“Unique and varied menu”
Review of Max Brenner

Max Brenner
Reserve with OpenTable
Max Brenner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #208 of 4,428 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: City Center West
Cross street: Between 15th & Locust
Transit: The Broad line, Broad St and Walnut St exit, on the subway. PATCO 15th and Locust
Description: Known worldwide as the ultimate destination for chocolate, Max Brenner is the perfect place to eat… and indulge. Fill up on Really Crunchy Mac & Cheese, a pressed waffle sandwich or our ever-popular Brenner Burger. But save room, because the main course is dessert. Experience chocolate to the fullest and enjoy hot chocolate, Choctails, fondues, sugar waffles and more. Our most iconic dishes are served in specially-designed ceramic utensils, turning chocolate consumption into a chocolate ceremony. So double dip, lick your fingers and forget to share because at Max Brenner there aren’t rules – all you have to do is really love chocolate.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My family of 5 visited Max's place recently in Philly. The menu was unique and "cool" and the food was fantastic. The macaroni and cheese was one of the best, my kids have had. Anything chocolate we ordered was unbelievable...it better have been...LOL. The only negative was the service was a bit slow, other than that the food experience was great.

There are newer reviews for Max Brenner

Reviewed 27 June 2014

unless you come here for just dessert, this place kinda stinks. Food is ok at best and they give you small portions. On the other hand the milkshakes are good. I'd never go back tho...like a novelty place.. or a chocolate themed TGI Fridays....

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stopped by for lunch with two friends. Wasn't very busy at all which is slightly worrisome at 1:30pm in the middle of a city.

On a big positive: having tried the milkshake I can only imagine how good many of the dessert items must be.

My 'Waffle Sandwich' however really wasn't anything special and seemed like it was a waffle for the sake of trying to tie all the savoury food items into the dessert idea. I also thought that it was a little over priced for what it was. Portion and food was distinctly average and at the price it was ($70 for 2 sandwiches, one appetizer, 2 milkshakes & a latte!!!) I didn't feel it was worth it at all.

I would however come back but only for a desert course.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We made a reservation on OpenTable, but since it was a Saturday night, we were seated about 40 min later (quicker than others). By then, the chocolate shop waiting area was packed.

The menu consists of appetizers (about $15), flatbread pizzas, paninis, salads, sandwiches/burgers, and "form" food (pasta, salmon, chicken, etc). The specials menu is definitely worth checking out. My sister and I weren't too hungry so we split the quinoa and chickpea salad atop a waffle (special). It was perfect and delicious. Our table also had the main burger (very tasty) and the macaroni and cheese (incredible at first, but the dish was too much of a mushy consistency once the top layer of breadcrumbs was eaten). The chocolate granita was pretty much a chocolate milkshake served in a cute cup.

We didn't have room for dessert, but we might come back in the future. Max Brenner is not a place I'd find myself eating too often, but it's an experience that's definitely worth trying out. (Read the short story and texts in the drinks/dessert menu! They're well-written and very cute.)

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Two appetizers, two sandwiches, one salad, two deserts and no alcohol should not cost $110, especially for average food. The tables are stacked on top of each other to the point your are almost dining with others. Drinks, plates, and silverware will not even fit on the small table for three people. Neat concept, some unique deserts, but will not return. There are way too many other great options in Philly.