City Line Hotel
Good 3.5/5
Conwell Inn(Philadelphia)
Carlyle Hotel(Philadelphia)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The only reason we didn't leave was because they wouldn't give us our money back and we were NOT paying for another hotel. This hotel is GARBAGE. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. ripped up carpet. Door would not lock. Homeless, drunk people talking to themselves outside. Only one TV channel. Shower curtain is too short - water soaked the floor. And the room for FOUR people (2 beds) only has two towels. We had to share towels and washcloths. The dresser drawers were FAKE. This hotel is a waste of money and ruined the night of my family's vacation. DO NOT STAY HERE its an eyesore and a disappointment. ALSO the hotel staff were RUDE and acted as if they had better things to do and had vulgar music playing the entire time.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank kayleejayne92
Reviewed 2 July 2012

For starters, any reviews above 2 stars is probably fake. I flew to Philly for a school admission interview and stayed at this hotel for one night and OMG, what a filth! I should have known that it was going to be an experience of its own when a "lady of the night" and her client offered me the keys to their room, for half the price, right in front of the desk clerk, because they were "done with their business" for the night. When I got to my room, it was so putrid. The sheets were nasty and I counted at least 5 holes in just one of them. It was a cold December day and the so-called heater was running on empty, so no heat was coming out. There was no way to control it because it had no panel, the wiring/metal components were exposed. The coils were surrounded by a 3-piece wood slab nailed together.

That night, I went to bed fully clothed with my jacket on because I did not want to catch any skin disease from the sheets. By the way, if you want to use the phone or tv or iron, you have to ask the front desk and pay extra so you can have them in your room. Seriously??? Don't let me started on the bathroom either. I can see disease written all over the place. The shower head and the piece of rag of a towel were the worst I have ever seen. Even worse, I did not even put my feet on that carpet, just disgusting. The chair, I was suppose to sit on, was worst: all kinds of 'ungodly stains'.

As soon as I felt safe to walk down to campus for my interview, I checked out of this "pit" and left without even looking back. If you care about your life and don't want to leave your skin behind, I suggest you don't even consider staying at this "hotel".

By the way, I noticed that they removed my previous "negative" portrayal of this hotel. Such a shame!! I am shoked that Trip Advisor would try to "silence" the "real" customers and prevent them from sharing their experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
8  Thank JohnnyL55
Reviewed 17 June 2012

My husband and I wee running in our first 5k in Fairmount Park and we live a distance fromt eh city, so we were looking for an inexpensive hotel that would allow us to be close to the start so that we could get a good night's sleep and not have to travel the morning of the race. North American Motor Inns was in a great location, only 5 minutes from the Park and the cost was less expensive than most of the others in the area, so we decided to book. That is where the mistake began. Most reviews are based on opinion, so I will try to stick to the facts. First fact - it was cheap. Second fact - it was close to the park. That is where the positive facts end. When we got there they were repaving the back parking lot, so there were 6 spots in front without double and triple parking other patrons in. We had to park in the shopping center next door, and didn't know if we were going to get ticketed. The hotel claims it has 7 luxurious ballrooms. At least 3 were rented when we were there. I am not sure if that is what contributed to the noise all night long, but I woke up from the noise at least once an hour all night long. This did not provide the good night's sleep which was our intention for our first 5k race. Our room was on the 4th floor. Immediately after stepping out of the elevator, we could smell a rancid odor. As we walked down the hall, the odor somehow got continually worse until we reached our room. I cannot guess the cause. We asked hosekeeping if they had any air freshener and they said no. I had to spray my perfume throughout the room repeatedly over the weekend to make it bearable. The windows could not open, so we relied on the air conditioner to circulate the air. There was no climate control on the air conditioner. There was a switch for on or off. The air conditioner was extremely loud, which also contributed to the lack of sleep as we had to leave it on to circulate the air or it would have been unbearable. There was one dresser and the drawers were screwed shut. There was a sign that said not to open the drawers, to use the two drawers under the television console. The beds were hard as a rock. Again, contributing to a lousy night's sleep. There were 2 threadbare towels in the bathroom. There was NO clock or clock radio in the room. If we hadn't brought our i-phone, we would have had no way of knowing the time or an alarm to wake up with in the morning. Other than the location, this location has absolutely NOTHING positive about it. We are usually willing to forgo some bells and whistles to get a good deal. I see bad reveiws and generally am wiing to risk it thinking that people are being too harsh. Given the option, I would have paid double to have stayed somewhere better. DO NOT stay here. It is NOT worth the savings.

Room Tip: There are not any.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank emmbeekay
Reviewed 12 June 2012

well we needed a hotel for 2 nights trip to philly the hotel was clean and staff were helpful even though we didn t deal with them much since we ve booked online and everything was just as we want it ;the room was clean the bed were comfortable , the only complaint was the heater it was too noisy ;otherwise the hotel was quiet and peaceful ;
the location is great near a big mall and many restaurant.
we will definately stay there if we come back to philly

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Unfortunately I wanted to save some money for a quick 1 night trip to Philly. Worst idea ever!! I got totally destroyed by BEDBUGS!!!! Smelly, dirty, sketchy, sleazy etc. This place is a dump. Avoid at all costs!!!! I repeat avoid at all costs!!! This place is cheap as dirt for a reason. Don't be fulled!!! BEDBUGS!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo