“Great stay for my birthday”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I love the Kimpton Hotel group. The Palomar was cozy and perfect for an overnight birthday stay. I had a deluxe suite and it was very comfy. The staff, the property.. everything was great. My boyfriend and I took Amtrak from NYC, 90mins to relax and enjoy a quiet evening. We enjoyed the restaurant and the wine reception. The truffle popcorn was so yummy!!! Perfect birthday for me.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Kim E,

Happy belated! We thrilled you chose to celebrate with us. Hopefully it becomes a tradition and we'll see you next year!

Regards,
James

Write a ReviewReviews (2,641)

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Excellent hotel near Rittenhouse Square. Wonderful room amenities --- the bed was perfect. An umbrella and yoga mat are nice additions and the robes are cute animal prints (sounds dopey but they were fun). Best of all -- fantastic wifi experience, in fact the easiest sign on I've ever seen. $10 minibar coupon is good in the restaurant or for the minibar (keep in mind that the items are taxed, so we were lucky we used it on $9 almonds so it covered the tax too). The staff are amazingly friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Dear GasngoArlingtonVA,

Great to hear you were able to snuggle up in our great robes! Our wifi was recently updated, thanks for the positive feedback! Hope to see you again on your next business trip.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 February 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel with our two goldendoodle dogs. The first time, we were named the "family of the day" and received what I thought was special hospitality complete with dog beds and gourmet dog biscuits for our fluffy family members. Well, the second time we were wowed with the same treatment, a beautiful room on one of the top floors, and one of the most comfortable beds in any hotel. But, the thing about the Kimpton is not the amenities, or the intriguing and tasteful artwork, it is the people who work there. Everyone, I mean everyone, has this same over the top, what can we do for you, overtly nice and just friendly attitude. I don't want to use the words customer service because, now after only two visits at the Hotel Palomar in Philadelphia, I feel like family there. I hope to be able to figure out more reasons to go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Lisa T,

We can certainly help you come up with a few reasons to come back! Let's start with some good old R&R with the pups! You and your family are absolutely part of our Kimpton family and we can't wait to have you back.

Until then,

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed at this property for a romantic getaway for our anniversary. This hotel is a typical Kimpton property, excellently located in downtown Philadelphia. The good things about this property: the doormen, always offering a smile and making me feel welcome, the coffee and/or hot chocolate bars set up in the lobby, the evening wine tastings (also bad, below), the onsite bar (Square 1682) has a wonderful ambiance and the staff are top notch, the rooms are very comfortable both in decor and furnishings.

The bad: the walls are paper thin. We could hear every word being spoken in the room next to us and it was evident that the people were not talking in anything other than a normal tone of voice. Thankfully, this worked out ok as our neighbors weren't up all night talking, but be aware, of you are a light sleeper like I am, this could absolutely effect your stay. The lobby is tiny! This would ordinarily not be an issue, however, this property hosts a free wine tasting each night. Within 10 minutes of opening, there are no available seats to sit and enjoy the wine. In addition, the lobby is so small that SRO is tight and often awkward, with people trying to get in and out of the hotel as well as check in or out.

Overall, exceptional for Kimpton, and their properties never disappoint. We will absolutely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VanessaL

Dear VanessaL,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. I am sorry to hear the noise from your neighbors was disruptive but pleased to hear that it didn't interrupt a good nights sleep. Happy Anniversary to you both! Let's make this a yearly tradition!

See you soon,

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Hotel Palomar in conjunction with the ALA midwinter conference.

I was very satisfied with my experience. I stay three nights. The third night was a night I added later and I was told when I booked that I may have to change rooms because the only available room was another room type. Well, when I checked in, the staff at the desk easily fixed it so I could keep the same room and i checked in easily. Thank you!

I had signed up for the Kimpton rewards and got my $10 minibar card. Nice touch.

Signing into the wireless was so easy compared to other hotels and it never expired the 3 nights I was there. Other hotels will make you login again each day.

I had a queen city view room (2109) which was beautiful and quiet.

I had a little time to kill before dinner, so I took advantage of the yoga mat and played a yoga program which was on the tv. Again, nice touch. I loved that.

I went down for happy hour and the free wine and had a great time. I was surprised how good the wine was.

The lobby was impeccably clean and the staff were very helpful. No complaints at all.

My only complaints are with the room, but they are minor. First, I wanted to take a hot bath the first night I was there because of the frigid temps outside and the plug for the tub would not keep the water in. I took it out completely and stuffed a washcloth in it. Hey, it worked!

Also, I had the water on to the max to fill the tub, but it never got quite hot enough. For a shower, it was fine, but for a bath, not so much.

Other than that, I had a wonderful stay and would stay there again.

1  Thank NikiB5
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear NikiB5,

We appreciate you selecting the Palomar as your home during the recent ALA conference. We're thrilled you were able to get some R&R in too with our friend [Yoga] Mat! So sorry about the tub, we'll look into fixing that right away. Thanks so much for the feedback, we can't wait to have you back!

Cheers,

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed at the Palomar for a night on business and found it excellent. I arrived just as the wine hour was finishing (knowing nothing about it) but was given a voucher to get a glass of wine from the bar - just what I needed having trudged through the snow and biting cold to get there.

The room was very well appointed and as it was a corner room I had fantastic views. The desk was ideal to work at and by joining the loyalty program I had free (fast) wifi and a $10 voucher for the minibar.

The staff I met were incredibly friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

1  Thank PicnMix_13

Dear Picn_mix13,

Thank you for the excellent feedback! I'm thrilled to read you received such a warm welcome despite the outside temperature. Please come back for another visit soon. We'll be waiting with a glass of red!

Regards,

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a short business trip to Philadelphia. Kimpton hotels have a good reputation for customer service and you get nothing less here. Rooms are very clean and decent size for the money. Walking distance to the Museum of Art and close to the train station as mentioned in other reviews. Sign up for the rewards program and you recieve free internet and a $10 mini bar credit :)

Enjoy

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Ngmeckley,

Glad to hear you had the chance to take in some of the sites during your recent business trip. We are in such a great neighborhood, you've got to have at least a little fun! Thank you for selecting our Hotel as your home away from home. Hopefully we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Best,