“Perfect location price and room”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Perfect location price and room”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely corner room on the 9th floor was my home for two days. Wonderful staff with not only a professional attitude but engaging. Happy hour was a nice bonus for wine tasting before venturing out to explore the city. I can't wait to return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Hollie L
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Hollie L,

Thank you for the awesome review. We pride ourselves with having staff that can get the job done, and have fun with our guest at the same time so I appreciate that feedback. Glad you could enjoy our complimentary wine hour. Looking forward to giving you another great Kimpton experience in the future!

James

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at the Palomar while attending a convention in Philadelphia. The hotel was conveniently located so I walked where I needed to go for the two days I was in town. The room was clean with a great view of the city below. The Palomar has a lovely 1920's ambiance. The decor is attractive and the staff friendly and helpful. I especially appreciated the small restaurant off the lobby. Not only was the food very good, my server (Tasha) was kind and quite attentive to my needs. Special bonus not to be missed: The air-popped popcorn drizzled with the chef's special oil. Fantastic!. I'll definitely be staying at the Palomar next time I'm in Philadelphia.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have great views of the city.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank S B
Dear S B,

So delighted to hear that you enjoyed not only the hotel but the restaurant as well, I will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to Tasha! Our truffle oil popcorn is a special treat that you can look forward to during each stay at the Palomar, as well as the service and ambience. Thanks for the awesome feedback. Until next time!

Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Wow this place ticks all the boxes!! Our room was incredible, the staff were friendly and so helpful! I would definitely stay here again!! Nothing was too much hassle and they even have a list of toiletries they provide for free if you've forgotten something! Why doesn't every hotel do this? Wine hour was amazing as well as the much needed hot chocolate in reception! All of which are free!! You'd be silly to stay anywhere else in Philly!!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank El M
Dear El M,

Thank you for the 5-star review! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel and awesome wine hour and Forget-It-We-Got-It programs. So honored to be your hotel of choice in Philadelphia! Kimpton hotels are the place to be! Until next time!

New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I love staying at Kimpton Hotels (and Palomars in particular), and have stayed at their properties in San Diego and San Francisco as well.

The hotel is modern and well-located. Beds were comfortable and there were tons of electrical outlets. They are very pet friendly, with no extra fees or deposits. The staff was very helpful.

Dear rsp1,

Thanks for the great review and your loyalty to awesome Kimpton hotels across the country! I hope you are a Kimpton Karma member so you can earn credit for your stays and get even more out of the Kimpton experience. Until next time!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This week, work has me in Philadelphia. Given my dislike of city driving and cross state adventures, I opted to fly to Philly and take a cab to the hotel. I was several hours early, but the staff allowed me to check in, and I was able to get the King room that I reserved. They did tell me I could wait for a room on a higher floor, but I wanted to get presentable after an early morning flight where I may or may not have drooled on myself while napping as the plane sat on the tarmac. My room is not big, but there are so many creature comforts...a cute couch, the big bed, with lots of pillows...a yoga mat, two animal print robes which...I think....are a cross between funny, kinky, and eccentric. My only complaint is that I can't find the thermostat so that I can make this room a bit cooler. There is free coffee, tea, or iced coffee in the morning, and there is a wine reception every evening from 5-6pm (Note to self: get up early and run so you can have the wine when the job is over!) I am in walking distance from lots of interesting restaurants....and I visited Insomnia Cookies for dessert...try the s'mores cookie, it is amazing. Definitely treat yourself to a stay here, think you'll really enjoy yourself.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GreyhoundGirlie
Dear GreyhoundGirlie,

I am so thrilled to hear that staying with us was a treat for you while in town for work! So sorry you couldn’t find the thermostat but for next time our staff is available 24/7 for any questions or requests that you have. If you are in town again for business or pleasure I hope you join us for another great Kimpton experience!

Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hotel Palomar has it all: luxury, service, and location. Being right in the middle of center city, the Palomar already has a leg up on the competition. The hosted wine hour was lovely and the valet and bell hops were extremely friendly. The rest of the hotel staff was also very kind, making sure we felt at home and if we needed anything to let them know.

The room was brilliant. (I stayed in a King Deluxe). There was plenty of room to roam around, multiple windows and natural lighting, a great work desk, and a shower that is the size of some other hotels' entire bathrooms.

I could not have asked for a better experience and I will definitely be back!

1 Thank whaleykins
Dear whaleykins,

Wow! We aim to please and clearly hit the mark with your recent visit. Thank you for the amazing feedback about our services and our team, I will make sure to pass it along. We can’t wait to see you again and make your next stay as delightful as the last.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Booked last min for our anniversay, and had a great time. A+ staff, was outstanding and went above and beyond. Titus was a great checking us in and will certainly be coming back if we have the chance!!!

Dear EricP,

Thanks for choosing to spend your anniversary with us! Titus is one of the best and we are so happy to have him! I am so delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were kind enough to share your feedback. Until next time!