“THE place to stay in Philly”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Fox Point
“THE place to stay in Philly”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great hotel, great value. You can always count on a stylish stay at a Kimpton property. From the animal print robes to the oversized tub, I felt pampered and comfortable. The adjoining restaurant had outstanding service and great food. My only gripe was the street noise at bar time. Of course, it was St. Patrick's Day weekend. : )

Room Tip: My room was on a corner and had great windows overlooking the street.
Green Features: All the eco-options were there! From reusing towels and sheets to glassware. Much appreciated!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jenfoxpoint
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Jenfoxpoint,

Hopefully you got to partake in a little of our St. Patrick's Day cheer! It sure is a lively day in town. Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Cheers,
James

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
Manhasset, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Often people in service industries have no idea what service is. The entire staff we encountered at the Kimpton in Philadelphia is excellently trained and have warm, friendly personalities well suited to hospitality.
When we were unexpectedly unable to acess or vehicle from the parking lot due to a fundraising walk we were given updates on how long the delay would be, our accomodations were made available for an extended time and we were offered a free breakfast while we were detained. From the valet to the front desk our situation was handled with utmost professionalism.
The hotel stay was excellent, the restaurant was a treat for breakfast with many healthy and delicious options.
The location is centrally located and the rooms were surprisingly quiet.

Green Features: Kimpton brand is known for exceptional green practices.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dolores M
Dear Dolores M,

It's so nice to see we were able to make a tough situation better for you. Thank you for your continued business. We do hope to see you again for your next weekend away.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This room was very comfortable. It was stylish and fun. There were nice views of the Philadelphia skyline. From the gentleman who greeted me at the front door, to the gentleman who checked me in, the hostess and waitress at the restaurant, the server who brought me the dinner I ordered, to the person who completed my check out, everyone was very courteous. The food was quite tasty too.

1 Thank Jessy P
Jessy P,

Great to see that you enjoyed, the room, people and food here with us! Thanks for sharing such awesome comments. We hope to have you back soon.

Gwynedd Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We have stayed at Kimptons properties before and we were looking for a quick getaway. Always check them first. They have good vale and they places and rooms are always unique and the staff has always been too notch. Cheers

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Chifftom,

We appreciate you sharing the tip! There are often great last minute deals - keep a look out on our website. Hope to see you again soon!

Philadelphia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was met with a warm welcome & given information on local culture, food & hotel perks. My room was a corner view beautiful. The decor beautiful cleanliness marvelous & In Touch Member discounts wonderful. Last but not least I like to thank Lily H Front Desk & Art Hotel Liaison for giving me the Princess feeling. I am a 4 or 5 star hotel stay caution guru & The Four Seasons was my favor Hotel Palomar is neck & neck. Thank you & I plan to visit again soon.

Dear Kiki5631,

You are a princess! Great to see that Lily and Art were able to make you feel like one! Thanks again for visiting us and for sharing such an awesome review.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 6 May 2014

A gorgeous hotel and phenomenal team made a full schedule be a relaxing and enjoyable trip. SUCH a treat to know that you are walking into a place that will take care of you and genuinely cares about the stay you are having. And the accommodations couldn't be more comfortable; the bed & linens so luxurious.
Every encounter was appreciated and awesome - from the reservation & front desk (Ariella), the door (Art), bar (Benjamin), wine hour, coffee time - just exceptional, extraordinary people at every turn.
Plenty of room in a chic king deluxe room. Don't miss the popcorn in the evening at wine hour. Perfectly popped and divinely delicious!

Room Tip: The King Deluxe was perfect and easily enough room for two.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jacqui B,

I'm beyond thrilled to read that you had such a relaxing and enjoyable trip. Thanks for the shout outs to the team. I'll be sure they get the kudos! Come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I visit Philadelphia every year. I don't know why I can't find an exceptional hotel here, as the city is so fantastic to visit. The staff was very friendly, and we had no issues regarding service. However, I found the room to be very lacking in luxury and enjoyment. The bed was very uncomfortable, and as soon as I saw flat, old, standard size down pillows on the King size bed I knew this hotel would not meet my expectations; I was right. The bed and bath linens were not acceptable for this class hotel. I am a clean freak and did not find the room to be more than surface scratched, which also is not acceptable for this class hotel. I cannot stand when dirty throw pillows that can't be cleaned and have been on the floor and who knows where else are put on the sheets by housekeeping on a daily basis. The bathroom was incredibly tiny and was not large enough to accommodate more than one person at a time. The room itself was also very small although the view was nice. We experienced noise issues late into the night almost nightly; it sounded like someone was playing basketball with a bowling ball?? I never solved the mystery of where the noise was coming from but suspected it was from the fitness center, as that is the floor where we were located. Once we were settled I didn't want to ask for another room, but I probably should have. The bar didn't have a great beer selection, so we went to the hotel across the street, which does have a great bar and is a fun place to sit and people watch. This is a great location, which is why I am slowly trying every hotel around trying to find a truly great one that I want to spend time in at the end of the day; sadly, the Palomar was not it. I am really puzzled by all the great reviews, as that is the information I relied on when I booked here. I would not recommend it.

5 Thank evasteigerwald
Hi Evasteigerwald,

We really hoped you'd love us. I'm so saddened to hear that we fell short. Please know that we do try to consistently deliver a superior guest experience. Should you ever find yourself back in town, please reach out. I'd like to show you that our product and service can live up to your expectations.

Regards,