“Excellent Hotel in the heart of the action”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here during a business trip to Philly. I got a suite. The room was large and very well decorated. Check in was of course provided with the highest levels of service that is the expected at Kimpton properties. Staff always is very personable and strive to make sure your stay is excellent. The room was extremely clean, the amenities were great. Service is really first class. The vibe is energetic yet urban chic. The attached restaurant offered great cocktails that were handmade. Food was pretty good. Location is so close to Rittenhouse Square, you should go out and check out the best of Philly just down the block from the Hotel. I highly recommend this property and will return for sure. I used to stay at the Sofitel across the street and i just can't find any reason to go back there. I am totally hooked on the Kimpton Service

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Marty B,

Our great service is what set Kimpton hotels apart from the rest. There’s so much more where that came from! I am so delighted our staff provided you with world class service and I thank you for a great review and recommendation. Looking forward to have you stay with us again.

James

Write a ReviewReviews (2,620)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

It was my fist time at this hotel. Great location in downtown Philly. The staff were "over-the-top" friendly and accommodating. They have a free-happy hour & I arrived after a long flight & the staff recommended I have a cocktail which they happily got for me while I was checking in and I took it to my room and sipped it while getting ready for my dinner.
The rooms were clean and the bed very comfortable. I only had breakfast at the resturant and it was very good. Service was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on business or vacation. I plan to stay again on my next trip!!!!!!

Room Tip: Be sure to go to their free Happy hour for a nice cocktail.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
James_AdamsonPHL, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear DGGSimms,

So delighted that we made a great 1st impression. Our wine hour is definitely a guest favorite! We change the selection quite often so be sure to swing by the next time you stay with us. Thanks for the feedback and recommendation!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I wholeheartedly recommend Hotel Palomar. We've stayed there numerous times and have never had a bad experience. Love it. And the afternoon wine/ beer and morning coffee/tea in the lobby is an added bonus ;)

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Hippiechick28,

So glad you enjoyed our nightly wine hour, morning coffee service, and pet program – all unique programs that truly make Kimpton hotels one of a kind! Thank you so much for the awesome feedback and the recommendation. We welcome you back for another great Kimpton experience!

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Three out of the four stays here were business and one was personal. And all were great. Latest stay was May 2014 when I forgot my kindle in the room. The housekeeping staff found it, and they shipped it to me across country the very next day. Over the last 2 years, I haven't had a single bad experience & the hotel + staff had exceeded all expectations.

Will definitely book again every time in Philadelphia.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear SMDAVE,

So pleased that we met your business and leisure travel needs and exceeded all your expectations. Our housekeeping team does a phenomenal job handling lost and found items so your feedback is much appreciated. We’d be honored to host you each time you are in Philly. Until next time!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was booked in this hotel for business and had no expectations. What a pleasant surprise. First off, heavy doors, good soundproofing, the rooms are QUIET. I could sleep and not be bothered by other peoples' breathing, TVs, or other activities. The staff were incredibly friendly and literally bent over backwards to help--always with a smile. Comfortable beds, good exercise facilities (not extensive but adequate). Excellent location right next to Davios Philadelphia. Joined the Kimpton rewards program and will preferentially seek out other hotels in this chain in the future. Plus the food from he restaurant was superb.

Room Tip: There are pet floors so if you are allergic like me request a nonpet floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank silke805

Dear silke805,

So pleased to hear that we exceeding your expectations! Sleeping is an imperative part of any hotel stay and I’m glad our accommodations were comfortable and quiet for you! Our new rewards program - Kimpton Karma has many awesome benefits that will enhance your next Kimpton experience. Until next time!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The wedding party suggested this hotel and I am glad we ending up staying here. Great location, beautiful building, and lots to see and do immediately around the hotel. Everyone on the hotel staff was so friendly and very helpful when we had questions. I was very impressed with the level of service.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Hengel R,

We are glad you decided to stay with us! We are so fortunate to be in a great location and in a building with such rich history. We filled it with the best people and according to your feedback, it looks like we have a recipe for success! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

From the moment you drive up to the valet parking it feels special. Darren, the doorman, was an expert at anticipating and accommodating arrival needs. Ask for a room on a high floor; the panoramic view of historic Philadelphia is breathtaking. A great stay worth repeating!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear JDRolle R,

So delightful to hear about your experience at our hotel. One of our goals is to make sure our guest feel special & important and that our staff are engaging our guest throughout their stay. So glad that Darrin accommodated your needs and thanks again for the valuable feedback.