“Decent food - a bit trendy for my taste”
Review of Sampan

Sampan
Reserve with OpenTable
Sampan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 4,490 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Walnut
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I recently dined with a colleague at Sampan. While I think the food had some nice flavors, this place just didn't do it for me. First off, it was a too "trendy" - seemed like a place to be seen, which is just not my taste. Second, several of the dishes we ordered were pretty greasy, also not my taste. On the bright note, the prices were super reasonable. I was shocked at the price tag. The plates seemed small but they were very filling.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed the food I ordered. It was perfectly seasoned and a good amount of food. Definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had a wonderful meal here this past weekend. Did the tasting menu which was nice the first time around to see what we liked the most. The sea bass was the most amazing dish! Wish I had the recipe! Service was terrific and friendly. The only complaint I would have is that some of the dishes come out much too fast. A slower pace would have been preferred.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had a really memorable meal! Big group, they were very accommodating to us. The food was excellent - family style appetizers, creative menu, excellent presentation and went out of their way, un-asked, to prepare gluten free apps plates for the 1 GF person in the party. The main courses were all fabulous; delicious, creative and well presented. Everyone was more than pleased, and our party were all well-traveled and discriminating diners. The service was outstanding; actually memorable. From the great care taken with the gluten free diner, the extra staff to make sure all of our mains were delivered on time, to the constant presence of pleasant and attentive servers, we were superbly taken care of. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

A bustling restaraunt with wonderful food.. Began with the crispy spicy shrimp. Vegetable fried rice, scallops with cauliflower, and filet with bok choy. Nicely accompanied with a nice white Bordeaux.