“At over $400 a night i was charged- hotel fleft like a cheap unclean road side place” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #4 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
boca raton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

People were nice- rooms small- I mean small !!!!!! The rooms are in ugly dark colors from the 70's .. Room seemed dirty. we noticed when our room was cleaned much was missed ( such as lack of vacuum, dusting, replacement of soap, and coffee ) - NO ice, that's is correct, if you want ice it is only on the 4th floor, we stayed on the 22nd ... Also they gave two very ugly bath rubs that were in the design of tiger colors. I have no idea why so many great reviews- was not worth the $400 dollars a night we paid, I felt ripped off.. We had to use the valet for our car- the hotel has no place to pull in which caused a dent in my new BMW- I would not recommend this hotel if you have a car ( no place to pull in ) Honestly I think most of the reviews I read before staying must have been fixed.
I think if the rate was under 200 - would have been more what to expect..... You cant charge people these rate and offer what we got

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank bocaguy6
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Bocaguy6,

I'm saddened to read you left feeling this way. Hopefully by now you've been in contact with our valet company to sort through any damage. Like many city hotels, a valet service is necessary as we do not have a parking facility of our own. We partner closely with them to ensure the service levels match the Hotel standard and I am extremely sorry if your car was dented while with us. Please feel welcome to reach out to me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Regards,
James

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Hotel room was very comfortable, with a great view from my corner room on the 21st floor. The customary Kimpton 'wine hour' had bonus live music which made the foyer / lunge area very happening.
Nothing seemed to much trouble for the staff, very helpful and efficient. The restaurant has an interesting 'quirky' menu for both breakfast and dinner, and again helpful service.
A very pleasurable stay in Philly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Argy2012,

We're also enjoying having Dan at wine hour! Don't forget to pop into the bar for a drink afterwards - he makes a killer cocktail! We hope to see you next time! Thanks for reviewing your stay with us.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I just stayed here for 3 days on a combination business/personal trip. We were very pleased with every aspect of the hotel. I had let the hotel know we were in town to help our daughter get situated into Philadelphia as she has just moved there. There was a bottle champagne in our room with a very nice personal note welcoming us. We were in a King suite with one of the nicest showers I have ever seen in a hotel. All of the staff was terrific, especially the team working the front door/parking as we were in an out of the hotel with the car 2-3 times/day.

You can't beat the location for the downtown area. The Palomar is right off Rittenhouse Square. It is very easy to get and out of the city if you need too. When in town, you are right in the middle of the action.

The restaurant in the hotel, Square 1682 was excellent as well. The only thing I can't comment on is the exercise facility. Will have to check it out next time.

Room Tip: Be sure to let the hotel any personal preferences. They are VERY responsive.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear MacAtlantaGa_,

It's great to see that we were able to add a little relaxation into your daughters stressful moving weekend! Thanks for staying with us. Hopefully we'll be your home away from home during all future visits.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Lots of reasons to love this hotel! The location can't be beat, the design and aesthetic is warm, comfortable, and approachable, and the service is friendly and professional with a seemingly sincere desire to please. The restaurant is solid, the bar is lively.

I had a King Premiere, the views were not as spectacular as promised. I had requested a high floor and did not get one. The deep soaking tub with jets was a welcome reprieve after long days of work. The shower was oversized and a delight to slip in to.

The housekeeping was phenomenal for the first few days (Tues - Fri), but on Saturday and Sunday, it slipped considerably. Also on the weekends, the noise level increased considerably. Fellow guests on the 8th floor were slamming doors, yelling, and partying like a bunch of teenagers until almost 5 in the morning. The staff did what they could to help out - they were friendly and apologetic and offered to move me into another room - just wish it had not happened at all.

As a loyal Kimpton-ite, this was one of the better Kimpton experiences of me for recent. When I come back to Philly, I will definitely, 100%, without question, stay here again.

Green Features: Kimpton properties offer premiere 'green' practices
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank skygirl12
Dear Skygirl12,

Thanks for your great review. I'm thrilled to see you enjoyed your time with us and will be returning when you're in town next. Can't wait to have you back.

Troy,NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Very nice hotel with a wonderful staff! My husband needed chap stick and called the front desk. They were out of it but said they would have it in a minute. The front desk went out to buy some and delivered it to us in the restaurant!

Not sure that I have ever seen such a polite and pleasant staff!

Great location!

Dear ajdbt,

Thank you for your review. Glad to see we were able to assist with the chapstick! Come back and see us soon.

Thanks,
Kelly
Baltimore, MD, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed at the Palomar for a night on business. The hotel is very well-located, easy to find and an easy walking distance to major business and retail locations.

Check-in was a breeze, friendly and efficient. The lobby is ample, but not large, and well laid-out. I was provided a king suite which was generously proportioned and very clean. The parlor area included a TV, sofa, lounge and business desk. There were ample plugs available, and wifi signal and speed were good. The cable package was good (not great, but good). Bed was comfortable and the alarm clock was relatively simple to figure out. Mini-bar had a good number of selections, though many of them were house branded slightly off items (various nuts and things). A few more standard options would be nice. Finishes were all in good condition and were mid-to-high-end in quality. The bathroom was large, with separate shower and a jacuzzi tub. Everything was extremely clean.

My one minor complaint was the lack of obvious signs for valet or parking. The website notes "on-site garage" but even after circling twice, I never found an "on-site garage" nor did I see a sign for valet. I parked at a 24 hour garage 2 short blocks away, which was fine. But they should provide more specifics.

Green Features: Kimpton Hotels always have excellent green programs.
2 Thank BobinBaltimore
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear BobinBaltimore,

Thank you for staying with us. Glad to see you got in easily and enjoyed the room. We hope to be your go to hotel in Philadelphia for all future business trips!

See you soon,
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here for the second time. I can't say enough good things about it. The staff is extremely friendly and attentive, the decor is cool and unexpected, the free wine hour is a great touch, and the location is perfect. It has a very warm, friendly vibe. If you're looking to stay in the center city area, go!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JNYCFQF
Dear JNYCFQF,

Thank you for continuing to stay with us! We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to see you find us comfortable and friendly.

See you soon,