“BED BUGS” 1 of 5 bubbles

City Line Hotel
Ranked #80 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
“BED BUGS”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

We checked in at 2:30am...room 415.....The first room was open,dirty with no air. ..My son and I went back downstairs @ 2:45 am.....and was given room 421 I found a bedbug. crawling on me then we found them crawling everywhere and we have video and then they said no Refund!

• Stayed May 2013
6 Thank dawnmosley5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Telford, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is the very first review that I have ever written but I felt compelled to warn the public! This place is a dump! We were on the 4th floor and stayed there because it was inexpensive for our needs. The room stank to high heaven and was dirty and dusty. The elevator had duct tape on it and creaked and thumped when it ran. One of two elevators broke while we were there. I had to call security 3 times during my extremely sleepless night because of noise and shouting and screaming in the hallway outside our room. But by far the worst part was the hourly activity in the room right behind my head! It was extremely graphic and very disturbing and I am extremely thankful that my nine year old son remained asleep. I however did not sleep for one lousy minute. I was able to walk down the Art Museum steps the next morning as a breast cancer survivor so I am grateful for that. Do NOT stay at this place! You would be cleaner and safer if you just bring a pillow and sleep on the curb out front. Oh, and the front desk and security sleep all night!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Joanne B

Travellers are raving about these Philadelphia hotels

Wyckoff, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Royal Crowne and Hilton were booked and we thought... how bad could it be for one night? Well it was pretty bad. Thin walls and noise, holes in the walls, stains on the furniture and carpet. NO hairdryer??? AC did not work. Shower head missing (shower was a pipe sticking out of the wall. The good: staff was polite, sheets were clean and toilet and sink looked clean. This was the only reason we "stuck it out". We would not recommend this motor inn. We only stayed because we were visiting our son at St. Joseph's.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank toldthetruth
College Station, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

I did read the negative reviews before booking. But I said to myself "$70 a night can't be that bad", and booked for 3 nights. I regretted my decision immediately after checking into this hotel. Believe me, this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The lobby, the elevator, the rooms, the floors, everything is really crappy in this place. The staff are rude, and they won't do anything except checking you in. Following are some of my experiences of horror at this place.

1. I checked into this hotel on a hot day with temp 90F. Once I moved into my room, I found that the air-conditioning was not working. I called the help desk, and they told me the AC repairer would come the next day. As I started complaining, they asked me to pay deposit $20 and take a fan. I didn't pay the deposit and didn't get the fan. In fact, there was no AC for the entire two night period I stayed there.

2. Everything in the room was dirty. The bathroom was really dirty. The furniture was crappy. The TV wasn't working. The comforters smelled really bad. I had to put towels on the bed to sleep on it.

3. In the second night, I saw bugs crawling on the walls of my room (I have attached some photos). And that's it. I didn't sleep and checked out early morning without staying for the third night.

This place is absolutely disgusting. I wouldn't stay here for free.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
11 Thank Odis Y
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Checked in at 1pm that was fine. But when I recieved my key to the room it said "The Ritz" that should have been my first clue to the mess we were getting ourselves into. My husband and I proceed to the elevator which reaked of cleaning solution and body fluids. My husband went to press the button to get to the fourth floor the button was broken off. I had to stick my nail in the button to make it work. And the floor indicators did not work. We had to wait for the door to open to see what floor we were on . Once we made it to the 4th floor the hallway looked ok but once we made it to the door which had been trimmed to fit but was trimmed unevenly. You can then hear in and hear anything coming out of the room as well. We then sat our bags on the dresser that had signs on it that read, the drawers do not open please use the drawers to the TV stand. I'm like ok..... Looked around the room the blinds catch my eye. The blinds were missing blades and a few of them had holes in them. Looked closer and found that the windows don't open. If you pushed hard enough the window would fall out. Went in to the bathroom, having watched Hotel Hell my Husband brought cleaning products for the bathroom just to be safe. But at first glace the bathroom looked halfway ok but went to spray the tub and shower area the wall in the shower turned black. I couldn't even bring myself to continue to clean the bathroom. I cleaned the toilet and sink and that was it. And the beds were about the cleanest looking thing in the room. But they slept horrible my Husband and I both woke up backaches. There was lipstick on the wall actually not even sure if it was lipstick but some pink greasy looking stuff on the wall. And the light switches didn't even work. You had to twist the bulbs in to make the lights come on in the room. the phone in the room could only call the front desk the nightstand was very dusty and dirty. The drawer to the nightstand looked like it had been used to store dirty shoes. Our experience in that room was all bad. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE! Not even my worst enemy. Had planned to stay for 2 nights couldn't even do that if you pay me.

Room Tip: "Worst place to stay ever"