“BYOB Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Benjamin Franklin House
Description: Family-owned; outdoor seating; across from Franklin's Block; BYOB restaurant
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Went here with a large group during restaurant week. The staff seemed a bit overwhelmed as the restaurant was crowded, but we had good service none the less.

The restaurant week menu was a great deal, and everything was very good! Great great meal.

It is a BYOB and there was NO corking fee, so that's nice.

Wallet friendly nice meal.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Found this small trattoria by accident. Was in Philadelphia to bring my granddaughter home from finishing her freshman year at Drexel University and happened across this delightful restaurant on a rainy, warm evening. My daughter, granddaughter and I saw their outside menu board and decided to go in - lucky us. The staff of 2 were charming, welcoming and helpful. The food was superb. We mixed and matched 3 pastas, 2 desserts, wine (which was included), and coffee. The prices was very reasonable and we even had some leftovers that we took back to our hotel. A truly delightful experience. Highly recommend Panini's Trattoria.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Panini's is a charming Italian café conveniently located in the heart of Old City. The price for the amount of food you pay for is amazing. Check them out. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

today my husband and I decided to give this cute place a try. We are not from Philly and wanted to explore downtown and have our traditional Sunday brunch even away from home. Having a comp mimosa thrown in made me want to try this place out even more! Well, not up to par is how I will leave it. The waiter there notified me I would be extremely happy as "they have won a 2014 award from Tripadvisor.com" yea…….how? My french toast was french blah. The bread must've stayed in the batter over night because it was sooooo messy and ughh I can't even begin to explain. My husband ordered a steak that actually wasn't half bad. Oh and my biggest thing, MISSPELLED WORDS ON THE MENU! seriously, if you guys can't spell fries (fires) that is an issue. Then what made my french toast experience worst is when the waitress says "its not going to change this happened last weekend also" -____- FIRE THE COOK! ok Im done ranting. Good mimosas though ;) ohh wait PS, selling two slices of toast for two bucks is ridiculous, I live in NYC a very expensive city and at least the toast comes with every meal. SHEESH!!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This little hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant served the best meal I've had in a long time. The ricotta-filled gnocchi in a Gorgonzola cheese sauce wasn't on the menu (server mentioned it), but it certainly should be! The little nuggets of heaven were swimming in a sauce that was perfectly seasoned and plentiful. It's a BYOB place, which we didn't have along, but we were served a complimentary glass of white wine. (My boys had menu items, which were also very good -- rigatoni in red sauce and bow-tie buttered noodles.) Our server was excellent, as well. My compliments to the chef!