“Great Place”

Emma's Cafe & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Emma's Cafe & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #732 of 4,491 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013

From the minute we walked in the door to the minute we left, our service and experience was really, really good. The food was wonderful and the suggestions made by the staff were on point.

This is a hidden gem, and would certainly recommend to anyone.

2  Thank beanobob

Reviewed 1 August 2013

First time we went it was December 12 2012. My family and i were blown. Best food we had in a love time. We went every month until march and I miss it so we will be going very soon. I can not wait !

2  Thank Nataly G
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Tried the place because of the good reviews. I ordered branzino...never had it before so nothing to compare it to. It was one of the specials but that could mean a number of things other than it was a customer favorite. I didn't care for it, soggy skin, some bones...I've had better seafood. My dining partner had the lobster ravioli. I had a taste...the pasta was a little too aldente but the flavor was good. Apps - ordered the eggplant parm...the best I ever had. Dessert - had cannoli and profiteroles with coffee. My sweet tooth was satisfied. I would go again because of the good service and to try other dishes because there were pretty good looking dishes on other people's tables...

1  Thank Terri L
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I'd say that I eat here every other month or so. Mostly, we're former co-workers getting together to catch up with each other. I've never been disappointed with my meal. I've had veal, chicken, pasta and fish. My favorite side veggies are the roasted potatoes and spinach. At my last visit, the veggies were not hot. That's the first time that has happened. My partner always asks me to bring home an order of chicken parm. He's a big eater and always has some left from the take out order. It's not a fancy place but it's cozy and friendly. On the weekend make sure you have reservations. The BYOB factor reduces your bottom line when the check comes.

1  Thank AuntieFlo
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Having passed the restaurant many times, we were told by friends that they had dined here and what a wonderful experience they had. So, we purchased a coupon to give it a try.
OMG.....you might not expect much from the exterior but don't let that fool you.......you are transformed to a much different place once inside.
The inside is quiet and quaint. The waitstaff was attentive and very helpful with the menu and specials. The food was fabulous! The cesear salad had a bite to it, fresh and creamy. They bring rounds of bread with bruscetta, nice treat. We each ordered something different and no one was disappointed. Veal, Chicken, pasta, sauce or gravy, all wonderfully deliscious and lovingly prepared. Cream puffs, lemoncello and cannoli's topped off dinner nicely. Granted it could get a bit pricey, but when everything falls into place, sometimes you treat yourself!

1  Thank red6111