“perfect service and atmosphere”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 19 February 2014

this Kimpton Hotel is perfect located, friendly staff, a great athmosphere with restaurant and bar. Cooles design and great rooms. We spend Valentinsday in Philadelphia and this was defnitely the best place to stay. Everytime again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Youngcouple2014,

We can't wait to welcome you back every time! Thanks for staying with us for your special weekend and sharing such great feedback.

Kind Regards,
James

Write a ReviewReviews (2,641)

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I had planned a Valentine's Day night in the city at the Hotel Palomar in Philadelphia. This is the second time we've stayed there and the service, friendliness and overall feel/vibe was awesome! The hotel really "gets it" as far as what people are looking for and how to make them happy. One of major perks to this hotel is their Spa King Room....they have a Fuji tub for two which I haven't seen at any other hotel in the city near Rittenhouse. Any special requests you make to the front desk they are equally enthusiastic to help with it. I had a couple things I was coordinating and people like Titus and Sarah made it happen in a snap!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a romantic/cozy weekend with their main squeeze.

Room Tip: Positively book the Spa King Room w Fuji tub and pick a high floor to get a good view of the city

Dear Imbrod00,

I'm so happy to see we were able to assist in making this Valentine's Day a special one! Thanks for sharing the great feedback and tips on the spa tub. Titus and Sarah are great assests to our company, I'll be sure to pass along your gratitude.

Let's make this a tradition,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I cannot say enough good things about the Hotel Palomar in Philadelphia. We made an impromptu trip up for a one night stay and the staff really went above and beyond to make our experience delightful. When our restaurant reservation was canceled due to a power outage, they found us another reservation at a similar restaurant within minutes. Every person we interacted with was friendly and helpful.
Additionally, the location cannot be beat - right around the corner from great shopping, restaurants, and walking distance to many of Philadelphia's landmarks.
Lastly, our room was clean and comfortable.

Dear Alexandrazimm,

It's so wonderful to read about your great stay! Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. Now that we're friends, we hope to see you more frequently!

Until then,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Speedy valet, big enough and well-kept rooms, fantastic wine and popcorn hour. Nice area to congregate and warm up around the lobby fireplace, and the morning coffee and day-long cocoa was also appreciated.

As noted in other reviews, signing up for the InTouch loyalty program is a good thing to do and affords you 10$ credit at the bar or in-room minibar.

Only detractor is that parking was a shocking 42$ per day.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Carrot_little,

Great to hear the fireplace and hot cocoa kept you warm during this cold weather! Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Sorry for my delayed review... I stayed during the first week of December on a business trip. A coworker of mine recommended I try out the Hotel Palomar- and I was REALLY glad for the tip! I arrived early, just to drop my baggage, prior to heading into the office that morning and I was greeted- extremely warmly -by Justin at the front desk,,,,AND he was able to check me in- which was an awesome surprise! The room was fantastic- and I was relieved to get a bit settled before my week long stay. Nice view on the 18th floor! I still can not stop talking about the great elevator music :) I really looked forward to wine hour every night! The hosts were always awesome, and you felt like you were being served at their home... the fireplace... the truffle oil popcorn... and then there's Danny on guitar... not only a great voice... but wait.. there's more! He's also a fantastic bartender :)
I loved housekeeping's personal note... always nice to come home to after a tough work day...
I can not wait to go back to this hotel!!!! Perfect location for my work week-- lots to do in the area.... even the doormen are spot on... just super fantastic! Oh! and I even received a personal email from the hotel manager- and look forward to booking a romantic trip for my boyfriend and I as soon as I find a free weekend!!!
I plan on booking at more Kimpton hotels, when the opportunity arises. Thanks for a wonderful week!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hi LisaD,

This review just made my day! I'm so happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience with us. Thank you for sharing this review. We can't wait to welcome you back into our home.

Best,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Staying at the Palomar was the worst customer service experience of my life. Two days after I checked out, a charge of about $100 appeared on my credit card. When I contacted the front desk, I was routed to Accounting and then told they would call me back, which they never did. Finally, I managed to speak to Rachel McGowan in the Accounting Department, who told me that she required a form to take the charges off, but she could not identify what form it was. After several phone conversations and multiple emails, I finally got the charges removed. The Palomar is a hotel that I want to like, but why is the Palomar trying to antagonize its customers? Staying here is not worth the hassle.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Darren P

Darren P,

I can't express how disspointed I am to know that this issue left such a sour taste in your mouth. At check-in, your credit card is authorized for an additional $75 per night to cover any incidentals. If a debit card is used it will display as a pending transaction for 2-7 business days, depending on your bank's policies. If no additional charges are incurred during your visit the hold then falls off back into your available funds. Again, I do apologize if we did not clearly communicate this to you but am happy to see the issue has been resolved. Please feel welcome to reach out to me directly if I may be of any future assistance.

Best,

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My sister and I usually stay at Hotel Monaco but I have always wanted to try Hotel Palomar. I can truly say I was not disappointed! The location is amazing; so close to Rittenhouse Square and all the best restaurants. The staff are welcoming and will bend over backwards to accommodate you and resolve any issues. We had a problem with the heat. It was so cold on the first night. The front desk was genuinely concerned and had the maintenance/engineering dept come up twice. Then they sent up warm chocolate chip cookies and hot tea to help us "stay warm". It was a sweet gesture and the issue was resolved. At check out, Austin not only recommended a place for brunch but he went out of his way and called ahead to make sure they could accommodate us. With beautiful rooms, great decor and such outstanding customer service, I am certain to return!

p.s.The wine hour with truffle popcorn.... definitely a bonus!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vanntastic

Dear Vanntastic,

We're so happy you ventured to our side of Broad Street! Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. So sorry about the cold temp but I'm glad to see it was resolved for you. Hope to see you again for another night in town!

Cheers,