“Best Burgers on the planet”
Review of Village Whiskey

Village Whiskey
Ranked #95 of 4,428 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Incomparable. truly the best. the pickles, the fries, all great. but the burgers are truly exceptional.

There are newer reviews for Village Whiskey

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Great location. Fun menu with house-made pickles. Superior burger and fun cocktails. Friendly service.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stopped in here for lunch, and it has a cool vibe. The restaurant is very small, and we were lucky to get a table. I ordered the Cobb salad, and it was lousy. The chicken was over cooked and dry, and there wasn't much of it. The normal ingredients that should be in a Cobb salad were missing. My boyfriend ordered the hamburger, and while a large burger might be considered a good thing, it was the shape of an oversized hockey puck that dripped a pile of red juice on the plate with each bite. He did not enjoy the burger. The duck fat fries were pretty good. I cannot speak for the rest of the menu, but we way over paid for the quality of the food. I would not go back. The service was very good.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife and I went for drinks after dinning next door at Tinto. The decor and ambiance was cool and original. I couldn't imagine a more extensive whiskey selection. My wife had the drink special, a tequila based cocktail that was delicious. The bartender was super knowledgable and super friendly, he made us feel very welcome. The food choices look really good, would love to go back for brunch. Think you Chef Garces!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I was meeting a friend for lunch this past Saturday. I happened to be driving into center city from the suburbs and she told me she'd put our name in right away even though I was at least a half hour away. Turns out this place always has a scary long wait on weekends.. sometimes up to 2 hours! By the time I reached the restaurant they had JUST AT THAT MOMENT called for our table and I ended up taking a full hour to get there!

In the end, their signature burger was really good, and so were the duck fat fries. We also shared some lobster mac and cheese, which also didn't disappoint.

I didn't try any of their drinks, it was a little early in the day for me, but overall the lunch was really good. I just know if I showed up there hungry on a Saturday or Sunday I would go nuts waiting for a table for so long!