“Excellent Service”

Penrose Hotel
Ranked #75 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

s not planning on staying the night in Philadelphia, so I went online on my smartphone and called at least 10 hotels and this 1 had the best rates and with closest. Once I got there the service was great the woman that the desk was very informative, they also had a sports bar where the bartender was very nice and informative also I knew nothing about Philadelphia

• Stayed July 2014
Glen G, Manager at Penrose Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you had a good experience and had the level of service we always strive to provide. Your comments will be shared with our staff and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
San Diego
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Out of town stranded visitors because of cancelled flight. It was almost midnight and we went to the airport information desk and asked for the local hotel list. A very unhelpful airport information desk by the way. We called they had a room, we took a taxi there. The rate was reasonable and we were unfamiliar with the area. The front desk was very friendly though the hotel looked like they were under renovations, which was needed. The room was okay, the breakfast was okay. Nothing much in walking distance if you wanted to eat something other than breakfast. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Glen G, Manager at Penrose Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We are sorry you would not stay with us again as your review seemed to suggest that the value for the room was good. We are currently remodeling the hotel and hope that you change your minmd as we fully expect the results to be very positive.
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I traveled to Philly 4th of July weekend to see the Beyonce concert. I chose this hotel because it was close to the stadium. Because it's a Wyndham hotel I had an expectation at the time of my arrival but I was quickly let down when we pulled up.the outside looks as if it's falling apart. The elevators were very old and didn't work, which was an issue because my room was on the 12th floor. But to my surprise the room was actually nice, aside from the fact the tv had no remote and no one at the front desk could get us one.

I learned from the staff that the hotel was recently acquired by wyndham and they were renovating the hotel little by little which was a relief because I almost lost faith in the name I trust.

Overall my stay was nice and the staff was nice and friendly but I would recommend waiting 6 more months before visiting this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Glen G, Manager at Penrose Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for seeing the potential of this hotel and we here hope that it will not take 6 months to realize most of that potential. However, there is no excuse for you not being able to obtain a remote control and we will look into why that was an issue. The elevators are a problem and we are in the process of re-doing them in a few weeks.Thank you for the positive comments regarding our staff.
Travellers also viewed these Philadelphia hotels
Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium
Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium
#59 of 86 in Philadelphia
Courtyard Philadelphia South at The Navy Yard
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Rodeway Inn Center City
Rodeway Inn Center City
#49 of 86 in Philadelphia
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport

Been to Penrose Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Penrose Hotel

Property: Penrose Hotel
Address: 2033 Penrose Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19145-5623 (Formerly Ramada Philadelphia City Center)
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #75 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Penrose Hotel 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Penrose Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Skyview Plaza Hotel And Suites