“Excellent customer service”

Le Meridien Philadelphia
Ranked #25 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I travel a lot for work, and last week, I had to make an urgent trip to Philadelphia. I contacted the Le Meredien (I am loyal to the starwood group), and was connected to the business travel manager. She was amazing (efficient, pleasant, and professional) and helped me get a room in a jiffy. The hotel which is right in the middle of attractions, restaurants, and businesses downtown is clean and quiet. Whats more, the staff is excellent. In my hurry the next day, I had left my iPhone charger when I checked out. When I called, the hotel staff located it, called me back in 5 mins, and had it ready for me to pick up at the front lobby. Overall, it was an excellent experience, and I have no reason to stay else where.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Giri,

Thank you for the 5 STAR review. I am delighted you chose our hotel and even more excited we exceeded your expectations and earned your return business. I will share my appreciation with our sales manager and lost and found team, they always appreciate recognition of their efforts.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We were very happy with the atmosphere and style, with the beautiful fresh newly renovated room. The location is good, and a walk from the underground train (we came from the airport by train, it was perfect), the staff was friendly, and gave us perfect recommendations for restaurants (+a place for breakfast).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Awesome location ... Safe hotel and super friendly staff (upon check in our attendant heard we were vegans and had a sheet sent up of all the options in the area). Doormen were all lovely and were quick to get us umbrellas for our walk in the light rain. Amuse breakfast had lovely wait staff, beautiful design and good food and coffee. Complimentary illy coffee in the am, well appointed room with great design, great light, comfy bed (smallish for a platinum upgrade but it's an old ymca and the design is functional and far outweighs empty space)

All in all lovely and would def. Stay again if we return to philly

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for the FIVE STAR review.

I'm thrilled you connected with our unique style, high design and most importantly great service. It is even more appreciated coming from a senior reviewer and platinum member.

Wishing you a great summer of discovery and travels,

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed here at the end of July for a 2 day trip and we had a great time. This hotel was close to the old city and sits right across from the city hall. Hotel was clean, had friendly staff, and even gave us a free upgrade. It is close to the Love sign as well as to the 30th train station.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

So.. two of us carrying 3 suitcases to check in and no one was there opening the doors or helping us with the bags. Wasn't very happy about it.

Check in was fast and easy. Check-in staff was professional. Got upgraded to a suite due to platinum status but with no view.

Asked for a room change to a suite with a view. No other suites were available so we were given a standard room with a view.

The room was a mess upon arrival! The pillows were all over the place, TV was facing the wall! It seemed like the housekeepers couldn't wait to leave work.

Asked housekeepers to make the bed again and they basically put the pillions all together. Couldn't they realise the bed sheet/pillow case wasn't ironed and clean as well?

Duvet cover was unzipped and the housekeeping staff came to room and said- "this is how we do it here!"

Service is very poor at this hotel. I took the lift with a doorman one time. Once the door opened, you would expect "After you, Sir" or something like that. But the doorman told me "I am going to go first!" Should we call that customer service?

Public area is good. Room is actually nice but the bathroom is very very basic. More like a Holiday Inn bathroom.

I don't think I will be back to this Meridien, unless the Westin in town is fully booked.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Sherman,

Thank you for taking time to compose a review. I am glad you had a good check in experience and that we were able to upgrade you to a suite. I do apologize we didn’t have a suite with a view available upon your arrival. The room certainly should not have been a “mess”. I really would appreciate if you would drop me a message with your room number and dates of stay so I can be sure to work directly with the housekeepers who cared for your room. You should not have encountered that or the lift experience with a bellman. I do appreciate the feedback so I can work with my staff to ensure this does not happen again.

Wishing you a safe journey through our country,
Evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel is nice and clean and the location is good and close to everything. But don't expect anything fancy like slippers in the room. If you are lucky enough you can get a room facing towards the city hall. Unfortunately our room was facing a not-so-nice building in the back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Behnoosh,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I appreciate you enjoyed our location and proximity to Philadelphia’s great sights. I am glad you found the hotel nice and clean. It would be our pleasure to offer you slippers on your next visit, simply ask upon arrival and we will deliver them. We choose a minimalist approach, trying to reduce clutter in the guest room and afford you all the usable space. Providing the amenities upon request is our way of adding additional services.

Thank you for your feedback and your business.

Wishing you safe travels,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel is gorgeous. Starting with the art on the glass entry doors. Service was excellent. Great interior design. Elevators can only be accessed with a card so onlly guests can use them. I liked that. Easy walking to many places such as Barnes, Rodin museums. In the other direction a few blocks away is the Reading market. So convenient.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. Had no problem with noise even with a wedding going on.