“Excellent accommodations in Philly”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Little River, United States
“Excellent accommodations in Philly”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My sister and mom and I were visiting Philly to see an old family homeplace. We were not that familiar w/ accommodations in this city, but after careful research, including canceling reservations at another hotel I thought was too far out of the city, I opted for the downtown Palomar, and we were not disappointed. Our room was lovely and comfortable. The best thing were those morning coffees and afternoon wine in the lobby. The staff was helpful in every respect and helped make our stay in Philly so memorable. We agreed if/ when we return, this is where we will stay once again.

Green Features: The Palomar is environmentally friendly, which makes things even better.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Laura L,

We certainly like your decision to return! Thanks for joining us for wine hour and allowing us to help make memories of your vacation in Philly. We can't wait to have you back.

James

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Nice place right in downtown Philly,if you can avoid it don`t drive there,the street out front is absolutely crazy.The rooms are small but very nicely done.The lighting in the rooms is what I believe they call `atmospheric`but I wish they`d just put an ON switch on the wall and when you press it all the lights come on.
The public areas are all ultra modern (chrome/smoked glass etc),the bar is great and gets full with both visitors and locals.Didn`t eat here...too much choice nearby.
A great hotel in a great location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Nick B,

I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the heart of Center City Philadelphia. It's true there is a lot of traffic and many great dining and shopping choices. Hopefully we'll have the chance to welcome you back for another visit in the near future.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I returned to Palomar for another stay this spring and had an even more positive experience than we did the first time around. We took advantage of one of Kimpton's excellent deals to book a King Spa Suite, featuring a beautiful bathroom and one of the most comfortable couches I've ever seen! As always, the staff went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy and settled; I can never say enough about Kimpton staff, and the Palomar staff is a wonderful representation of the Kimpton standard. It's also worth highlighting how incredibly well-located this property is, right in the middle of Center City and almost next door to Rittenhouse Square. Having lived in Philadelphia for several years, I appreciate the fact that the Palomar is within walking distance or a quick bus/trolley ride of almost anything you'd want to do in the city. In short - another fabulous stay at a property that I'd more than recommend.

Room Tip: Any room on a higher floor will have a great view of the city, even if it's not specifically a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LaurenandRyan
LaurenandRyan,

Great to see that the second visit beat out the first. Let's make it a tradition! Thanks for the great review and for your continued loyalty. We hope to see you again soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The Hotel Palomar Philadelphia is in a great location near Rittenhouse Square. The hotel has nice, comfortable rooms and the service in the restaurant is very good. I stayed at this hotel in January 2014. Although I travel each week, it was my first stay at a Kimpton property in several years. My Kimpton InTouch profile was in the computer and they thought that my dog was staying with me. Alas, she was not because it was a business trip. I entered my room to find a very nice welcome note, snack and goodies for my dog. This was such a nice surprise. The room was very nicely appointed and there was even a yoga mat in the closet. The bed was comfortable. Kimpton properties emphasize being green, including this hotel. The coffee in the lobby in the mornings is a very nice and appreciated touch. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Philadelphia.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank essenceofcapri
Dear Essenceofcapri,

Sorry we missed the pup this time! Hopefully next time we'll get to meet! Thank you for such great comments. I'm so pleased to see we met your expectations after so many years away. We do hope to have you back more often.

Cheers,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Had a two day stay at this great place. Everything was perfect. The staff is so well trained and so attentive. The doorman call us by name each time we went out. Our room was small but nicely appointed. There is a cozy restaurant with a nice bar and a great menu. The food is incredible.
I was in town to do a commencement at Temple. When we checked out the doorman asked me how the speech went. Nice. I will be coming back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BJ G
Dear Katie F,

Sounds like you had an awesome first Kimpton stay. Thanks for selecting us as your home away from home over Memorial Day. Please come back and see us during your next weekend getaway.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We went to Philly for a long weekend and stayed at the Palomar. Typical style and character of Kimpton hotels - friendly service, boutique style rooms, and fun to stay at. Pricey, but good value for the money. Great location for walking around the city.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dignan J
Dear Dignan J,

We are certainly centrally located for great siteseeing and shopping. I'm pleased to see that you were able to enjoy the neighborhood. We appreicate you taking the time to write these comments and do hope to see you again soon!

Cheers,
Millersville, Maryland
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I must say that the Palomar Hotel outdid themselves last week! My boyfriend and I had an amazing time which wouldnt have been possible with out these guys! I was emailed after booking my trip just to see if I had any special requests. Which in fact I did. This would be the first time a hotel has EVER reached out to me just to see if I needed anything. Also something that caught my attention and made us feel welcome was the promptness and readiness of the guys who open the door for you outside. It was like a movie! Very on point! Not one complaint! We will be back!!! A+ JOB Palomar!!!!!

Room Tip: Just call the day of your reservation after your check in time and they will help you pick which roo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Molli M
Molli M,

We're so pleased you're pleased! Thank you for sharing such amazing comments. I'm personally thrilled to see that we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your business. We hope to see you again soon.