“Very Satisfied”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Hotel Palomar in conjunction with the ALA midwinter conference.

I was very satisfied with my experience. I stay three nights. The third night was a night I added later and I was told when I booked that I may have to change rooms because the only available room was another room type. Well, when I checked in, the staff at the desk easily fixed it so I could keep the same room and i checked in easily. Thank you!

I had signed up for the Kimpton rewards and got my $10 minibar card. Nice touch.

Signing into the wireless was so easy compared to other hotels and it never expired the 3 nights I was there. Other hotels will make you login again each day.

I had a queen city view room (2109) which was beautiful and quiet.

I had a little time to kill before dinner, so I took advantage of the yoga mat and played a yoga program which was on the tv. Again, nice touch. I loved that.

I went down for happy hour and the free wine and had a great time. I was surprised how good the wine was.

The lobby was impeccably clean and the staff were very helpful. No complaints at all.

My only complaints are with the room, but they are minor. First, I wanted to take a hot bath the first night I was there because of the frigid temps outside and the plug for the tub would not keep the water in. I took it out completely and stuffed a washcloth in it. Hey, it worked!

Also, I had the water on to the max to fill the tub, but it never got quite hot enough. For a shower, it was fine, but for a bath, not so much.

Other than that, I had a wonderful stay and would stay there again.

1  Thank NikiB5
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear NikiB5,

We appreciate you selecting the Palomar as your home during the recent ALA conference. We're thrilled you were able to get some R&R in too with our friend [Yoga] Mat! So sorry about the tub, we'll look into fixing that right away. Thanks so much for the feedback, we can't wait to have you back!

Cheers,
James

Write a ReviewReviews (2,631)

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed at the Palomar for a night on business and found it excellent. I arrived just as the wine hour was finishing (knowing nothing about it) but was given a voucher to get a glass of wine from the bar - just what I needed having trudged through the snow and biting cold to get there.

The room was very well appointed and as it was a corner room I had fantastic views. The desk was ideal to work at and by joining the loyalty program I had free (fast) wifi and a $10 voucher for the minibar.

The staff I met were incredibly friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

1  Thank PicnMix_13

Dear Picn_mix13,

Thank you for the excellent feedback! I'm thrilled to read you received such a warm welcome despite the outside temperature. Please come back for another visit soon. We'll be waiting with a glass of red!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a short business trip to Philadelphia. Kimpton hotels have a good reputation for customer service and you get nothing less here. Rooms are very clean and decent size for the money. Walking distance to the Museum of Art and close to the train station as mentioned in other reviews. Sign up for the rewards program and you recieve free internet and a $10 mini bar credit :)

Enjoy

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Ngmeckley,

Glad to hear you had the chance to take in some of the sites during your recent business trip. We are in such a great neighborhood, you've got to have at least a little fun! Thank you for selecting our Hotel as your home away from home. Hopefully we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel which was a first for me for the Kimptom chain. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The hotel was nicely decorated as were the rooms. The location was fantastic- easy access to trains, restaurants, sites, etc.

I travel a lot and always make sure the hotel I stay has workout facilities. The facilities here were OK- the attachments to use the Precor machine were missing so it was unusable. I would recommend that the staff get foam rollers for stretching as us road warriors like to loosen up our muscle! I do plan on returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the alley as dumpsters are located there and garbage trucks made noise
1  Thank RoadwarriorTM21

RoadwarriorTM21,

We know that as a road warrior you have many Hotels to compare us to. That being said, we appreciate your review and recommendation. Please know that the fitness center upgrades you mentioned are in the works! Can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Great location very near Rittenhouse Square. Walking distance to Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Independence Hall/Liberty Bell/Constitution Museum area. Tons of great restaurants, bars, shopping and sites nearby. Walking distance from SEPTA train (can take from airport).

Very nice hotel with great staff. Hot chocolate in mornings and afternoon. Wine tasting each night at 5pm. Very comfortable beds and rooms. Plenty of room and storage.

Make sure to join Kimpton InTouch to get free wifi.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear KarlSF,

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay. Thrilled to hear you enjoyed all the neighborhood has to offer. We appreciate your recommendation and can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed here in January for 2 nights over MLK weekend and I didn't want to leave.
What a wonderful hotel and even more fabulous staff. The lobby was beautiful with a roaring fire and complimentary hot chocolate.
Each night they did a wine social in the same lobby at 5 pm and we'd hurry back from our sightseeing not to miss it. There was white and red wine plus a hot chocolate (cider the other evening) made with their infused bourbon. So fun.
Our room was beautiful. We didn't have a view at all (faced another building) but the room was lovely and the bed comfy. Great bathroom and robes, shampoos etc.
What makes this hotel stand out is the staff. EVERYONE was so accommodating and friendly. On the second day hubby went down to get his complimentary coffee from the lobby but on a weekday it had already ended. The staff says no problem well send a coffee machine to your room.
A while later we got a call apologizing that all the coffee makers were out so they sent us a free pot of coffee from the restaurant. So very sweet!!!
Location of this hotel is perfect for getting all around center city, rittenhouse and old town. Restaurants and bars are all close by.

Room Tip: Our room didn't have a view but it was super peaceful
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Britgirl_dallas_72
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Britgirl_dallas_72,

I'm thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your weekend with us. It's certainly been chilly out lately, hopefully the hot coco and the cider kept you warm! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Kimpton always delivers value for your dollar. They are professional and helpful. I missed wine hour one night and they gave me a card for a free drink in the bar. This room was quite comfortable an even though in an older building was quite quiet.

tfizzle,

It is always a pleasure to have you! Thanks for your continued loyalty. We look forward to seeing you for many future glasses of wine!