“Becoming a regular here...”
Review of The Dandelion

The Dandelion
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dandelion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,466 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 18th and Sansom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Anytime my husband asks where I want to go for dinner in Philly, it is an easy choice. I love Steven Starr's restaurant, The Dandelion- an English Pub but don't let the smack talk about English food deter you. Each offering is an amazing surprise and a culinary delight. It's hard for me to decide even though last nights meal was as great as ever. The dandelion salad and butter lettuce salad are two favorite starters as are the deviled eggs, trout and salmon pate, cheese platter....OMG for the risotto, the rabbit stew, the trout, (and so much more) the fantastic fun drinks including hard ciders and fun cocktails with an English twist. Great service, cozy atmosphere and did I mention the amazing desserts, all make this my currently favorite Philly restaurant and it has been for a couple of years now

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We were in Philly visiting friends and this is where they chose to take us - great choice! The first positive sign was that we couldn't get reservations until 9:30 on Tuesday of the week we were visiting (Friday reservation). We visited a speak-easy right beside this restaurant for drinks prior - also highly recommended - and then had a couple of drinks in the bar before dinner. Awesome atmosphere with a very solid beer list (from a beer snob). Dinner did not disappoint, several of us got the burger and loved it. I had the fish and chips - which may have been the highest quality fish and chips I've ever had. Portion doesn't appear to be huge, but I didn't leave hungry and everything tasted excellent!

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Excellent ambiance, very friendly and accommodating staff. Excellent beer selections and authentic twist of English pub favorites!

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

The Dandelion was quaint from the outside, and rustic and authentic feeling from the inside. Greatly enjoyed their collection of hard ciders and interesting desserts. The beet rum cake was delicious. Lively crowd on a Thursday evening.

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Great lunch with clients last year. Went back again recently and everyone raved at the service, food and atmosphere. Had the fish and chips last time. Out of this world delicious. This time I went for the Mac and cheese and it was delicious. They star you off with delicious bread and we all went for dessert. Put this great place on your list. You won't be disappointed.