“A very bad experience with rigid policy”
Review of DeTours Urban Excursions - CLOSED

DeTours Urban Excursions
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Best Segway Tours of Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A very bad experience with rigid policy”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

i recently booked a livingsocial coupon with DeTours and just a day before suffered from a severe back-pain. As i was not able to make it the next day- i called DeTours to get my tour re-sceduled. BUT they refused, the person on the phone said politely -"even if there is a death in the family, you lose your money if it is less than 3 days before the tour". I was even ready to pay the re-scheduling fees- but they refused. i would say - kind of big negative experience i had in a long time.
Summary- you have to be careful while booking with them.

2 Thank Akash K
aminata06, Owner at DeTours Urban Excursions, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
It's always sad to hear someone had a bad experience with my company. I have reviewed your case with the staff. I hope your medical issue has been resolved and sorry to hear you suffered to begin with.

It is our understanding you have received a full refund from Living Social.

We do have a strict policy it is clearly stated on our website and reiterated in the email confirmation each reservation receives. Our policy is within industry standards and necessary to protect DeTours from individuals who falsify illness, injury or family crisis. It is a sad fact that someone would lie about these things.

The staff offered you a 20% discount on any future booking and that offer still stands if you would every choose to take advantage of it.

4 attraction reviews
“Awsome segway!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We enjoyed our 90-min segway tour even more than we expected. It was easy and fun, and our guide, Mike, couldn't have been better. Will be looking into the cheesesteak segway tour next. This is a "must-do".

Cranberry
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great fun - an adventure of it's own kind!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I were very glad we chose to do this one-of-a-kind 3 hour tour. We'd never been to Philadelphia or ridden a Segway before. We had a great tour of the city - the kind that let us see all it has to offer from a drive-by perspective. Our tour guide, Mike, was very knowledgeable and personable. It took me about 15 minutes to get my bearings on the Segway but it was very easy to use. Although our guide did a great job of waiting on lights to turn and keeping everyone together, we were literally riding not only on sidewalks with lots of pedestrians, but also bike routes and on the streets with regular traffic. I don't think I'd take our daughter on an activity like this until she was closer to 16. A few times we had to run red lights to make it with our group and a little girl ran out in front of me with no warning on the sidewalk. I don't think a child could think fast enough to maneuver in situations like those. We stopped at a little café to get some hot chocolate (it was cold outside) and had an opportunity to use a restroom. We were extremely pleased with our entire tour and would do another tour here the next time we go to Philadelphia - we think we'll try the cheesesteak tour next!

1 Thank JCStover
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The 3 hour Orange Tour with Mike!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Mike, Mike, Mike! Take the tour with Mike! He is fun, knowledgable, and was very alert to everyone's needs on the tour! He took the time to answer all questions with much more than book knowledge. He was born and raised in Philadelphia; he knew the entire area! He spoke with such enthusiasm for the for all things Philly! Again, a fabulous day on the three hour tour with Mike!

1 Thank scottsdaleshirl
Atlanta, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
“A great time!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Just took the Philly Cheesesteak Segway tour today, and it was a blast! A perfect blend of fun and delicious. Mike was an awesome tour guide. I would definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a great way to try a taste of Philly.

1 Thank travelin_Beaus