“AVOID AT ALL COST!”

City Line Hotel
Ranked #80 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
“AVOID AT ALL COST!”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This hotel is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed. If you can imagine a 1960-1970 horror film mixed with the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas this is the hotel that would be created. Room was dirty and was very hot, the drawers in the dresser do not open, the toilet bowl wasn't even cleaned (there was a ring around it) and the carpet was filthy. We stopped by the hotel later that night and the downstairs was filled with transexuals and drag queens. The third time we came back the downstairs was empty but the lobby was filled with blood splattered all over the walls!! Blood on the floor, walls and elevator doors. It seriously looked like someone was murdered. No one bothered to clean up the mess and it must have been there for a while because there was no crowd and the blood appeared to be completley dry. We went to our room grabbed our stuff and left.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel it may cost more but at least you will actually be able to stay there.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank Dana G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I ignored the bad reviews and stayed here, I figured I just needed basic and I am not fussy. This was a mistake. The shower may scald and freeze you and the taps to moderate temperature do not work. The hotel is full of kids partying who sleep 5-10 in a room, during our stay they kept us up all night and tried to get into our room numerous times (we ourselves had been out partying in a bar and got in a 2am, but even slightly drunk and exhausted we could not sleep). The receptionist could not care less. They blocked our car in and had no idea who the people who had parked around us were or where they were. We stood for an hour and a half in the lobby waiting for someone to move their car. Eventually a car next to us moved and by going up onto the sidewalk and making a 100-point turn we got out. Only plus was that our room did not have bedbugs I guess. Heed the reviews and DO NOT STAY HERE, it truly is a depressing hell hole.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
9 Thank Pumpkinsoup2012

Travellers are raving about these Philadelphia hotels

Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed here because it was cheap and we were going to a concert at the Mann. This hotel is not in a bad neighborhood, but from what goes on in this place you would think it was in the middle of North Philly. This place had pimps, hookers and I think someone was stabbed there during a fight on October 5th. There was dried blood all over the lobby in the morning, and down a stairwell. The rooms were are 105+ degrees because of broken ac, black guys were harassing girls in the hallways, I seriously would not even think about laying down in one of the beds in this place. Don't be fooled by the location on City Ave this place is not safe.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank theverymoon
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed here because it was the cheapest option in philly. Well, actually, it's pretty far outside philly with terrible traffic in between and only a strip mall in walking distance. The biggest problem I had was the heat: there was no thermostat, just an on off switch. All night was getting up to turn it on, then off, then back on, then off. I was either too hot or freezing cold all the time. When it was on, the heater sounded like a jumbo jet landing next to the bed. The TV didn't work either, but after an employee spending about an hour in my room trying to fix it, I gave up on TV.
Even at check in they had no record of my reservation with hotels.com and no internet access. I had to call hotels.com and sit on hold with them in the lobby so they could talk to reception. Uncomfortable bed, damp everything, mold smell, I'm not a picky traveler (I've stayed in seedy motels all over the world) but this place is terrible. stay away!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tr4velc4t
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We enjoyed another stay at the North American Motor Inn recently. It is so conveniently located near major roads and many good restaurants and stores nearby. It is also on 2 good bus routes for downtown visits. The rooms are clean and well equipped. The TVs work well and the beds are comfortable. We always enjoy our stays here.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if that is important to you. Rooms are not fully accessible
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This is the worst MOTEL I have ever stayed in....BED BUGS are still there. I wish we would have research this MOTEL better before travelling from 10 hours for our Family Reunion....We had to change rooms,no air, nasty shower curtains, holes in the ceiling, mold in the rooms. NO SWIMMING POOL...It's not worth the stay..GO TO The HILTON which is less than a mile away.

Room Tip: Trust me, do not stay here!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank DeniseCarolina33
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This hotel is a dump!!!!!!!!! I stayed here July 5-7, 2012. Had to change to four different rooms in my two night stay! Air conditioning did not work and its 100 degrees! There were bed bugs in the room, they ended up in my luggage and biting me!!! Requested Manager several times, left several messages and went to the front desk on several occasions looking for him. Always was told he was not around and they would have him contact me, To this day I have not heard back from him and I left another message yesterday!!! I have filed a report with the Better Business Bureau, and my next step will be filing a lawsuit!!! ONCE AGAIN STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP!!!!!!!!! This place is a serious risk to your health!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends