“A lot of fun”

Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Best Segway Tours of Philadelphia
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We are difficult to please New Yorkers who have been out on many Segway tours in the past. This was easily one of the best. We took the hour and a half tour as we were fearful the 3 hour trip might be too long. The time frame was just right. Our guide memorized everyone's names right away, was extremely entertaining, knowledgeable, and just plain fun. We had a very good time and learned a few things along the way. I would highly recommend them

2  Thank LoveVacationGuy

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We had an incredible experience on our Segway tour through Philly. Our tour guide Mike made the experience both educational, fun and humorous! Even though you think you think you know a city, experiencing it on a Segway shows it in a whole new light!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

i recently booked a livingsocial coupon with DeTours and just a day before suffered from a severe back-pain. As i was not able to make it the next day- i called DeTours to get my tour re-sceduled. BUT they refused, the person on the phone said politely -"even if there is a death in the family, you lose your money if it is less than 3 days before the tour". I was even ready to pay the re-scheduling fees- but they refused. i would say - kind of big negative experience i had in a long time.
Summary- you have to be careful while booking with them.

2  Thank Akash K
aminata06, Owner at DeTours Urban Excursions, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

It's always sad to hear someone had a bad experience with my company. I have reviewed your case with the staff. I hope your medical issue has been resolved and sorry to hear you suffered to begin with.

It is our understanding you have received a full refund from Living Social.

We do have a strict policy it is clearly stated on our website and reiterated in the email confirmation each reservation receives. Our policy is within industry standards and necessary to protect DeTours from individuals who falsify illness, injury or family crisis. It is a sad fact that someone would lie about these things.

The staff offered you a 20% discount on any future booking and that offer still stands if you would every choose to take advantage of it.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We enjoyed our 90-min segway tour even more than we expected. It was easy and fun, and our guide, Mike, couldn't have been better. Will be looking into the cheesesteak segway tour next. This is a "must-do".

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I were very glad we chose to do this one-of-a-kind 3 hour tour. We'd never been to Philadelphia or ridden a Segway before. We had a great tour of the city - the kind that let us see all it has to offer from a drive-by perspective. Our tour guide, Mike, was very knowledgeable and personable. It took me about 15 minutes to get my bearings on the Segway but it was very easy to use. Although our guide did a great job of waiting on lights to turn and keeping everyone together, we were literally riding not only on sidewalks with lots of pedestrians, but also bike routes and on the streets with regular traffic. I don't think I'd take our daughter on an activity like this until she was closer to 16. A few times we had to run red lights to make it with our group and a little girl ran out in front of me with no warning on the sidewalk. I don't think a child could think fast enough to maneuver in situations like those. We stopped at a little café to get some hot chocolate (it was cold outside) and had an opportunity to use a restroom. We were extremely pleased with our entire tour and would do another tour here the next time we go to Philadelphia - we think we'll try the cheesesteak tour next!

1  Thank JCStover