“Great lunch choice near 30th Street Station”
Review of JG Domestic

JG Domestic
Ranked #1,025 of 4,405 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 29th St at the Cira Center, adjacent to 30th Street Station
Transit: Adjacent to 30th Street Station and easily accessible via all Septa Regional Rail lines, as well as Amtrak.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great lunch choice near 30th Street Station”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Enjoyed lunch with a friend at JG Domestic in the Cira Centre, across the street from 30th Street Station. We started with the flat bread, which turned out to be enough for one of us for lunch, but that didn't stop us from ordering a couple of panini sandwiches - chicken for my friend and salmon for me, with a shared a order of duck fries. Everything was very good! The service was prompt, attentive and non-intrusive. There's a nice selection of craft beers, both on tap and in the bottle. I wasn't too impressed with the wine-by-glass choices, but then I'm not a fan of California wines - too much alcohol and oak for my taste. If you have a reason to be at 30t Street Station, you have a great opportunity to savor JG Domestic's offerings.

• Visited May 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Stellar”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We had the tasting menu the last time I was there, which doesn't seem exotic since it is just composed of various menu items. It was stellar and gave us a long list of dishes to order in the future. Favorites were the mushroom truffle flatbread (amazing), Brussels sprout, and scallops. Definitely worth a visit!

• Visited April 2013
Honesdale PA
“Delectable food only surpasssed by the service!”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We chose the tasting menu - a good measure of the best of any restaurant if you can spare the time as we could ... the cauliflower cheddar soup is not to be missed; do not be fooled by the title - this is velvety creaminess bursting with flavor. I could have made a meal of just the soup. The wood oven flatbread and eggplant hummus are two that hit the spot and made us take notice. The galzed carrots and brussels sprouts were a little too sweet for my palate, others in our party liked them fine. I highly recommend the jumbo shrimp, and the organic poussin. The salad was very good, same with the russet potatoes, the bacon smoked pecans, and the salami; all dipping sauces are made in house including the mustard and the quality reflects that. The scallops, by themselves are well worth going back to JG's, but what stole the show was the most extraordinary chocolate cake! I did not think anything could top the exquisite beignets until I took a bite of the cake. Kudos to the chef who has the capacity to surprise us with his creation of an everyday dish - chocolate cake and cauliflower soup - that is a master at work! Can't sign off without giving a shout out to Nathan and Raul who took such good care of us. And oh, loved the beer as well!

• Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“An Iron Chef's Casual restaurant”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

This is a great place to have lunch if you find yourself at 30th Street Station in Philly. This casual restuarant in the Cira Building nex to 30th Street Station and reachable via a sky bridge from the station. Where else can you eat at an Iron Chef restuarant for suck a low price. There are daily lunch specials such as fried chicken with mashed potatoes with a spicy honey dressing over pickled red cabbage. The burger I ordered was completely undercook and had to be returned. It was Ok not great. The duck fat fries were delicious if a little limp. This place is worth a try if you are nearby but not worth a special trip

• Visited February 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Iron Chef near the Iron Rails”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Working in the Cira Centre next door to 30th Street station affords me a lot of opportunity to taste almost everything on the menu. This place is hard to beat for lunch, dinner or dronks. And if you find yourself in the train station, skip the food court and hike on over the bridge past the regional rail lines. The Cauliflower soup (yes) is a dream, silky smooth, creamy, filled with many little surprises like Scrapple and apple butter. Cobb salad bbq chicken melts in your mouth. The fish and chips are an unexpected delight. The Boubon beneigts- are a perfect ending. Just wish they would bring back the regular fries. Love the Duck Fat fries but the regular ones were sooooo gooood. Otherwise it would be 5 stars.

• Visited February 2013