazing right in the hotel. Room was a great size (we were upgrade because of SPG) and the hotel is in the perfect location to see everything you need to. Bed was a little rough though - definitely did not sink into them. Only bad thing I could honestly say.

Room Tip: Overlooking the park is a nice view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I was only looking for a good hotel in Philadelphia, good located and at a fair price, for a one night stay. Le Meridien has it all, together with a very professional staff, super comfy rooms and surprising design. I liked it very much. Minor issue: a small delay in collecting our luggage left in their storage at check out.

Stayed: July 2014