“Exquisite!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Exquisite!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Somehow it just gets better each time I stay here. And I think I've finally figured it out--it's the people who work there because they treat it, and you, as though they live there and are welcoming you to their home.

Join the free KimptonKarma rewards program and while I've never had a room I didn't enjoy, city views are pretty darned nice.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Palomar Hotel in May for my birthday. It was our first time at this hotel and have to say that we were very impressed with everything. The accommodations,quality and friendless of the people who work there was excellent. They went above and beyond. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone and we will come back in the future.

Thank you for making our stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Came here for my bachelorette night! They have a wine hour which was a super nice extra. Great location for city clubbing, shopping, and eating. Lots of cabs in the area too. Beautiful decor with an organic urban contemporary feel.

• Stayed May 2014
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Everything about our hotel stay was wonderful- it started when I made the reservations. There was a discount being offered online but I wanted to book the hotel over the phone. When I spoke to the person on the phone she didn’t know about the discount but she took the time to go to the website while we were talking and was able to get me that price. She was so cheery and helpful- and was not put out by the extra work.
When we arrived to check in the hotel staff was incredibly friendly, full of smiles and made us feel welcomed immediately. I love the décor of the lobby, which is contemporary and kind of hip but also cozy. I enjoyed sitting there in the morning with coffee and in the evening for the complimentary wine and insanely delicious truffle buttered popcorn! The contemporary yet comfortable décor extends to every part of the hotel. The rooms are large, extremely clean, great linens and fluffy towels. The rooms are bright and airy and the bathrooms are also large with terrific showers.
The restaurant was excellent, good food, super friendly servers and if you like cocktails they mix inventive and well-balanced concoctions.
This was my first time to Philadelphia and starting at the Palomar set the bar high- because everyone was so great at the hotel I went out into the city feeling comfortable and friendly and that is how I found all my interactions in Philadelphia- fantastic hotel and wonderful city~
Oh I have to add I had my 9 year old nephew with me and the hotel brought a real gold fish, in a bowl, up to the room for him to enjoy during our stay- it was wonderful and he was beyond delighted. I love this hotel! I travel a far amount and wish all my hotel experiences were this good- sadly they are not- I will definitely look for other Kimpton hotels and hope that they are as lovely as the Palomar.
Final note: I have never written a review before but I enjoyed this hotel so much I wanted to share my experience~

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Southampton PA
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Clean, friendly and modern hotel located within 2 blocks of lovely Rittenhouse Square. Close to great restaurants and shops. Complimentary wine hour each day. So many museums and historic sites nearby. Recommend Luke's Lobster Shack for excellent lobster rolls, Dandelion Pub for authentic English fare and atmosphere, Federal Donuts for hand made donuts, coffee and fried chicken, Parc on Rittenhouse for French bistro vibe, and Franklin Mortgage, a speakeasy that makes excellent hand crafted cocktails - no food (hard to spot dark entry 3 doors down from Dandelion). Village Whiskey also serves specialty cocktail and a limited food menu. All are within 2 - 3 block walk. Spend time people watching sitting on a bench or laying on a blanket in Rittenhouse Square.

Room Tip: Request city view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Palomar Philly is really well located within walking distance of all of the tourist sites. The area is very safe and there are plenty of great shops and restaurants nearby. Have a seat in Rittenhouse Square and just enjoy watching the world go by. Our room was on the 11th floor and it was very large, well appointed and very quiet. The hosted wine evening is a great way of meeting other guests and the hotel had a very mixed clientele which made for some interesting conversations. The staff were lovely and very welcoming. We loved our stay so much we are booking again for next year!
Treat yourself to Sunday brunch at Lacroix at the Rittenhouse Hotel on Rittenhouse Square .... expensive but worth every penny for a unique and delicious experience! For a cheaper option wander down to Reading Terminal Market which is open every day (note that the Amish stalls will not be open on a Sunday, though). Make sure to get a Bassett's ice cream.....yummy!

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor right next to the lifts and worried this may be noisy but we didn't he...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My stay at the Palomar was excellent from the time I got out of my car, to the time that I got back in my car to leave. The location of the hotel is perfect and the staff was on top of their game. Very helpful and eager to assist. There was someone waiting in valet to take my car as soon as I arrived. They unloaded all of my luggage and took it directly to my room. Check-in and check- out were efficient and painless. The room was very clean, bed was extremely comfortable and had a nice decor. I have already recommended this hotel to friends outside of the city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple