“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Square 1682

Square 1682
Reserve with OpenTable
Square 1682 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 4,341 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 17th & Sansom Streets
Transit: We are convenient to all SEPTA bus & regional rail lines! Closest train station is Suburban Station (34 N. 16th Street & J.F.K. Boulevard). You will head west on John F. Kennedy Blvd toward North 17th Street, then turn left onto North 17th Street.
Description: The epitome of Philadelphian cool awaits you inside Square 1682, where contemporary design, chic urban ecology, and delectable dining, meets bright, bold, and creative takes on Modern American cuisine and cocktails. Adjacent to Hotel Palomar Philadelphia in the charismatic Center City neighborhood of Rittenhouse Square, Square 1682-in Kimpton fashion, has distinguished itself from the areas surrounding restaurants through presence, exceptional service, fine cuisine, and as Philadelphia's first LEED-certified green eatery and bar. Inside, you'll discover the lively exhibition kitchen where Executive Caitlin Mateo beings only the best of local and sustainable sourced ingredients together for masterfully created meals all day long. Using her culinary lens of American cuisine with world influences, the aroma of Mateo's cuisine immerses the senses the moment you walk in.
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We ate here because it is in the hotel in which we are staying. And we are so glad we did! Everything was fresh and delicious. My husband had the burger. It was absolutely delicious. My daughter had the fettuccine with vegetables. Very fresh vegetables. They take their garden and farm to table seriously. They grow many of their own vegetables. I had the Amish Chicken. Flavors were perfect. Chicken was moist and perfectly cooked. Last we had the Philly Cheesecake. Truly wonderful. Gone in 5 seconds! Eat here you won't regret it.

Simon D, Supervisor at Square 1682, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Good evening Anna,

My name is Miranda Paullin and I am the Supervisor here at Square 1682. Thank you so much for your positive comment on Tripadvisor regarding your most recent visit at Square. It makes us so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed yourselves.

We hope you all visit us again soon!!

Best,
Miranda

• Polish first
“Great Brulee Oatmeal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Square 1682 has a great breakfast menu, so it was hard to chose. The wait staff is very friendly and answered all my questions. I was very happy with the brulee oatmeal with bananas. I look forward to coming back and trying the omlettes and other selections.

Hi Ann!

I am very happy to hear that our staff were able to help you in any way they could after your recent visit to us. The bruleed oatmeal is a recent addition and we are delighted that you enjoyed it so much. Hopefully the next time you are in town you will stop by again to try one of our other many delicious dishes.
“great cocktails!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a hip, trendy hotel bar. The service was great and the cocktail list is always changing to reflect the freshest ingredients.

Hi Becky.

My name is John Clarke and I am the Service Manager for Square 1682. I am very happy to hear that you are such a big fan of our extensive cocktail selection. Our Lead Bartender (now our Lead Bartender for all properties in Philadelphia!) has done a wonderful job infusing creative flavors with only the freshest ingrediants. We recently changed it up a little so please come back to try some of Chaunceys newest creations.
G'boro NC
“Kimpton style and level of excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great menu and food lives up to its description. It's a popular bar scene, but that makes it a lively place for a meal as well.

Good evening.

My name is John Clarke and I am the Service Manager for Square 1682. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to us. We hope to see you back again soon for more of the same!
Wilmington, United States
“Amazing calamari”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

One of the best I have had and the perfect appetizer before I went out for the evening. It had fried jalapenos thrown in there with the calamari. The sauce was a nice compliment

Good evening.

My name is John Clarke and I am the Service Manager for Square 1682. Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor. We hope that you enjoyed yourself so much that you will come back to visit us again in the near future for more of the same!